Fans To Throw Penalty Flag on Idzik Final Home Game

flgreen

There is a group of 30 (17 of us Jets fans, the rest Pats) of us going to the game- unfortunately none of us are in the Metro area and can't get to the bars to pick up towels. If you were to ship towels for the 17 Jets fans to Greenwich, CT- how much would it cost?

1 = $10

5 = $15

10 = $20

20 = $30

50 = $60

100 = $100

plus shipping

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a group of 30 (17 of us Jets fans, the rest Pats) of us going to the game- unfortunately none of us are in the Metro area and can't get to the bars to pick up towels. If you were to ship towels for the 17 Jets fans to Greenwich, CT- how much would it cost?

5 for $15 - 10 for $20 - 20 for $30 - 50 for $60 and 100 for $100

we are just trying to get the cost of the towels and packaging/shipping covered for the ones we have to ship. We don't have the infrastructure in place to ship hundreds (or thousands) of packages out… so we have to charge a nominal amount… our preference is for people to go to the bars with their tickets and take the free ones. 

I'm all for firing Idzik, but where's the mention of Ryan? Does "cleaning house" include him? If so, why is our most visible problem not prominently noted?

Because we are focused on management. Competent management will know what to do with the coaches and players. Rex is gone at the end of the year regardless. There is no reason to add him or any of the other coaches that need to go… or the players.

The list of names is endless… i'd like to add Axelrod and Bauer to the signs… Rex… Morningwheg… sooner or later you would run out of billboard space.. lol

First off, I love what you're doing against Idzik. It's great.

However, I am concerned that by your lack of messaging against Rex Ryan you're making it out as if he's innocent and deserves to stay.

Tell me I've got that wrong please.

SAR I

I'd love to see the following depicted on a towel, flag whatever: a big juicy toe licked foot kicking a Rex in a clown outfit with the message "The Agony of De-feet- Excess Rex"

1 = $10

5 = $15

10 = $20

20 = $30

50 = $60

100 = $100

plus shipping

I thought the "nominal cost" was for shipping. Now it appears that shipping is an add on for the "free" towels.

Could you kindly clarify, Mr Madoff?

I thought the "nominal cost" was for shipping. Now it appears that shipping is an add on for the "free" towels.

Could you kindly clarify, Mr Madoff?

I clarified - but I will again… We prefer people going to the bars and getting them for free. For us to ship, we need to pay people to package, label - there is a cost for packaging, tape, the cost of the towels..

They are free to people who are going to the game. Quite a few people want them who aren't going. All we ask is that they cover to COST of the towels, packaging, labor and envelopes/tape… And on that note - feel free to tell everybody how this is a "ponzi scheme".. lol… you are definitely persistent. 

we are just trying to get the cost of the towels and packaging/shipping covered for the ones we have to ship. We don't have the infrastructure in place to ship hundreds (or thousands) of packages out… so we have to charge a nominal amount… our preference is for people to go to the bars with their tickets and take the free ones. 

So they're not actually free for people with tickets. They're free for people with tickets who go to pick them up at the bars. Gotcha. We'll just enjoy the game then. Have fun. 

PS, I'm a former JI'er where I was viewed as 60%/40% homer and generally sided with the positive outlook of the team. However I've been vocally disturbed with Idzik since the draft- when many who didn't even know me started calling me a SOJF. Almost every move he's made since- including the Percy deal which reeked of desperation, has solidified my case further. So although I've never called for him to be fired, I agree with the general sentiment of what you're doing.

I clarified - but I will again… We prefer people going to the bars and getting them for free. For us to ship, we need to pay people to package, label - there is a cost for packaging, tape, the cost of the towels..

They are free to people who are going to the game. Quite a few people want them who aren't going. All we ask is that they cover to COST of the towels, packaging, labor and envelopes/tape… And on that note - feel free to tell everybody how this is a "ponzi scheme".. lol… you are definitely persistent.

Now I understand. I'll be using my tickets to get as many as possible at the sports bars and at the game and plan to throw as many as I acquire in the garbage and out of circulation

So they're not actually free for people with tickets. They're free for people with tickets who go to pick them up at the bars. Gotcha. We'll just enjoy the game then. Have fun. 

PS, I'm a former JI'er where I was viewed as 60%/40% homer and generally sided with the positive outlook of the team. However I've been vocally disturbed with Idzik since the draft- when many who didn't even know me started calling me a SOJF. Almost every move he's made since- including the Percy deal which reeked of desperation, has solidified my case further. So although I've never called for him to be fired, I agree with the general sentiment of what you're doing.

I want your group to have them in hand… email me at firejohnidzik@gmail.com… we will figure out a way to get you a bunch 

I think Sg3 and make me IdSick should ignore each other.

Actually I know they should.

Thanks guys

Common joe..it's all in good fun. We're having brewskis at FlagmanL11's tailgate before the Pats game. I'll try to add smileys to my posts from now on

We will post a list of bars that are distributing them as soon as the towels come in next week… where do you live?

Now you want to know where I live? What can of scam are you running? What's next, you will ask for my social security #?  Kidding....lol.

Just a little marketing tip, I am not sure I would run with the they are free line.  :)

Just a little marketing tip, I am not sure I would run with the they are free line.   :)

but they are free. We are donating hundreds of hours of our time… when we were sending shirts to everybody who donated for the billboards, we got completely overwhelmed with shipping. We are not a fulfillment center - so sending out that many packages took 5 days of no sleep.. We can't undertake that sort of mission again. There is no time for it. So we are asking that our supporters either go pick them up for free (we are setting up bars in Staten Island, 2 in Jersey, 2 in the city and 1 in Long Island - also working on Westchester Couny) or if they can't make it, they cover our costs. I think that is fair. People can't expect that we will not only pay for the towels, but the shipping and packaging - and pay for people to box them up… 

You do.. and so does anybody else who chooses to tell adults how to spend their hard earned money. What you find to be "stupid" others might not.

Why not go preach to the people on the beer line that their $12 beer would be better spent on homeless children. Or go out to any restaurant in America and preach to the people buying $53 steaks the same message. Maybe the sneaker store where people buy $100 Nikes instead of going to payless for a $15 pair.

People have the right to do WHATEVER they want with their money. Get off of your high horse.

Sick of Idzik, I know. I bet you're sick of this organization being a "circus", too, right? 

You're making it embarrassing to be a fan of a football team in ways an on-field performance cannot. You are making this organization back into the circus it used to be. You are also making all the fans seem like complete idiots. Congrats. 

Sick of Idzik, I know. I bet you're sick of this organization being a "circus", too, right? 

You're making it embarrassing to be a fan of a football team in ways an on-field performance cannot. You are making this organization back into the circus it used to be. You are also making all the fans seem like complete idiots. Congrats. 

that is your opinion. But in reality, we are showing the world that even in a lost season, Jets fans are among the most passionate fan base in all of sports. We are voicing our opinion. We didn't bring the circus to town - we are trying to send it on it's way.

The team is coached by Rex Freakin Ryan.  How is it already not a full on big top three-ring circus???  

You're missing the point, PT Barnum.

Used to be?

This is a 2-10 team that is still putting the worst QB in the NFL out there as their starter.

Your right, it's not a circus anymore, it's turned into a freak show. At least this is entertaining.

and as a side benefit it embarrass' Woody. I like it

Why not just give out in the parking lot?  Just post on social media the day before/morning of the game the tailgate location.  People can pick them up there.  Having to pay for a towel or make a special trip to a bar is too much of a pain in the ass.

that is your opinion. But in reality, we are showing the world that even in a lost season, Jets fans are among the most passionate fan base in all of sports. We are voicing our opinion. We didn't bring the circus to town - we are trying to send it on it's way.

Every losing team has billboards and throws flags on the field in protest. Right. 

The team is coached by Rex Freakin Ryan.  How is it already not a full on big top three-ring circus???  

You're missing the point, PT Barnum.

Has it not settled down since Idzik has arrived? Rex is the last piece of the circus (since you can't remove woody), and he's gone this year

but they are free. We are donating hundreds of hours of our time… when we were sending shirts to everybody who donated for the billboards, we got completely overwhelmed with shipping. We are not a fulfillment center - so sending out that many packages took 5 days of no sleep.. We can't undertake that sort of mission again. There is no time for it. So we are asking that our supporters either go pick them up for free (we are setting up bars in Staten Island, 2 in Jersey, 2 in the city and 1 in Long Island - also working on Westchester Couny) or if they can't make it, they cover our costs. I think that is fair. People can't expect that we will not only pay for the towels, but the shipping and packaging - and pay for people to box them up… 

I would say, You can pick them up for free at a bar. Or if you want they are available to purchase for a small fee on our website.

I don't think people expected them to be free. That wasn't the problem. :) 

Either way hopefully one of the bars is Redd's they get 8 million people there before the game. The stadium will be yellow.

Archived