Coughlin?

mphtrilogy

If Coughlin gets fired or released by the Giants, would you consider him to run the whole show?

I think he could be the answer, as he did a great job with Jax, who has never been the same since he left.

And Although his last few years with the Giants have been uneventful, he is a Hall of Fame caliber coach with 2 SuperBowls, with tremendous organizational skills, who could add much needed stability to the from office and coaching staff.

I recognize he's old, but I would sign up for him for 5 years, and bringing in some good assistants and helping shape the front office for the next 5 years, then plan to move upstairs after his 5 year run.  He can coach until he's 72-73 and then hopefully we have an assistant on the team who is ready to take the job.

he seems to me that he still has the passion and would bring some much needed discipline to the organization.

just a thought.

I recognize he's old, but I would sign up for him for 5 years, and bringing in some good assistants and helping shape the front office for the next 5 years, then plan to move upstairs after his 5 year run. He can coach until he's 72-73 and then hopefully we have an assistant on the team who is ready to take the job.

he seems to me that he still has the passion and would bring some much needed discipline to the organization.

just a thought.

Based on seeing him stomp around muttering and waving his arms the last two seasons, it won't be long before he's walking around the Village in his bathrobe like Vinny Gigante

No way!!!  Age is a small factor but most importantly look at the Midgets, what is

attractive about that team that you want on the Jets???

- They've gotten significantly worse after spending HUGE $$$ in free agency

- Their drafts have been bad

- They haven't developed the talent on the back end of the roster

- They have no pass rush

- They haven't developed a OLine

- They have no recognizable strength on the whole team.  What do they do

well?

No way!!! Age is a small factor but most importantly look at the Midgets, what is

- They have no pass rush

- They have no recognizable strength on the whole team. What do they do

well?

+1

As bad as you think the Jets are right now, the Giants are worse.

If Coughlin gets fired or released by the Giants, would you consider him to run the whole show?

I think he could be the answer, as he did a great job with Jax, who has never been the same since he left.

And Although his last few years with the Giants have been uneventful, he is a Hall of Fame caliber coach with 2 SuperBowls, with tremendous organizational skills, who could add much needed stability to the from office and coaching staff.

Might as well just hire Wilfred Brimely

No way!!!  Age is a small factor but most importantly look at the Midgets, what is

- They have no pass rush

- They have no recognizable strength on the whole team.  What do they do

well?

This. And thank god you are posting on JN. 

If he'd be willing to come here I'd take him for sure and I'd be very happy w the decision. My first choice is Harbaugh though. And I'd take cowher or John Gruden over him too since they're both younger. But I am absolutely a believer in Coughlin and would be ecstatic if he came here. He would right the ship.

Archived