Help us put up a billboard

FireJohnIdzik

This billboard scam isn't about Woody or even really Idzik

It's about some media whores raising a bunch of money, putting up a couple of cheap billboards, pocketing most of the proceeds after sending a minimal donation of NY/NJ money to Cincinnati and Philadelphia...

And the most important objective...print/ radio and TV face time for a solid 15 minutes of fame.

They should rename their website

Kardashianmediascam.com

Just wondering. Do you have any proof they are stealing money? From what I've seen they have been pretty upfront about where the money has gone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they showed a clip of Woody in his box, jabbering away to some other guy, it didn't look like he was watching the game at all. 

Guy is a putz with ears.

It's about some media whores raising a bunch of money, putting up a couple of cheap billboards, pocketing most of the proceeds after sending a minimal donation of NY/NJ money to Cincinnati and Philadelphia...

And the most important objective...print/ radio and TV face time for a solid 15 minutes of fame.

Kardashianmediascam.com

I don't see it that way at all. I never got the impression the guys who started the campaign cared about notoriety.  Like so many of us, just a couple of fans who had had it with how the team, and Idzik specifically, were performing.

Kardashianmediascam.com

Can you prove this slanderous accusation? 

So far they have done a lot billboards and sky planes aren't cheap. 

Stick to what you know, by the way what is that? 

They had nothing to do with the expensive part--the airplane thing

They just handled the cheap billboards and the media exposure and face time and hopefully wisely invested the profits

Just wondering. Do you have any proof they are stealing money? From what I've seen they have been pretty upfront about where the money has gone

Done with this topic since I certainly don't want to give any further ink to this scam.

Let's just leave it at Mssrs Ponzi and Madoff who were also "pretty upfront" about everything. .

Done, Over, Finished

They just handled the cheap billboards and the media exposure and face time and hopefully wisely invested the profits

What the fuk are you talking about?  Are you trolling responses or are you serious with this?  What do you have against them?

Those guys worked out a deal to get those billboards up in a flash.  They were far from cheap.  And in terms of fame, I have no idea their names.  Probably no one here does either.

What the fuk are you talking about? Are you trolling responses or are you serious with this? What do you have against them?

Those guys worked out a deal to get those billboards up in a flash. They were far from cheap. And in terms of fame, I have no idea their names. Probably no one here does either.

Like I said

Done, Over, Finished. ..

the media reported that the airplane thing was a single female and it cost 1000. That's gotta be some kind of scorned Jets fan price because I know a guy who used to sell those ads and they aren't that cheap. 

the billboards are easily in the 5 figure area way  more than the airplane. And they are all owned by either Viacom CBS or ClearChannel, neither of which cut deals. 

this is what happens by the way when you target a clientele who can actually afford PSLs. Those people expect a decent product and as it turns out they have money for all sorts of things. Like Billboards.

Call and see what a billboard costs and then get back to us. 

Complaining on a message board about the Jets isn't getting the job done 

Public Humiliation shows how passionate Jets fans are about their team these guys did what many others thought about doing for that I commend them. 

SG3 is the ultimate troll/clown. We already posted our finances online and can easily prove that not only have we not profited one cent on this movement, we are in the negative and donating hundreds of hours of our time and effort. Major expenses include the billboards which cost us $7000 + $540 production on the static board. We donated over $1000 to pediatric cancer research. We shipped over 700 shirts @ $5/each USPS priority ($3500+) plus we had to print all of those shirts at about $5 each... There was the cost of incorporating to protect ourselves and a ton of other minor expenses like the font license, boxes & tape, etc...We brought in just over $15k and then shut off donations... We are still selling shirts but those proceeds are being reinvested in to things like the banners we did last night...

And he keeps claiming we are media whores except we turned down EVERY chance we had to be on television as well as an interview with Mehta... This is not - and has never been - about us... This is about being passionate about our cause and organizing others who feel the same way we do in an effort to give us all one voice.

It is working and clowns like SG3 cant stand it... I love how much it burns him up.

And he keeps claiming we are media whores except we turned down EVERY chance we had to be on television as well as an interview with Mehta... This is not - and has never been - about us... This is about being passionate about our cause and organizing others who feel the same way we do in an effort to give us all one voice.

It is working and clowns like SG3 cant stand it... I love how much it burns him up.

I don't understand.  You don't want publicity, you just want billboards? 

I don't understand.  You don't want publicity, you just want billboards? 

obviously we want publicity for our movement in order to constantly apply pressure to Woody to make a change.. that is a huge difference than being the "self promoting media whores" that this fool is accusing us of being… and this certainly is not some sort of money grab. 

obviously we want publicity for our movement in order to constantly apply pressure to Woody to make a change.. that is a huge difference than being the "self promoting media whores" that this fool is accusing us of being… and this certainly is not some sort of money grab. 

Wouldn't being on television and interviewing with Mehta help the agenda?

Wouldn't being on television and interviewing with Mehta help the agenda?

Interviewing with Mehta is 100% against what our agenda is… we are getting plenty of press without him. We only work with writers like Brian Costello and Kristian Dyer (to name a few) who respectfully report on the Jets. Guys like Mehta and Cimini have a huge reach - but we don't want that type of press. 

Television would be great for our cause and we were asked to be interviewed for a major network pre game show that i don't want to mention by name.. we turned them down because we want this mission to remain faceless and anonymous. It is more powerful that way. Again, this isn't about the founders.. this is about the thousands of people that we represent. We are more than capable of spreading that message over radio, internet, newspaper & social media and stick to our original plan. 

Obviously we aren't amateurs.. We know how to run a campaign like this and it is impossible to deny that with minimal donations from people across the country, we were able to make a SIGNIFICANT impact. The only thing left is to see how tone deaf Woody Johnson is. If he listens to us and does the right thing and shows that he cares, good for him. If he doesn't, it will prove to be a HUGE mistake for both his franchise and his legacy as a Jets owner. We will organize 2015 boycotts & move forward with our mission. 

why would anyone give a sh!t about a stupid jets billboard on the highway?  like its going to spur the masses to boycott jets games?  or have our leaders force change?  please.  this is just silly.  Woody doesnt give a sh!t about your billboards, or what you think. or what any fan thinks.  and these dumb stunts just continues the jokes against the jets and continuing us as a joke organization.

People want to spend their money on stupid sh!t? Fine. Go ahead.  But you're not having any true impact on the jets or how they operate.  It would be much better to donate all the money to the needy than line the pockets of corporations... and you'll feel a lot more satisfaction.

This all seems like high school.  What's next? We all get up and walk out in the 1st quarter and have a sit in on the train platform?

I stand for the National Anthem. And the peanut vendor.

And the salutes to the troops, veterans (of which I is one) and first responders every game ..

Now that is a cause...

Wait...the billboards guy is NOT interested in media attention BUT thinks Brian Costello and Kristen Dyer are "fair minded"????

why would anyone give a sh!t about a stupid jets billboard on the highway?  like its going to spur the masses to boycott jets games?  or have our leaders force change?  please.  this is just silly.  Woody doesnt give a sh!t about your billboards, or what you think. or what any fan thinks.  and these dumb stunts just continues the jokes against the jets and continuing us as a joke organization.

People want to spend their money on stupid sh!t? Fine. Go ahead.  But you're not having any true impact on the jets or how they operate.  It would be much better to donate all the money to the needy than line the pockets of corporations... and you'll feel a lot more satisfaction.

This all seems like high school.  What's next? We all get up and walk out in the 1st quarter and have a sit in on the train platform?

I think you're wrong here. I'd be willing to bet that he's very aware of this campaign, and that it's upsetting to him. No one likes to be publicly embarrassed, and that's exactly what's happening here. And not just the billboards, but the conversation in the press, radio, social media, blogs, and message boards about how forcing Rex on the new GM brought in a lesser candidate, and how repeating the process by keeping Idzik and letting him hire a new coach would be just as bad or (probably) worse.

If he's on the fence about not firing Idzik, I'd be willing to guess that these billboards -and all the other chatter- will be enough to tip the scales.

I think you're wrong here. I'd be willing to bet that he's very aware of this campaign, and that it's upsetting to him. No one likes to be publicly embarrassed, and that's exactly what's happening here. And not just the billboards, but the conversation in the press, radio, social media, blogs, and message boards about how forcing Rex on the new GM brought in a lesser candidate, and how repeating the process by keeping Idzik and letting him hire a new coach would be just as bad or (probably) worse.

If he's on the fence about not firing Idzik, I'd be willing to guess that these billboards -and all the other chatter- will be enough to tip the scales.

agreed. Woody has proven that he is able to be swayed by attention. It happens pretty much every year.

Like I said

Done, Over, Finished. ..

Deleted

No need to waste more time on this media whore or his solid 23 infomercial posts to raise money

And the salutes to the troops, veterans (of which I is one) and first responders every game ..

Now that is a cause...

Wait...the billboards guy is NOT interested in media attention BUT thinks Brian Costello and Kristen Dyer are "fair minded"????

Thought you were done............

Thought you were done............

haha.. i told you - he is like a cockroach infestation.. almost impossible to exterminate and does nothing but cause a nuisance. He will definitely come back to supply more examples of how to stick to any dumb story in public regardless of how many times you are proven wrong and simply never admit when he is defeated. 

A true knucklehead. The internet - and these message boards - are plagued by them. People like him are why we chose to not waste too much time in places like this that could be such a great tool for real fans. 

Archived