Fans To Throw Penalty Flag on Idzik Final Home Game

flgreen

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tailgating Policies

• Tailgating will be permitted in the parking lots with the exception of the parking deck that is located next to the IZOD Center.
  • While tailgating is permitted in designated locations at specified times, any unauthorized commercial activity is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the law.  Individuals and companies are prohibited from selling access to a tailgate party to members of the general public either in advance of or on the day of an event.
  • Parking is on a first come first serve basis in the appropriately designated lots.
  • ONE CAR=ONE SPACE: Please be considerate of your fellow ticket holders. Tailgating will be limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of each vehicle. The blocking of the drive lane is prohibited. Tailgating is also permitted on the medians that separate the parking lots and the parking lots from the roadways. There will be strict enforcement of the one permit one parking space policy. See the Tailgating diagram above for the proper way to setup a tailgate.
  • You must keep all tables, chairs, coolers, barbeques, etc. within the parking stall of your party. Tents or canopies exceeding 8' x 8' footprint and vehicles measuring more than 18' in length and/or 8' in width are not permitted to park in a lined parking space.
  • The saving of parking spaces will not be permitted. Groups desiring to tailgate together should arrive together.
  • A ticket holder who may be in possession of more than one pre-paid parking permit will not be allowed to use adjacent spaces for tailgating. Lined parking spaces are for vehicles, not tailgate activities.
  • Drive aisles and fire lanes need to be kept clear at all times for free access of emergency vehicles.
  • Trucks, trailers and other oversized vehicles (not including buses) will be directed to park along the curbs in the parking lots so they do not take up additional lined parking spaces.
  • Trucks, trailers, buses and other oversized vehicles are not permitted to park in the enclosed structured parking deck on east side of the Sports Complex (next to the IZOD Center)
  • Any violation of the tailgating policies may result in the towing of the vehicle at the owner's expense.
  • Please drink responsibly during the pre-game since guests who appear to be impaired may not be permitted to enter the stadium.
  • Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment, provided guests do so only in the same space occupied by their vehicle. However, their use near buildings or in areas where guests or property may be damaged is strictly prohibited.
  • For those ticket holders who will be tailgating it is recommended that a minimum class 2A-10B:Cfire extinguisher be available for use if necessary.
  • Open fires are not permitted.
  • Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying is prohibited.
  • Sound systems must not produce sound in excess of 65 decibels (New Jersey State Ordinance).
  • Ticket holders that choose to ride the rail, bus, or just want to experience the tailgating atmosphere without the hassle of cooking and cleaning can take advantage of the special pre-game activity zones within the plazas adjacent to MetLife Stadium. A variety of foods, games, entertainment, and activities for adults and children will be available in the plaza areas.
  • Ticket holders should cross roadways at the designated crosswalks and should NOT walk on the active roadways that lead to and from the Sports Complex.
  • Drones, model aircraft, kites, any other remote controlled or tethered flying objects are not permitted

Carry-In Policy

Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:

• Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
  • Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members)
  • Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
  • Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched

All bags and other permissible items will be subject to multiple screenings prior to entering MetLife Stadium.

The following items are not permitted to be carried into MetLife Stadium:

• Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
  • Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests
  • Alcohol of any kind
  • Banners, signs or flags of any size
  • Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers, and balls of any kind including full-sized footballs
  • Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6"
  • Weapons, any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by Stadium management
  • Any animal with the exception of a service animal
  • Any other item deemed inappropriate by Stadium management

<p>

Tailgating Policies

• Tailgating will be permitted in the parking lots with the exception of the parking deck that is located next to the IZOD Center.
  • While tailgating is permitted in designated locations at specified times, any unauthorized commercial activity is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the law. Individuals and companies are prohibited from selling access to a tailgate party to members of the general public either in advance of or on the day of an event.
  • Parking is on a first come first serve basis in the appropriately designated lots.
  • ONE CAR=ONE SPACE: Please be considerate of your fellow ticket holders. Tailgating will be limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of each vehicle. The blocking of the drive lane is prohibited. Tailgating is also permitted on the medians that separate the parking lots and the parking lots from the roadways. There will be strict enforcement of the one permit one parking space policy. See the Tailgating diagram above for the proper way to setup a tailgate.
  • You must keep all tables, chairs, coolers, barbeques, etc. within the parking stall of your party. Tents or canopies exceeding 8' x 8' footprint and vehicles measuring more than 18' in length and/or 8' in width are not permitted to park in a lined parking space.
  • The saving of parking spaces will not be permitted. Groups desiring to tailgate together should arrive together.
  • A ticket holder who may be in possession of more than one pre-paid parking permit will not be allowed to use adjacent spaces for tailgating. Lined parking spaces are for vehicles, not tailgate activities.
  • Drive aisles and fire lanes need to be kept clear at all times for free access of emergency vehicles.
  • Trucks, trailers and other oversized vehicles (not including buses) will be directed to park along the curbs in the parking lots so they do not take up additional lined parking spaces.
  • Trucks, trailers, buses and other oversized vehicles are not permitted to park in the enclosed structured parking deck on east side of the Sports Complex (next to the IZOD Center)
  • Any violation of the tailgating policies may result in the towing of the vehicle at the owner's expense.
  • Please drink responsibly during the pre-game since guests who appear to be impaired may not be permitted to enter the stadium.
  • Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment, provided guests do so only in the same space occupied by their vehicle. However, their use near buildings or in areas where guests or property may be damaged is strictly prohibited.
  • For those ticket holders who will be tailgating it is recommended that a minimum class 2A-10B:Cfire extinguisher be available for use if necessary.
  • Open fires are not permitted.
  • Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying is prohibited.
  • Sound systems must not produce sound in excess of 65 decibels (New Jersey State Ordinance).
  • Ticket holders that choose to ride the rail, bus, or just want to experience the tailgating atmosphere without the hassle of cooking and cleaning can take advantage of the special pre-game activity zones within the plazas adjacent to MetLife Stadium. A variety of foods, games, entertainment, and activities for adults and children will be available in the plaza areas.
  • Ticket holders should cross roadways at the designated crosswalks and should NOT walk on the active roadways that lead to and from the Sports Complex.
  • Drones, model aircraft, kites, any other remote controlled or tethered flying objects are not permitted

Carry-In Policy

Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:

• Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
  • Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members)
  • Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
  • Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched

All bags and other permissible items will be subject to multiple screenings prior to entering MetLife Stadium.

The following items are not permitted to be carried into MetLife Stadium:

• Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
  • Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests
  • Alcohol of any kind
  • Banners, signs or flags of any size
  • Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers, and balls of any kind including full-sized footballs
  • Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6"
  • Weapons, any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by Stadium management
  • Any animal with the exception of a service animal
  • Any other item deemed inappropriate by Stadium management

Tldr. There is so much free space in the lot these days that They don't even bother you. Feed the security guy once in awhile and you're all set.

I honestly don't see why anyone is giving this guy a hard time. I think its a great idea, and if I were willing to go waste my time and money watching this pathetic team play then I would definitely wave one of these flags.

I agree.

Without this very public protest, I'd have to think that Woody would be inclined to stick to his half-assed status quo and see what happens. Just continue the train of demote Bradway, promote Tannenbaum. Fire Mangini, keep Tannenbaum. Fire Tannenbaum, keep Rex. Fire Rex, keep Idzik. Fire Idzik, keep ??

He doesn't know anything else. It's probably really scary for him because he knows he doesn't know the first thing about running a football team, and without holding onto one of his football people between regimes, he'd be completely lost. No way he fires Glat, for instance. The best we can hope for is Idzik and Rex going at the same time. Hopefully this little movement is enough to push Woody out of his comfort zone to clean house.

Did someone post the list of bars where these will be distributed? And/or, are they being handed out at the stadium? Lastly, are we supposed to wave them, or actually throw them onto the field?

Organizing something like this is not something I would ever do, and normally I'd mock such ideas. But the fact that you pulled off the billboard, plane, and whatever else is very impressive from organizational, focus, and follow through perspectives. So I applaud your efforts - very impressive! And I'll buy a flag and wave it at the game (though I may want to keep it as a souvenir if that is ok, or maybe I'll buy two).

lol @ security risk… Steelers fans who bring in yellow towels and wave them in Jets fans faces after scoring a touchdown is WAY more of a "security risk" than Jets fans who are peacefully protesting management. They aren't taking them away or else they face looking way worse than if they allow them in the building. The fact is - this protest is happening and there isn't anything that they can do to stop it.

Totally agree.

I honestly don't see why anyone is giving this guy a hard time. I think its a great idea, and if I were willing to go waste my time and money watching this pathetic team play then I would definitely wave one of these flags.

I'm with you. This is fun and hopefully helps get idzik fired.

They are definitely NOT supposed to be thrown on the field. We are not trying to do anything illegal with them. The whole point of the towel is that it is a protest within THEIR rules. If people throw them on the field , they risk getting thrown out, arrested and/or possibly losing their PSL. Definitely not what we wan.

The towel is 100% yours to keep.

The list of bars where they will be available will be posted on Wednesday - as soon as the towels are actually at the bars. We don't want to post it until they physically have them so that people do not get confused and go there this weekend.

If you want to purchase them (for a nominal fee) they are also available at firejohnidzik.myshopify.com

Thanks for the support! I will keep everybody updated.

it's coming mostly from "new" guys who are still pissed that "their" site was shut down and now they have to make a name for themselves as tough guys and hardasses all over again

They are definitely NOT supposed to be thrown on the field. We are not trying to do anything illegal with them. The whole point of the towel is that it is a protest within THEIR rules. If people throw them on the field , they risk getting thrown out, arrested and/or possibly losing their PSL. Definitely not what we wan.

The towel is 100% yours to keep.

The list of bars where they will be available will be posted on Wednesday - as soon as the towels are actually at the bars. We don't want to post it until they physically have them so that people do not get confused and go there this weekend.

If you want to purchase them (for a nominal fee) they are also available at firejohnidzik.myshopify.com

Thanks for the support! I will keep everybody updated.

Awesome. Thanks, man! If it helps you out I will buy a few. And I am happy we are not supposed to throw them. I am getting increasingly risk averse the older I get, and I paid a sh*t-ton of money for my seats and would hate to risk that. Plus the security guard where I enter for 135 knows me and I would feel bad breaking the rules on his watch. He's a good dude.

Thanks again for your efforts. Love the peaceful protest!

Awesome. Thanks, man! If it helps you out I will buy a few. And I am happy we are not supposed to throw them. I am getting increasingly risk averse the older I get, and I payed a sh*t-ton of money for my seats and would hate to risk that. Plus the security guard where I enter for 135 knows me and I would feel bad breaking the rules on his watch. He's a good dude.

That's one of my favorite parts of my season tickets, the guy knows me and has since the stadium opened. It gives me a little bit more leeway

Awesome. Thanks, man! If it helps you out I will buy a few. And I am happy we are not supposed to throw them. I am getting increasingly risk averse the older I get, and I payed a shit-ton of money for my seats and would hate to risk that. Plus the security guard where I enter for 135 knows me and I would feel bad breaking the rules on his watch. He's a good dude.

Awesome!

That's one of my favorite parts of my season tickets, the guy knows me and has since the stadium opened. It gives me a little bit more leeway

Yes definitely. Actually a few of the beer people know me now, too. One of these days I am hoping for a free beer. But I'm not holding my breath :)

and for anybody who wants to say we aren't making an impact - this thread has almost 2000 views (which is the most of any thread on the front page of this forum)… 

stop it

if idzik gets fired it wasn't because of you or "the founders"

stop it

if idzik gets fired it wasn't because of you or "the founders"

I wouldn't underestimate the impact these guys are having. They've helped make Idzik the centerpiece of the worst season around here since Mangini (rightfully so), and at this point Woody would need a reason to justify keeping him rather than a reason to justify firing him.

Good work, if you ask me.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact these guys are having. They've helped make Idzik the centerpiece of the worst season around here since Mangini (rightfully so), and at this point Woody would need a reason to justify keeping him rather than a reason to justify firing him.

Exactly how I feel.  I don't get the hate towards those guys.  They actually got off their asses and did something.

I'm 100% for a full restart, but anyone that thinks that there's any GM wizardry that turns this into a good team this year is lying to themselves.  With a better GM, maybe we suck less.  That's about it, unfortunately.

In order for that to be true, you would have to assume woody is otherwise unaware of the teams struggles.

I am no fan of woody, but even he knows Idzik has failed

yes, even without the billboard and towels

I'm 100% for a full restart, but anyone that thinks that there's any GM wizardry that turns this into a good team this year is lying to themselves.  With a better GM, maybe we suck less.  That's about it, unfortunately.

I don't know about that. Obviously, the QB is the biggest issue, but a #1 CB in free agency and a #1 WR in the draft (both doable, IMHO) would've had a significant impact. Instead he signed a CB who didn't make it to the regular season, and drafted three WRs who haven't caught a pass in the NFL. This guy didn't just miss, he missed catastrophically.

In order for that to be true, you would have to assume woody is otherwise unaware of the teams struggles.

I am no fan of woody, but even he knows Idzik has failed

yes, even without the billboard and towels

Woody has a disturbingly long history of half-assed regime changes. I really don't know that he fires Idzik without a significant media push to do so. Even with it, I don't know that he'll fire Idzik.

I don't know about that. Obviously, the QB is the biggest issue, but a #1 CB in free agency and a #1 WR in the draft (both doable, IMHO) would've had a significant impact. Instead he signed a CB who didn't make it to the regular season, and drafted three WRs who haven't caught a pass in the NFL. This guy didn't just miss, he missed catastrophically.

Indeed he did.  And that's why he's got to go.  But, I really don't think the addition of Revis and Odell Beckham, Jr. turns the tides to get us to a winning season.

Woody has a disturbingly long history of half-assed regime changes. I really don't know that he fires Idzik without a significant media push to do so. Even with it, I don't know that he'll fire Idzik.

Billionaires are funny.  He may keep idzik just to prove it's his toy and he can do what he wants

I think woody is a guy who relies on advisors.  I think he is weak minded.  I think he will call parcells or some other "trusted source" and ask him what to do.  Lets hope he gets the right answer

It won't be because of billboards or towels

Billionaires are funny.  He may keep idzik just to prove it's his toy and he can do what he wants

I think there's merit to this as well.  As much as this could be pressure on Woody it just as easily could push him to a position where he feels compelled to send the message that a bunch of crowd-sourcing dolts will not tell him how to run his team.

How about a mass mailing to Woody Johnsons house would an aggravated Jets fan spend .41 cents to mail him a letter telling him to clean house? 

I can provide the board with Woodys home address if the moderators will allow me to post it public information available on a property tax search. 

I think there's merit to this as well.  As much as this could be pressure on Woody it just as easily could push him to a position where he feels compelled to send the message that a bunch of crowd-sourcing dolts will not tell him how to run his team.

only the jets could find themselves in this position, lol

Neil Glatt was hired by the search firm before idzik, and may be the fall guy.  I read somewhere woody may shield himself from the idzik hire by firing Glatt.

We can only hope the new presidente cleans house and starts from scratch

How about a mass mailing to Woody Johnsons house would an aggravated Jets fan spend .41 cents to mail him a letter telling him to clean house? 

I can provide the board with Woodys home address if the moderators will allow me to post it public information available on a property tax search. 

No.

Woody Johnson doesn't have a clue. 

Right now he's being publicly humiliated. 

He knows he has to do something. 

In a (my) perfect world, the team would come out and play to a completely empty stadium.  They would play the game on TV with not a soul in the stands.

It would never happen.  But I can dream.  That would be the ultimate humiliation for/fuk you to Woody, which he deserves in spades.

Ok it is public information posted on a tax site I will abide by your wishes.

I understand that and if people want to spend their time to go and search for it that is fine by me. But we're not going to get into that game because it's a slippery slope and I know I wouldn't want mine and I'm sure you wouldn't want yours posted on JetNation. 

Archived