So... what will the excuse be

jgb

Rex also inherited some quality coaches too(Callahan, Westhoff)...for Rex to succeed elsewhere as a HC, he'll need to be surrounded by a much better staff than the one he currently has. I don't know if he's capable of putting together that type of staff. Regardless of the lack of talent on this years Jets , the team looks disorganized every Sunday with the bungling of timeouts and the too many men on the field penalties. Rex needs to be surrounded by those bad cops....not lackeys like Thurman and Weeks.

It's an underrated component of the past two seasons...we've lost a lot of good assistants and replaced them with crap.

Good post.   I had posted some similar thoughts a while back.  When Westoff left 2 years ago, everything started to implode.  I think he relied a lot on Westoff.  Callahan was an excellent line coach--- maybe he had something to do with getting Alan Faneca, Damien Woody and the others who were better than what we have now--- AND knowing how to

best craft a top o-line.

Rex also inherited some quality coaches too(Callahan, Westhoff)...for Rex to succeed elsewhere as a HC, he'll need to be surrounded by a much better staff than the one he currently has. I don't know if he's capable of putting together that type of staff. Regardless of the lack of talent on this years Jets , the team looks disorganized every Sunday with the bungling of timeouts and the too many men on the field penalties. Rex needs to be surrounded by those bad cops....not lackeys like Thurman and Weeks.

It's an underrated component of the past two seasons...we've lost a lot of good assistants and replaced them with crap.

I don't think Rex sees a day as HC after he's done here.

He'll get a ton of DC offers and some TV stuff as well but he's got too many warts to be seriously considered for a HC job anywhere else but here. 

Define "Lighting it up"

If he throws for 180-220 yards 1 TD and 0,1 turnovers and goes say 4-1, 5-2, 6-2 does that mean the Jets made a mistake

If he starts throwing for 350-400 yards and but is turning the ball over 2,3 times a game and the Eagles go 3-3,  blow the division to Dallas does that mean the Jets were right

Here are the Eagles next 6 games

Vs Carolina

@ Green Bay

vs Tennessee

@Dallas

vs Seattle

vs Dallas

If he can keep the turnovers to a minimum then the Eagles will be fine. If he doesn't they will lose

...for the rex lovers when sanchez starts lighting it up?

• Tanny fault for lack of weaponz?
  • refs fault for hating the jets?
  • schottenheimer and/or sparano blew it?
  • damien woody's butt?

im going to go with lack of weapons at times and also a poor offensive lines at others with a mixture of both at times as well.

it took me a long time to give up on sanchez and what finally made me give up on him wasn't even totally his performance but the huge contract we gave him in comparison to the turnover to touchdown ratio he gave us in return.

i think on the eagles he is going to shine because he has a decent offensive line and some really good weapons over there.

• damien woody's butt?

I'll just state the facts.  Rex had Sanchez as a rookie and he was horrible.  They had to use the run game to keep him out of his own way.  As Sanchez appeared to be heading in the right direction, the let go of Braylon, Cotch and Keller, replacing them with scrub jags.  Sanchez regressed and it was time for him to go.

Now, he goes to play for Chip Kelly, who managed to get Nick Foles to post a hall of fame type of season last year.  Maclin has been unreal as of late, Ertz is a stud, and they have a dynamic RB combo.  They are hurting on the o-line though.

No reason Sanchez shouldn't play the best football of his career.  So, if I were to pick from your list of options, definitely lack of weapons which was on Tanny.

<p>

• damien woody's butt?

Who cares. Why label fans?

I'm sick of a divided fan base. I rooted for Sanchez. I rooted for Rex. I will root for the next head coach and QB.

I'm sick of a divided fan base. I rooted for Sanchez. I rooted for Rex. I will root for the next head coach and QB.

No offense, but that's part of the problem.  Sure its right to root for your HC and QB especially when they are first starting out.  But continuing to stand by them when their play and coaching becomes a disaster just seems foolish to me.  

You are just rewarding their lack of talent and skill.  That attitude is really why we really are the same old Jets.  We all get excited over moral victories and agin accept failure at the hope that next year the same idiot player or coach will turn it around which never happens.

No offense, but that's part of the problem.  Sure its right to root for your HC and QB especially when they are first starting out.  But continuing to stand by them when their play and coaching becomes a disaster just seems foolish to me.  

You are just rewarding their lack of talent and skill.  That attitude is really why we really are the same old Jets.  We all get excited over moral victories and agin accept failure at the hope that next year the same idiot player or coach will turn it around which never happens.

yeah i agree. i root for the jets to win but i'm disappointed when they stink. how does that not make me a "real fan" i'll never know. also very funny time to bring up a divided fan base when most of the people who supported all the failures now want us to lose out. sorry but i can never root for the jets to throw a game. #realfan

yeah i agree. i root for the jets to win but i'm disappointed when they stink. how does that not make me a "real fan" i'll never know. also very funny time to bring up a divided fan base when most of the people who supported all the failures now want us to lose out. sorry but i can never root for the jets to throw a game. #realfan

You are a real fan.  It's what it means to be passionate about the team, either ripping or praising them.  That's the deal.

Yeah, I never want them to lose either.  But over the last two/three years I find myself getting pissed every time I see Rex on the sideline or press conference.  (Now I also get agitated when I see Idzik's mug.)

I just think Rex has been coasting for years and keeps saying the same mantras of "guys are playing hard", "we got to do better", "we had a great practice", "I need to get more involved with the offense", you know the fukkin drill.  Enough already.

it would be more painful for jets for him to play well. therefore refer to Immutable Jets Rule #1... the most painful thing for us shall come to pass, always.

Everyone is having metal pipes shoved up their poopshoot while Celine Dion does a live rendition of 'My Heart Will Go On' and the Sanchez butt-fumble in on infinite loop? 

Well I guess we just aren't on the same page. Because fans root. Players play. Coaches coach. LOL - it is like the sign on the wall in the 8th grade gym.  I just don't see how a fan rooting for his team could ever hurt the team.  Call me old fashioned I guess.

These are two different things.  Everyone has a right to be mad when they play bad etc. Anyone who has ever sat near me during a game knows how mad I get.

I was talking about something different in my earlier post. I am just not going to stop going to games (my tickets are already paid for) and I also will never root for the Jets to lose.

You are a real fan.  It's what it means to be passionate about the team, either ripping or praising them.  That's the deal.

Yeah, I never want them to lose either.  But over the last two/three years I find myself getting pissed every time I see Rex on the sideline or press conference.  (Now I also get agitated when I see Idzik's mug.)

I just think Rex has been coasting for years and keeps saying the same mantras of "guys are playing hard", "we got to do better", "we had a great practice", "I need to get more involved with the offense", you know the fukkin drill.  Enough already.

Well this is all true. And that is why Rex will soon be fired.

Well I guess we just aren't on the same page. Because fans root. Players play. Coaches coach. LOL - it is like the sign on the wall in the 8th grade gym.  I just don't see how a fan rooting for his team could ever hurt the team.  Call me old fashioned I guess.

I totally respect your way of being a fan.  Wish I could approach it like you do.

These are two different things.  Everyone has a right to be mad when they play bad etc. Anyone who has ever sat near me during a game knows how mad I get.

I was talking about something different in my earlier post. I am just not going to stop going to games (my tickets are already paid for) and I also will never root for the Jets to lose.

i hear ya man. seasons like this we all grieve in our own way. i don't begrudge anyone for how they cope with it.

i hear ya man. seasons like this we all grieve in our own way. i don't begrudge anyone for how they cope with it.

I don't give people a hard time with how they deal with it. As long as they aren't calling other fans out in the process.  I just hate the fan on fan stuff.  :)

I don't give people a hard time with how they deal with it. As long as they aren't calling other fans out in the process. I just hate the fan on fan stuff. :)

But you love the mod on mod stuff!

Me to Max..........until they suck so bad that I'd rather clean my house than watch the game.

Archived