Raiders won.

Greenseed4

No, all 3 of JAX, TEN, and TB would draft ahead of us due to strength of schedule, while we would draft ahead of Oakland (assuming everyone has the same record).

Right now we draft #4:

1-3: TB, TEN, JAX (not sure in what order)

4: NYJ

5: OAK

I changed the original post.  ESPN and NFL.com were reporting two different standings.  According to the tie-breaking rules (which is based on SOS) you are correct in that Oakland dropped from #1 to #5 just behind us.  The remaining teams, according to SOS are:

Tampa Bay (.458)

Jacksonville (.545)

Tennessee (.545)

Jets (.583)

Oakland (.590)

I still want to see Jacksonville and Tennessee tie.  That would move us to the #2 spot. 

I changed the original post.  ESPN and NFL.com were reporting two different standings.  According to the tie-breaking rules (which is based on SOS) you are correct in that Oakland dropped from #1 to #5 just behind us.  The remaining teams, according to SOS are:

Tampa Bay (.458)

Jacksonville (.545)

Tennessee (.545)

Jets (.583)

Oakland (.590)

I still want to see Jacksonville and Tennessee tie.  That would move us to the #2 spot. 

We'd still have to lose out though. If we beat TEN next week, this is all moot. If we lose to TEN, and then JAX beats TEN the following week, we'd jump to #2 behind TB. TB plays the Panthers next week (which is a winnable game for them), then the Packers and Saints.

With Tampa and Tennessee in full tank mode, we are screwed. Tampa needs a QB as bad as we do. Nothing short of multiple #1s, and Wilkinson or Richardson.

We can thank Marvin Lewis for that illegal challenge last week.

At this point, I'd be okay with drafting the highest rated OT.  

As good as Cooper might be, I'd be fine with drafting Dorial Green-Beckham at the top of the second, and assigning him a Dezian-type entourage to keep his nose clean.  

Hopefully the next GM fills all the holes with at least competent starters before the draft so the Jets can pick best available every round.

Cooper at 4 would be great. He's going to be a great wide out. Unfortunately though, I don't see any way that the Jets lose to the Titans next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets blow the Titans out. They're that bad.

I'm liking our chances at Coops. trying to think what we could do about qb. Please no RGiii

I'm liking our chances at Coops. trying to think what we could do about qb. Please no RGiii

I think signing a Brian Hoyer/Sam Bradford and then drafting Bryce Petty/Brett Hundley in round 2 could work if Cooper is the pick in round 1.

Hoyer/Bradford may be the best the Jets could do unless they are looking to trade for Kirk Cousins or somebody like that. Maybe even take a look at Ryan Mallett, I'm pretty sure he's a free agent and he looked alright in Houston before his injury.

FYI, for everyone thinking the Jets will blow out TEN next week, betting odds just came out and it's a -110 pick 'em for either team.

Thinking of throwing some $ on the Jets - either we win and I win some $, or we lose and improve our draft position…win-win.

In my opinion it might be the safest bet of the week. Can't see the Jets losing this one.

Titans are in total tank mode,   they started a QB today that couldn't throw more than 20 yards cause of a shoulder injury and now his shoulder is really Fd up. They ran the ball 80% of the time after they were 3 TDs down vs NYG  they held Kendall Wright out of the game with a bs wrist injury

Jets are a total lock next week

Titans are in total tank mode,   they started a QB today that couldn't throw more than 20 yards cause of a shoulder injury and now his shoulder is really Fd up. They ran the ball 80% of the time after they were 3 TDs down vs NYG  they held Kendall Wright out of the game with a bs wrist injury

Jets are a total lock next week

Absolutely. Tennessee is probably the worst team in football this season. They're virtually uncompetitive with everybody

Jets will beat Tennessee. They're tanking, so are the Bucs. Get used to being in the 3-5 range.

Yes if both TB, and Tenn lose out we will miss out on both Mariota, and Winston. I'm on record saying both will be franchise guys if coached, and handled properly.

I'm wondering if anyone actually wants to win the NFC South ... the winner will draft 21st as thing stand, but the second place team will draft 8th. That's one hell of a change in return for getting blown out at home in the wild card round.

Archived