Lupica: Rich Kotite comes to mind when thinking of Doug Marrone

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He beat the crappy Jets twice to push him over .500 once and since when is Syracuse an NFL credential?

Marrone was 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, and 8-5 to finish 25-25 in Syracuse.

Some of you are sugarcoating everything Marrone does and bashing Lupica before he opens his mouth.

Right.  Your post actually proves my point with a modicum of actual research.  Marrone was 25-25 in four years.  Greg Robinson, in the four previous seasons, was 10-37.  Shafer is 10-15 in the last two seasons.  Marrone took 'cuse to two bowl games (Pinstripe) and won them.  He took over a Buffalo team that had 1 winning season in 14 years and beat the crap out of us twice, finishing with a winning record despite having no answer at Quarterback.  He can coach my team any day.

Minus TWO AFCC TRIP and with Favre at QB.  :Banane43: 

In your deep abiding love of Rex Ryan, surprised you haven't shorted out your electronic devices with the Niagara of  uncontrollable tears of your sadness upon your beloved's departure soaking your keyboards. 

If we're going ifs and buts, things might be very different had Favre's elbow not turned to jello from overtexting Jen Sterger. 

In your deep abiding love of Rex Ryan, surprised you haven't shorted out your electronic devices with the Niagara of  uncontrollable tears of your sadness upon your beloved's departure soaking your keyboards. 

If we're going ifs and buts, things might be very different had Favre's elbow not turned to jello from overtexting Jen Sterger. 

I like facts better than innuendo.  :winking0001: 

I like facts better than innuendo.  :winking0001: 

I agree. 4-12, zero division championships, zero home playoff games, 4 years without a playoff berth, 6 years without a credible offense nor QB.  Let's stick to facts.

I agree. 4-12, zero division championships, zero home playoff games, 4 years without a playoff berth, 6 years without a credible offense nor QB. Let's stick to facts.

People in denial get very angry and lash out when confronted with the truth. Be careful lol

I agree. 4-12, zero division championships, zero home playoff games, 4 years without a playoff berth, 6 years without a credible offense nor QB. Let's stick to facts.

Two AFFC trip, twice the amount of any other Jets coaches. Only two losing seasons out of six with mediocrity at the QB position. He fielded a competitive team this year while having to play a six round safety and a career backup at CB and starting David Nelson at WR.

Two AFFC trip, twice the amount of any other Jets coaches. Only two losing seasons out of six with mediocrity at the QB position. He fielded a competitive team this year while having to play a six round safety and a career backup at CB and starting David Nelson at WR.

4-12 is competitive? As to mediocrity at QB, did he do anything to change that for the better in 6 years? Which is the core issue. All he care about is defense. And didn't cut it here, it won't get him any coaching job and time soon.

4-12 is competitive? As to mediocrity at QB, did he do anything to change that for the better in 6 years? Which is the core issue. All he care about is defense. And didn't cut it here, it won't get him any coaching job and time soon.

So, nothing about the two afcc trip, only two losing seasons out of six, the most playoff win by any jets coach. Those facts most be killing you inside, no?

Right.  Your post actually proves my point with a modicum of actual research.  Marrone was 25-25 in four years.  Greg Robinson, in the four previous seasons, was 10-37.  Shafer is 10-15 in the last two seasons.  Marrone took 'cuse to two bowl games (Pinstripe) and won them.  He took over a Buffalo team that had 1 winning season in 14 years and beat the crap out of us twice, finishing with a winning record despite having no answer at Quarterback.  He can coach my team any day

No, you think you have a point but you actually made mine for me. 

You're using coaches who did worse than Marrone at Syracuse to portray him as some kind of hero.

But 25-25 is what it is. Mediocrity is nothing to rave about but you're sugarcoating .500.

Next, Marrone's Bills beat the 1-6 Jets and the 2-8 Jets. They reached 9-7 with our help and you're sugarcoating one win over .500 as a major achievement.

Critics are right when they say it's absurd that Marrone is suddenly the next Vince Lombardi.

BTW, Bills were 9-7 in 2004, not 14 years ago. 

I like Marrone because you keep hearing the words "tough," "smart," "detail oriented," and "accountability" tied to him. We haven't had any of that around here in forever.

That's a lot better than "dumb" "reckless" and "irresponsible".

Mangini's attitude combined with the no balls approach of Herman Edwards?

I know Marrone will get the job because it's like someone Frankensteined him together in a lab to be the perfect Same Ol Jets coach.

lol

I think it works. This Jets job is such a ****fest because of the owner and media that's it's almost be unfair to subject a rookie HC to it. I think Marrone might have the experience and temperament to handle it, especially if he comes with one of the big GM candidates. That said, any of these hires could explode in our faces.

lol

I think it works. This Jets job is such a ****fest because of the owner and media that's it's almost be unfair to subject a rookie HC to it. I think Marrone might have the experience and temperament to handle it, especially if he comes with one of the big GM candidates. That said, any of these hires could explode in our faces.

Don't forget the irrational and impatient fan base.

plus, the reports about his thin skin and one of the reasons he left the Bills was because he and family thought the media and fan base was unfair to him..

Archived