Geno Supporters

Lizard King

I supported Geno.I never thought in a million years he'd be a top 10 QB. I pictured him as a middle of the pack 14-18 type QB. Throughout last year and during this past preseason it looked like he progressed as a QB and was going through his progressions, however the regular season has shown he truly is a one read QB. I was wrong on him.

I supported Geno.I never thought in a million years he'd be a top 10 QB. I pictured him as a middle of the pack 14-18 type QB. Throughout last year and during this past preseason it looked like he progressed as a QB and was going through his progressions, however the regular season has shown he truly is a one read QB. I was wrong on him.

Takes a man to admit that. I personally always felt that he was a terrible choice. 

Not a public flogging. More of a tongue in cheek thread. I was hoping for him to work out too.

Takes a man to admit that. I personally always felt that he was a terrible choice. 

the place he was picked in the draft was not exactly "terrible" it was simply an Idiot GM taking a shot Geno might amount to something in the NFL, unfortunately he didn't. Also I'm not saying Idzik is an Idiot for taking Geno he's just an Idiot for everything he's done since he's been here

the place he was picked in the draft was not exactly "terrible" it was simply an Idiot GM taking a shot Geno might amount to something in the NFL, unfortunately he didn't. Also I'm not saying Idzik is an Idiot for taking Geno he's just an Idiot for everything he's done since he's been here

Well, it still is a waste of two seasons for the possible benefit of one as well as just another wasted second rounder....Second rounders are usually pretty important no?

Geno played smarter football at the end of last season, and it looked like -maybe- he had turned a corner. I understand the team having some confidence in him heading into this year. 

Still, he was also clearly no lock. And they knew that Vick was a one, maybe two year rental at most. They were gonna at least need a backup going forward, if not another guy to potentially groom to start. Passing up on the good QB names in the middle rounds to draft guys who are no longer on the team was just a terrible job. There'd be a reason to tune in the rest of the year if the Jets had a Murray, McCarron, or Mettenburger to turn to now. There's just not even a glimmer of hope on the roster now. 

Geno played smarter football at the end of last season, and it looked like -maybe- he had turned a corner. I understand the team having some confidence in him heading into this year.

Still, he was also clearly no lock. And they knew that Vick was a one, maybe two year rental at most. They were gonna at least need a backup going forward, if not another guy to potentially groom to start. Passing up on the good QB names in the middle rounds to draft guys who are no longer on the team was just a terrible job. There'd be a reason to tune in the rest of the year if the Jets had a Murray, McCarron, or Mettenburger to turn to now. There's just not even a glimmer of hope on the roster now.

Murray, McCarron and Mettenberger aren't legitimate prospects, though. If they wanted to hedge, they had to swallow hard and take Bridgewater, Carr, or Manziel early. It's also likely that they didn't invest a fourth or fifth on a QB because it was preordained that they were giving Rex his Tajh Boyd pick.

All that said, I'd think that they didn't take a QB because they're going to let the next head coach pick his own.

This is kind of a douchy thread, no?

Most people on here who were supporting Geno were not in any way convinced he was some great QB. It's that they are Jets fans and were rooting for the kid to be the guy because that was the best case scenario for the team and by extension the best thing for us as fans. 

Turns out he's not. I'm not losing sleep over it. Nor do I consider myself wrong for wanting the kid to be good. 

I hate told you so bullsh*t. 

This is kind of a douchy thread, no?

Most people on here who were supporting Geno were not in any way convinced he was some great QB. It's that they are Jets fans and were rooting for the kid to be the guy because that was the best case scenario for the team and by extension the best thing for us as fans.

Turns out he's not. I'm not losing sleep over it. Nor do I consider myself wrong for wanting the kid to be good.

I hate told you so bullsh*t.

It's more like the Sanchez Supporters thread a couple years ago. Have some fun. Lighten up. This is going to be a long 8 weeks for us all.

Listen, it takes time for a QB to develop. Lets give Geno 3-4 more years before we decide if he is a quality starter in this league. Jets fans need to be more patient. John tells me that Geno is going to be a great one, I have all the faith in the world in John, he has done this before and built the Seahawks superbowl team from last year, he is single handedly responsible for the SB victory last year, he knows what he is doing. Trust me.

Murray, McCarron and Mettenberger aren't legitimate prospects, though. If they wanted to hedge, they had to swallow hard and take Bridgewater, Carr, or Manziel early. It's also likely that they didn't invest a fourth or fifth on a QB because it was preordained that they were giving Rex his Tajh Boyd pick.

All that said, I'd think that they didn't take a QB because they're going to let the next head coach pick his own.

If this was their thinking, they're idiots. Which may be redundant. 

The question is if Idzik continues down this path, How many season will it then take to fix this mess? The Jets must NOT allow this to spiral out of control. Too many needs and too many bad decisions in 2 years.

I think the question that Woody needs to ask is Is Idzik the right guy to fix this mess.  Beginning of the season I would have said yes (but I didn't foresee this bad of a mess), now I would have to say no.  As a fan, I have no confidence in Idzik to fix things (not that that matters for anything).

Eh, last years college QB's seemed average prospects to me. I like Mariota, Winston and Cook better. Mariota looks very good, not great coming out. Winston is a big gamble (rarely needs to go through progressions, off feild, looks soft and a bit prone to go Barkley). Really like Cook. If Cook knew the Jets were drafting him would he come out? (legit chance to start in his first year, weapons like Harvin, Decker, Kerley and Ammaro).

Point is maybe Idzik didn't like last years class anyway

I'd like to see how Geno looks with a new coaching staff. His facial expressions look identical to that of Sanchez's when he was here. What Steve Young said about Rex when he was first hired. He would never want to play for a coach like Rex because all he practices is defense.

Eh, last years college QB's seemed average prospects to me. I like Mariota, Winston and Cook better. Mariota looks very good, not great coming out. Winston is a big gamble (rarely needs to go through progressions, off feild, looks soft and a bit prone to go Barkley). Really like Cook. If Cook knew the Jets were drafting him would he come out? (legit chance to start in his first year, weapons like Harvin, Decker, Kerley and Ammaro).

Point is maybe Idzik didn't like last years class anyway

Then he should have gone a veteran middle of the Mill qb and waited. Drafting Geno was a mistake. A costly one.

I'd like to see how Geno looks with a new coaching staff. His facial expressions look identical to that of Sanchez's when he was here. What Steve Young said about Rex when he was first hired. He would never want to play for a coach like Rex because all he practices is defense.

For Sanchez it was because he had been getting it all night and was just feelin dopey and content. Geno on the other hand was licking windows all night and watching sponge bob and missing practice because his Mickey mouse watch lost its little hand.

No thank you. I would rather NEVER see Geno's face again.

Geno could never win a fair competition in camp. He really lost both years and still started.

I agree. Lets just see what happens with a new coaching staff. It's possible this is just not an atmosphere QBs can thrive in.

Not a public flogging. More of a tongue in cheek thread. I was hoping for him to work out too.

Safe to say pretty much every Jets Fan was "hoping for him to work out" once we selected him.

Where he was picked was also almost universally considered a "good pick" given need and where he was expected to go by the experts and his projected potential.

Most fans were also pretty rational, especially after last year, that he was probably not going to work out (or needed to make a HUGE leap this year at best).

Is what it is, he's a bust.  Our mistake was signing Vick, not drafting another young QB to develop/play as needed.

In the modern NFL, if you don't have a legit Franchise QB, you damn sure better have TWO or more young potential franchise QB's on the roster.

The question is if Idzik continues down this path, How many season will it then take to fix this mess? The Jets must NOT allow this to spiral out of control. Too many needs and too many bad decisions in 2 years.

I think Idiotzik has already doomed the team to at least 2-3 years of digging out.  Man, we have huge gaping holes at so many positions and coaching.  Gonna be hard to watch for a while but of course we'll all do it cause we're saps who love this team.

Listen, it takes time for a QB to develop. Lets give Geno 3-4 more years before we decide if he is a quality starter in this league. Jets fans need to be more patient. John tells me that Geno is going to be a great one, I have all the faith in the world in John, he has done this before and built the Seahawks superbowl team from last year, he is single handedly responsible for the SB victory last year, he knows what he is doing. Trust me.

lol! Mr. Johnson, I truly appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule of poodle walking and money counting to come on here to speak (write?) to us.  Your words have soothed the wounds and pain I have from yesterday's game (I know it really wasn't much of one but I think cluster fuk is too harsh a term to so early in the morning).   

Thank you again and please have a wonderful day.

Your friend in Christ,

munchie

I agree. Lets just see what happens with a new coaching staff. It's possible this is just not an atmosphere QBs can thrive in.

Amen. And hopefully, a QB that doesn't think that with a win the team can do a "360" Vick's forte is not speaking, thinking or math. I am not sure what is left.

Archived