A note on personal attacks

Maxman

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Pats fan on a Jets message board, every night I cry myself to sleep because of all the abuse and personal attacks I have to endure as a long-time poster on the board.

Thank you Max for this thread!

Could it be because your an opportunistic clown?

It seems like every offseason we need a refresher course on how to discuss things here. We understand that things get heated. We understand that these debates can be intense at times. That is good, we are Jets fans after all. Passion is our middle name.

What is not okay are all the personal attacks we have seen here. JetNation has been around 10 years next month. What we won't tolerate, and never have, are personal attacks. Name calling, cursing and insulting each other that isn't allowed here. We don't have many rules, all you have to do is not launch any personal attacks and avoid political talk and we are good to go in most cases.

We pride ourselves on not being ban happy. We welcome all opinions. We want the same thing, that is to see the Jets win the Super Bowl. Unfortunately there is too much fighting going on right now. So we will have to ban people if the personal attacks continue. Please think before you hit submit.  If you aren't getting along with someone, just go into your USER CP and place that user on IGNORE. That essentially blocks them from your view.

Thanks and go Jets.

I don't see the point of attacking someone personally for making a point.  It is immature and really show how childish and classless these posters are. They could not put together their arguments. it is always attacking the messenger, when feel defeated.  

Thanks Max for doing everything possible to avoid this great Jets forum turn into a zoo.  Keep it up.  :winking0001:

I'm taking this to arbitration. I don't think I've been IP banned from scout yet.

They would welcome you with open arms. I don't want you to go there, that's not what I am suggesting. Just saying they would be happy to have you. As are we, lol.

Does this attack count?

@DHx34 I hope you break your fucking leg and its career ending, you’re no representation of Kentucky IMO anymore #BBN

— Pastor Alan James (@PastorAlanJames) January 9, 2015

Damien Harris was #2 RB in country and chose Tide.  If there are Pastors like this in the world... we are all doomed

Yes, this is a very good example of political \ religious stuff that we don't want you to post here.

Tex said that on JI one day and Jumba woke up with a hangover.. We didn't see Tex for awhile..LOL

LOL I think T Mac banned sar for telling somebody his mom wore army boots or some sh*t. he never ****ed around with the trigger.

They would welcome you with open arms. I don't want you to go there, that's not what I am suggesting. Just saying they would be happy to have you. As are we, lol.

LOL!

Not really I may be sundowning..LOL

http://forums.jetnation.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats

You are JN's top poster of the day and just broke 100 posts today. NOW, do you know what you just won? please see Max for further details!

Terms and conditions

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Jetnation or their corporate officer in any way. I can amend this agreement as I see fit at any time.

Okay. So let's try this again.

I just deleted about 8 posts. Some of you are going for funny. But you are missing the mark. By a wide margin.  There are plenty of threads to joke around in, there is no room for error to make a personal attack joke and attack another poster, in this thread.

Archived