Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Finally started playing witcher 3. Only a level 5 and getting my ass handed to me regularly. (Most missions I'm finding recommend level 6 or more) Kinda frustrating that there's no Auto Save, i've had to replay so much of this after dieing.

Also, alchemy and crafting just look like a bear to learn. Haven't even started to dig into it yet.

Anyone who was playing earlier finish  the game? Final thoughts? Is it worth it learning crafting?

I'm playing on one of the easier settings, but you'll still encounter enemies where your only chance is to run the **** away.

As far as crafting and what not

I've dumped a ton of hours into it and it's still daunting in my opinion. Alchemy seems easier since you can essentially keep all of those items (since they don't have any carry weight); every now and then I would check the tab to see which items I could make and just make them. One good thing is that once you've made a potion you don't have to keep crafting it, like the beast oils, etc. 

I think I'm at Level 26 and I still haven't finished the main quest, or even bothered to make any serious Witcher gear. 

It's fun and it's gorgeous, but it's not giving me the same level of feels that Skyrim did. 

I crushed the Harley Quinn add on for Batman last night.  Pretty cool.  She's got some cool gadgets and stuff.  It was short though.  Going to do the Catwoman one tonight...All in the Family or something like that. 

Edited by JiF

Played some of the SW Battlefront beta for a bit last night...for those of us on PSN I was shocked I was able to get in and play.

There is a single player mode where you have to survive waves of enemies, and two multiplayer maps.

Pretty stripped down version of the game but it's what I expected. I didn't play for very long but it seemed fun. I heard the battle on Hoth is incredibly unbalanced though in favor of the Imperials. 

Played some of the SW Battlefront beta for a bit last night...for those of us on PSN I was shocked I was able to get in and play.

There is a single player mode where you have to survive waves of enemies, and two multiplayer maps.

Pretty stripped down version of the game but it's what I expected. I didn't play for very long but it seemed fun. I heard the battle on Hoth is incredibly unbalanced though in favor of the Imperials. 

only available for PS?

Also, PS4 MSRP is now $350

starting to get into it again..  I'll play a game or 2 then won't touch it for 6 months.  Just finished Wolf Among Us and have to choose between a bunch I have sitting here including Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor, Alien, Far Cry 4...  Think I might go with Alien.

would I get Fall Out 4 without having played any of the others or is there a continuous story.

starting to get into it again..  I'll play a game or 2 then won't touch it for 6 months.  Just finished Wolf Among Us and have to choose between a bunch I have sitting here including Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor, Alien, Far Cry 4...  Think I might go with Alien.

would I get Fall Out 4 without having played any of the others or is there a continuous story.

There isn't really any story continuation with Fallout4 from the previous iterations, it will be a completely different backstory.

Takes place in 2277, about 200 years after the bombs fell. This is the same year that Fallout3 takes place, but that took place in DC and the Capitol Wasteland. 

This should help:

http://www.geek.com/games/get-ready-for-fallout-4-with-this-fallout-timeline-1629887/

Lately the only games I've been playing I haven't even been that passionate about, to me it feels like filler time just knowing that Fallout4 will be out in less than 30 days. Damn I so can't wait anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Keep playing Metal Gear because it allows me to go on killing sprees whenever I want. I'll lie in wait near an encampment, wait for a sandstorm to come through, and savagely butcher everything in said encampment before the storm passes...except for one guy, whom I'll then antagonize from afar until he starts to scream, and then I put him out of his misery with a cold snipe.

Keep playing Metal Gear because it allows me to go on killing sprees whenever I want. I'll lie in wait near an encampment, wait for a sandstorm to come through, and savagely butcher everything in said encampment before the storm passes...except for one guy, whom I'll then antagonize from afar until he starts to scream, and then I put him out of his misery with a cold snipe.

I for one am extremely happy you have video games to act out your sadistic fantasies in.

Sicko

Love the game but think I ****ed up somewhere because I cant get past this one mission.  When I look sh*t up online, its saying I needed to send certain guys in to survey the are and then I guess I dont have one of those extraction back pack air bag thingies that can take a truck.  And these things appear that **** me up in seconds flat.  That happened about 2 weeks ago and I havent picked up the game since.

It might be too much for my gaming attention span. 

Love the game but think I ****ed up somewhere because I cant get past this one mission.  When I look sh*t up online, its saying I needed to send certain guys in to survey the are and then I guess I dont have one of those extraction back pack air bag thingies that can take a truck.  And these things appear that **** me up in seconds flat.  That happened about 2 weeks ago and I havent picked up the game since.

It might be too much for my gaming attention span. 

Is that the mission where the four zombie guys appear near a footbridge, trapping you on the other side with the guy you rescue? Then every time you try to cross the bridge they light you up?

Is that the mission where the four zombie guys appear near a footbridge, trapping you on the other side with the guy you rescue? Then every time you try to cross the bridge they light you up?

The zombies in the rescue sound right. But I'm not sure about the location because I've attempted everything possible and I think that ****ed me all up on the map.  

But yeah the zombies are super hard to kill and when they appear all the enemy soldiers turn to zombies as well.

Anyway, I figured out you have to get into the armed vehicles and shoot everything with their cannons but it's hard as ****, basically impossible because they kill the dude you're rescuing after a while.  

So I quit. 

The zombies in the rescue sound right. But I'm not sure about the location because I've attempted everything possible and I think that ****ed me all up on the map.  

But yeah the zombies are super hard to kill and when they appear all the enemy soldiers turn to zombies as well.

Anyway, I figured out you have to get into the armed vehicles and shoot everything with their cannons but it's hard as ****, basically impossible because they kill the dude you're rescuing after a while.  

So I quit. 

how are you at opening aspirin bottles? 

• Upvote 1

I learned enough GTA from my sons so I can use all their upgraded stuff to run around and shoot people.  Pretty sweet.  Something about running down a street with a RPG blowing things to shit I find appealing. 

Edited by The Crusher
  • Upvote 1