NFL fan universe outrage over DET/DAL officiating...

Integrity28

Yes, I did.  "Seriously, these are things you'll routinely see happening to favor the Patriots every week."

How are you not whining?

Read the rest of my comments in the thread, you twat. I'm one of the only Jets fans who ever applauds the Patriots for running the penalty gambit. 

All I'm doing in this thread is pointing out how much worst the whining around the league will get after they see it in a playoff game.

He was a game manager. They haven't won sh*t since they asked him to be Peyton Manning.

They won Super Bowls because of their defense and the fact Brady didn't make mistakes.

They stopped winning when they sent Vinatieri packing. He went to Indy and helped them get over the schnide and get their ring. He alone has 4 rings by exploiting that rivalry.

He was a game manager. They haven't won sh*t since they asked him to be Peyton Manning.

They won Super Bowls because of their defense and the fact Brady didn't make mistakes.

No lol, they went 16-0 and were a dropped INT and helmet catch away from 19-0 and the greatest season in NFL history.  They've been every bit as dominant now as they were before, just haven't won the SB. 

I like Detroit. Even had season tix for 3 years.

Heres' the thing:  The officials didn't shank that punt in a crucial part of the game.  Detroit's special teams have cost them many games over the years.  Their kicker misses so many 40-yarders that they go for it on 4th, just to keep him on the sidelines.

Yes the no-calls hurt, but I saw one that favored Detroit so it might have gone both ways a bit.

Yeah, I'm with you. I didn't start the thread to talk about whether the penalties dictated the outcome, it was mostly to point and laugh at 1.) the league-wide whining about Dallas "getting help" and the inevitable fact that the Patriots will have calls go their way and the world will whine into bolivion!!!

No lol, they went 16-0 and were a dropped INT and helmet catch away from 19-0 and the greatest season in NFL history.  They've been every bit as dominant now as they were before, just haven't won the SB. 

This is the long and the short of it.

This is the long and the short of it.

As we all know, anything can happen in a single game. Most of the ideas of "big game" QB's have been fairly well debunked (although, Montana would seem to fit the bill),

imo, if the SB were a best of 7 like world series or NBA title.. The Pats lose against the Rams in 01 and beat the Giants in 07. It's all about maximizing opportunities to come out on top on a single Sunday, which the Patriots have done, getting to 2 more SB's and I think 4 more championship games.

This is why the QB is so important, it's pretty much the only way to achieve sustained success, host home playoff games and maximize your chances at winning the big one.

As we all know, anything can happen in a single game. Most of the ideas of "big game" QB's have been fairly well debunked (although, Montana would seem to fit the bill),

imo, if the SB were a best of 7 like world series or NBA title.. The Pats lose against the Rams in 01 and beat the Giants in 07. It's all about maximizing opportunities to come out on top on a single Sunday, which the Patriots have done, getting to 2 more SB's and I think 4 more championship games.

This is why the QB is so important, it's pretty much the only way to achieve sustained success, host home playoff games and maximize your chances at winning the big one.

I totally agree.

If the SB was a 7 game series, the Rams probably win in 5 games. Pats beat the Panthers in 6. Pats beat the Giants in 5. 

We need a QB.

No lol, they went 16-0 and were a dropped INT and helmet catch away from 19-0 and the greatest season in NFL history. They've been every bit as dominant now as they were before, just haven't won the SB.

I never said that weren't dominant now. They have not won a SB since the chains were taken off Brady, however.

I never said that weren't dominant now. They have not won a SB since the chains were taken off Brady, however.

The fact that they haven't won one is an effect of randomness involved with playing a single game, not an indictment of their overall level of play. In fact, the only year they weren't top 5 in DVOA since 2006 was the Matt Cassel Year, they also posted the 2 highest DVOA totals that I can find going back to the mid 90's, with the next nearest being GB's 42 in 1996.

You could argue they've actually been better.

52.9 in 2007

44.6 in 2010

Read the rest of my comments in the thread, you twat. I'm one of the only Jets fans who ever applauds the Patriots for running the penalty gambit. 

All I'm doing in this thread is pointing out how much worst the whining around the league will get after they see it in a playoff game.

ain-amp-039-t-nobody-got-time-for-that_o

a friend just called and told me he was listening to Malussis on the fan before 6 AM and heard a great call describing Fat Pantload Christie and Jerry dancing in the owners box as reminiscent of Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton doing the "Huck a Buck"

Every close game I watched all year was decided one way or another by atrocious officiating...why should this be different .

people treat the NFL like it's life and death. it's entertainment. the league can sell an ICE Bowl part II better than it can sell a dome team getting beat like a drum outside. It's that simple. 

Archived