Fans To Throw Penalty Flag on Idzik Final Home Game

flgreen

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just give out in the parking lot?  Just post on social media the day before/morning of the game the tailgate location.  People can pick them up there.  Having to pay for a towel or make a special trip to a bar is too much of a pain in the ass.

I would guess the answer is they don't make any money that way.  this isn't a pissed off fan.  a pissed off fan gets drunk and starts the

FI-RE  IDZ-IK chant

these guys are playing an angle

Supply and demand theres a lot of unhappy Jets fans many won't admit it because they didn't start the revolt the way these guys did. Commend them for doing what they are doing if you dont want to participate dont. No one can deny the fact the Jets stink have done so since 1969 45 years and counting....... Its about time someone called them out! 

I have a question. 

You have said previously that this isn't the first time your group has organized efforts like this. 

Are you even Jets fans or did you see an opening for an effort and jump on it?

It doesn't matter to me either way, I was just wondering. 

so what happens when security confiscates the towels at the gate ?  it's possible

Towels are on the allowed items list, that was the point. Of course, they could always change the rules, but I don't think that would go over very well, either.

In the last home game of a lost season, a number of Jets fans will have a reason to show up.

The anonymous group responsible for hiring a plane which flew over the Jets’ practice facility calling for John Idzik to be fired, in coordination with the creators of FireJohnIdzik.com, will attempt to embarrass the general manager even further by handing out thousands of rally towels for fans to bring to the game against the Patriots on Dec. 21, calling for his termination.

Modal Triggerflag.jpg?w=300

These fire John Idzik flags will be handed out at the Jets final home game.Photo: FIREJOHNIDZIK.com

The towels — directed to owner Woody Johnson but also calling out team president Neil Glat and scouting director Terry Bradway — read: “Attention Woody, Fire Glat! Fire Bradway! Fire Idzik! Clean House!”

The “penalty flags” are being used since banners are banned in MetLife Stadium, with 10,000 being distributed for free to Jets fans with tickets to the game at sports bars across the New York City metro area.

After being mocked last year for calling the Jets’ 2013 rookie class worthy of an “A-plus” grade, coach Rex Ryan playfully and purposefully avoided another headline, as well as another opportunity to be ridiculed when asked about this year’s rookies.

“It’s incomplete,” Ryan said about this year’s rookies’ report card. “That’s cheap and it’s easy to say, but after the rip job that I get for saying A-plus when we had five starters, including the defensive rookie of the year, I guess I was the only one that could see that, so I’m going to say incomplete.”

Following safety Calvin Pryor’s demotion and an injury to tight end Jace Amaro, none of the Jets’ 12 draft picks from this year started in Monday’s loss to the Dolphins, but Ryan said he still sees great potential in the class.

“The draft’s not perfect. It’s never going to be perfect,” Ryan said. “When you had 12 picks, we took some shots on guys to see where they were, but for the most part, yeah, I’m happy with our draft, no question.”

The above was a paid political announcement from the promotions director of "the cause"

No politics and it wasn't nobody pays me I thought you quit posting about all this? 

Im just a real fan who is fed up with the Jets organization and not winning a Super Bowl since 1969. 

How about you? 

As a lifelong Jet fan I for one support what these guys are doing. The towel, based on what I've read so far is indeed free if you go pick it up. the idea is to bring it to the game and let Robert woody know we as mad as he'll and not gonna take it anymore. I don't see how this is an embarrassing move, it's not like we signed Tebow again. The team is a joke as it is and things need to change....it's no accident that the NFL stepped in after the vaGiant fans burned tickets in the lot of the stadium back in the day. So if this gets the attention of anyone and things change how is it bad? And if nothing changes ...... What's the negative here. I'm starting to think that perhaps some people are twisting onions just because. There is always strength in numbers unless you are one of 53 with a Jet logo on the side of yer head.

The next step is don't show up at games, don't buy jerseys etc.......

Good luck with the towel campaign ! It can't hurt

As a lifelong Jet fan I for one support what these guys are doing. The towel, based on what I've read so far is indeed free if you go pick it up. the idea is to bring it to the game and let Robert woody know we as mad as he'll and not gonna take it anymore. I don't see how this is an embarrassing move, it's not like we signed Tebow again. The team is a joke as it is and things need to change....it's no accident that the NFL stepped in after the vaGiant fans burned tickets in the lot of the stadium back in the day. So if this gets the attention of anyone and things change how is it bad? And if nothing changes ...... What's the negative here. I'm starting to think that perhaps some people are twisting onions just because. There is always strength in numbers unless you are one of 53 with a Jet logo on the side of yer head.

The next step is don't show up at games, don't buy jerseys etc.......

Good luck with the towel campaign ! It can't hurt

Great post I knew you had it in you. Welcome to the forum. 

Towels are on the allowed items list, that was the point. Of course, they could always change the rules, but I don't think that would go over very well, either.

a towel to stay dry is allowed.  towels with language detrimental to the team ?  they could grab those on grounds they pose a security risk.  not saying I support that, just that its possible

I have a question. 

You have said previously that this isn't the first time your group has organized efforts like this. 

holy sh*t I called it.  this is a business

****in frauds

a towel to stay dry is allowed.  towels with language detrimental to the team ?  they could grab those on grounds they pose a security risk.  not saying I support that, just that its possible

holy sh*t I called it.  this is a business

****in frauds

Im not saying that, but based on a previous post it just had me wondering. 

The bolded portion struck a weird chord. 

Interviewing with Mehta is 100% against what our agenda is… we are getting plenty of press without him. We only work with writers like Brian Costello and Kristian Dyer (to name a few) who respectfully report on the Jets. Guys like Mehta and Cimini have a huge reach - but we don't want that type of press. 

Television would be great for our cause and we were asked to be interviewed for a major network pre game show that i don't want to mention by name.. we turned them down because we want this mission to remain faceless and anonymous. It is more powerful that way. Again, this isn't about the founders.. this is about the thousands of people that we represent. We are more than capable of spreading that message over radio, internet, newspaper & social media and stick to our original plan. 

Obviously we aren't amateurs.. We know how to run a campaign like this and it is impossible to deny that with minimal donations from people across the country, we were able to make a SIGNIFICANT impact. The only thing left is to see how tone deaf Woody Johnson is. If he listens to us and does the right thing and shows that he cares, good for him. If he doesn't, it will prove to be a HUGE mistake for both his franchise and his legacy as a Jets owner. We will organize 2015 boycotts & move forward with our mission. 

I would guess the answer is they don't make any money that way.  this isn't a pissed off fan.  a pissed off fan gets drunk and starts the

FI-RE  IDZ-IK chant

these guys are playing an angle

Absurd post that I don't even know why I am responding to it… however.. there is no money being made here. We are GIVING AWAY 10,000 towels to people who are going to the game… so what is the angle? Let's hear your best conspiracy theory… If we are successful in our mission - the guy gets fired and we are "out of business"…. we would be the dumbest business in the history of businesses to write a business plan whose sole intention was to shut our doors. 

I have a question. 

I never said anything like that and that is a complete twisting of my words. I work in marketing and communications. Clearly I am not bad at what I do for a living and my connections made it possible to take this story to the levels it reached… I have never done anything like this for any other sports team. I probably should since I am also a Mets and Knicks fan - but I think that the 4 of us will lose our wives and girlfriends if we ever do this again. This has been a MASSIVE distraction from my real job but it is something that I started and plan on seeing all the way through.  

I understand why some are skeptical - but at the end of the day, show me one person who got behind our cause and supported what we are doing that feels like they didn't get their money's worth. We promised 1 billboard and delivered 4. We stayed up 5 nights in a row boxing and shipping t-shirts all over the country. We donated HUNDREDS of hours of our time, a ton of money and lent our expertise to a cause that we all though was well worth it. And at the end of the day, we have nothing but our love of this team that we all grew up watching together and have seen turn in to a giant piece of billionaire turd under the current regime.

We have 5 PSL's in the Chase Club. $75,000 total. We didn't finance those. And we are prepared to walk away from that money next year if Idzik and his front office team of losers is back. And if you want to argue otherwise, provide some evidence other than wild speculation and conspiracy theories that are completely unfounded. We have been an open book from day one and have outperformed our promises 10000x over. 

and for anybody who wants to say we aren't making an impact - this thread has almost 2000 views (which is the most of any thread on the front page of this forum)… our social media pages get over 40,000 unique hits a day… our website traffic is off the charts… we have billboards up on 2 of the most heavily travelled highways in America. We get articles almost daily in every NYC Metro area newspaper, website, etc.. Our reach is global. We get emails from London, Switzerland, Mexico, Canada… The only thing we haven't done is any television and that is because we have turned down every offer we have gotten INCLUDING a major network pre game show. 

So what I find hilarious is that if we put ourselves in front of cameras, we are media whores… If we don't, we are internet cowards who hide… If people spend their hard earned money to support us, they should be donating it. If we donate money, it isn't enough.

There is nothing we can possibly do to satisfy all of the haters. So we just brush it off and laugh at them. But I come here out of respect to fellow Jets fans to try and answer all of your questions.. that is the best I can do. If it isn't enough, oh well.

Absurd post that I don't even know why I am responding to it… however.. there is no money being made here. We are GIVING AWAY 10,000 towels to people who are going to the game… so what is the angle? Let's hear your best conspiracy theory… If we are successful in our mission - the guy gets fired and we are "out of business"…. we would be the dumbest business in the history of businesses to write a business plan whose sole intention was to shut our doors. 

I never said anything like that and that is a complete twisting of my words. I work in marketing and communications. Clearly I am not bad at what I do for a living and my connections made it possible to take this story to the levels it reached… I have never done anything like this for any other sports team. I probably should since I am also a Mets and Knicks fan - but I think that the 4 of us will lose our wives and girlfriends if we ever do this again. This has been a MASSIVE distraction from my real job but it is something that I started and plan on seeing all the way through.  

I understand why some are skeptical - but at the end of the day, show me one person who got behind our cause and supported what we are doing that feels like they didn't get their money's worth. We promised 1 billboard and delivered 4. We stayed up 5 nights in a row boxing and shipping t-shirts all over the country. We donated HUNDREDS of hours of our time, a ton of money and lent our expertise to a cause that we all though was well worth it. And at the end of the day, we have nothing but our love of this team that we all grew up watching together and have seen turn in to a giant piece of billionaire turd under the current regime.

We have 5 PSL's in the Chase Club. $75,000 total. We didn't finance those. And we are prepared to walk away from that money next year if Idzik and his front office team of losers is back. And if you want to argue otherwise, provide some evidence other than wild speculation and conspiracy theories that are completely unfounded. We have been an open book from day one and have outperformed our promises 10000x over. 

I appreciate the honest answer. There was no intention of twisting words. Like i said above, I saw the post, which I quoted and it made me wonder. 

I appreciate the honest answer. There was no intention of twisting words. Like i said above, I saw the post, which I quoted and it made me wonder. 

No worries.. I understand how people look at these things. I just think it is important to answer all questions as respectfully as possible and be honest about our intentions. Even though not everybody is supporting our cause, 99% of people respect what we are doing. The other 1% is a vocal, silly bunch - but I still answer their questions. 

Stuff them in your pants or line your underwear with them, where theres a will theres a way. Towel on Jets fans!

lol @ security risk… Steelers fans who bring in yellow towels and wave them in Jets fans faces after scoring a touchdown is WAY more of a "security risk" than Jets fans who are peacefully protesting management. They aren't taking them away or else they face looking way worse than if they allow them in the building. The fact is - this protest is happening and there isn't anything that they can do to stop it. 

Not many people are going to go to a bar, present their Jets tickets to get a towel.

Don't think you'll see many of them at the game. they will become bar novelties.

Only way to do this if serious, is to go to the stadium and hand them out there.

Great idea, poor execution

We will post a list of bars that are distributing them as soon as the towels come in next week… where do you live?

Just a heads up for someone who is in the ecommerce space and handles shipping. If I were doing what you were doing, and really wanted to be transparent about it being free while trying to ship towels, I would simply use the US Postal Service flat rate shipping. You pay one price for a given parcel size no matter the weight or where it goes. You can even order the boxes for free from them and they will drop them off at your house. Everyone knows what the flat fee is, you just pass that fee along, which will be cheaper than you are charging, and you have no cost for boxes. Just an fyi.

Just a heads up for someone who is in the ecommerce space and handles shipping. If I were doing what you were doing, and really wanted to be transparent about it being free while trying to ship towels, I would simply use the US Postal Service flat rate shipping. You pay one price for a given parcel size no matter the weight or where it goes. You can even order the boxes for free from them and they will drop them off at your house. Everyone knows what the flat fee is, you just pass that fee along, which will be cheaper than you are charging, and you have no cost for boxes. Just an fyi.

People who want to support what we are doing and get a free towel can go to one of our distribution locations. That is our preference.

People who don't want to leave their house and have the convenience of having them shipped directly to them - and people who aren't going to the game who want to buy a towel to help support the movement - can pay the cost of the towel and all associated costs of shipping. We are not a fulfillment center and we do not have the infrastructure in place to handle getting thousands of packages out.

The towels cost anywhere from $1-$3 each depending on how many they purchase from the website. Anybody who thinks we are making money on that is ridiculous. Especially when you consider how many we are handing out for free.

People who want to support what we are doing and get a free towel can go to one of our distribution locations. That is our preference.

People who don't want to leave their house and have the convenience of having them shipped directly to them - and people who aren't going to the game who want to buy a towel to help support the movement - can pay the cost of the towel and all associated costs of shipping. We are not a fulfillment center and we do not have the infrastructure in place to handle getting thousands of packages out.

The towels cost anywhere from $1-$3 each depending on how many they purchase from the website. Anybody who thinks we are making money on that is ridiculous. Especially when you consider how many we are handing out for free.

I know the schtick, just was offering a friendly suggestion on how you could cut shipping costs for everyone, yourself included, that was all.

Schtick?

Here is my new rule bc this is getting tiring... I am here to answer questions out of respect to Jets fans. I have explained in detail our finances over and over so that subject is now off limits and I will no longer be talking about it because I don't know what else I can possibly say. We have delivered 100% of everything we said we would do and then some. We donated over $1000 to cancer research. We put up 4 billboards when we promised 1. And we are trying to GIVE AWAY FREE TOWELS. It is absurd that you think we should offer to ship out thousands of towels for the price of flat rate shipping. We would get flooded with thousands of orders and we wouldnt be able to deliver. WE DO NOT WANT TO SHIP THEM BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THE MANPOWER OR INFRASTRUCTURE TO DO THAT. For the convenience of getting it shipped, people pay a nominal fee to cover our costs.

Read it. Let it sink in. And then please stop with your advice.

And by the way, Joe... Don't you charge like $80 for people to eat and drink at your tailgate? You are preaching to me?

I went once.... It was decent... I tailgate right next to you in E lot nowadays and that same $80 feeds about 10 of us.

1) maybe you are misinterpreting a friendly suggestion as some form of attack, take it easy.

2) 80? nope, not even close, never have had a donation anywhere near that number.

If i misunderstood your tone, I apologize. I am exhausted and trying so hard to be as patient as possible with a small vocal number of people constantly calling us crooks... If you were not implying that, my bad...

I am pretty sure i paid $65 or something like that for walk up... It was 2 years ago, i think... And I take back what I said about your food being "decent"... Great sliders and you had some sort of buffalo chicken sausage if i remember correctly.

I will stop by your tailgate before the game and give your whole party a bunch of towels

If i misunderstood your tone, I apologize. I am exhausted and trying so hard to be as patient as possible with a small vocal number of people constantly calling us crooks... If you were not implying that, my bad...

I am pretty sure i paid $65 or something like that for walk up... It was 2 years ago, i think... And I take back what I said about your food being "decent"... Great sliders and you had some sort of buffalo chicken sausage if i remember correctly.

I will stop by your tailgate before the game and give your tailgate a bunch of towels

Like I said, a suggestion from someone who does ecommerce and shipping/fulfillment on a way to cut costs for everyone, yourself included, that was it.

And nope, not even $65. I don't ever recall serving a buffalo chicken sausage, and I am extremely anti burger slider! Regardless, no donation at those levels.

No offense, but I'd rather not partake of the towels. You have the right to do your thing and voice your feelings and express your fandom the way you see fit, and I am not bad mouthing it or looking down on it, but I avoid conflict and just want to foster a positive Jets fanclub experience with what I do. Just how I run my thing. We all bleed green, sometimes some of us just show our fandom a little differently is all.

Archived