Biggest mistake Woody Johnson could make

Ex-Rex

Bringing Rex and Idzik back next year after the Jets show signs of life in second half. Woody has only to look at the first 10 games to see the real Rex and Idzik. I fully expect Rex to make a second half charge to try and cling to his 'dream job'. I hope Woody sees through that and cans the both of them for the future of the Jets because if he keeps Rex I predict no better than 8-8 next year also as this is Rex's level. Under Rex the Jets will always lose to the top tier teams like NE, GB etc and beat the lesser lights at the end of a miserable season of futility. We have seen it before and trust me with Rex around it will happen again. Rex is a great person, but a lousy HC. He is overmatched and the Jets always look confused at a time when focus is necessary. Under Rex they will always waste timeouts and use challenges terribly and will lose close games that they should win. If THAT is the kind of team you want then by all means make Rex HC for life.

When you own a football team, or become GM, you will get to make whatever decisions you want. Until then, enjoy the victories we are about to get, buy some PSL's and some Jets gear.

A reference to being born rich playing off the Sheldon Richardson comment would have been nice here. 

Bringing Rex and Idzik back next year after the Jets show signs of life in second half. Woody has only to look at the first 10 games to see the real Rex and Idzik. I fully expect Rex to make a second half charge to try and cling to his 'dream job'. I hope Woody sees through that and cans the both of them for the future of the Jets because if he keeps Rex I predict no better than 8-8 next year also as this is Rex's level. Under Rex the Jets will always lose to the top tier teams like NE, GB etc and beat the lesser lights at the end of a miserable season of futility. We have seen it before and trust me with Rex around it will happen again. Rex is a great person, but a lousy HC. He is overmatched and the Jets always look confused at a time when focus is necessary. Under Rex they will always waste timeouts and use challenges terribly and will lose close games that they should win. If THAT is the kind of team you want then by all means make Rex HC for life.

:indifferent0023:

You might want to look at your remaining schedule. 

How are you not 7-9?

You think we win 5 more?? No chance.

Buffalo, Miami (twice), Minnesota, Tennessee and Patriots.

While 5 might be a stretch, it is not impossible.  Even the Patriots, who you out played last month is winnable.

Buffalo, Miami (twice), Minnesota, Tennessee and Patriots.

While 5 might be a stretch, it is not impossible.  Even the Patriots, who you out played last month is winnable.

So weird. I am not one of the pessimist fans on this board. I want us to win every game possible. I don't care about that losing to get a good draft pick. We suck at drafting. Whats weird is that a pats fan is more gung ho about the Jets winning games than a Jets fan. I just have no confidence in this team. Don't know if you watched the game, but that one bomb to Graham.. thats the first time in what feels like years that we have gone vertical beyond some tiny dump off. Buffalo is going to poop on us. Miami has Tanny playing more like his draft stock, Minnesota is no guaranteed W anymore. Tennessee is playing some good ball. And the Pats.. I said it when the year started, I am happy if we can just go 2-14, beating the Pats twice. Now I guess I hope for 3-13 beating the Pats once.

I still think Idzik is simply instituting a long term plan.  It was never about winning this year for him.  Season one was simply a hatchet job to clean up the ungodly mess Tannenbaum made of our salary cap and ridiculous contracts.  Season two is horde cash, add a few key pieces on the cheap, hold the fort.  Season three is hire his OWN head coach, spend the horded cash, find a QB. Season four: profit.

Archived