2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok the question can become do you rest guys or go and try to get home field vs. Dodgers

Rest guys as needed

With the exception of 3 at home with the Pinstripers and 3 at home with the Gnats long after the clinching, the rest of the sked are bottom dwellers playing out the string

We are only 1/2 game behind and can pass them with guys resting IMO

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I think if the Mets are able to get home field, Collins should go with Thor for the second game. All of the pitching has been better at Citi for obvious reasons, but it's been night and day for Thor on the road vs at Citi.

Yeah I was thinking the same but I think the 'possibility" of  Harvey and deGrom taking the first two games is too tempting to pass up. I would not argue against Thor at home though due to his splits he has but mainly I want Harvey and deGrom going twice in the series if need be.

Yeah I was thinking the same but I think the 'possibility" of  Harvey and deGrom taking the first two games is too tempting to pass up. I would not argue against Thor at home though due to his splits he has but mainly I want Harvey and deGrom going twice in the series if need be.

Isn't Harvey going to be on a 60-pitch limit though?

Completely agree. But that was the word that was being floated about the agreement they reached last week.

Yeah hoping that has been squashed but if so maybe Colon becomes a middle reliever.

I am assuming that the rotation is Harvey, deGrom, Matz and Thor.  I guess even Neise could give us an inning or two.

Yeah hoping that has been squashed but if so maybe Colon becomes a middle reliever.

I am assuming that the rotation is Harvey, deGrom, Matz and Thor.  I guess even Neise could give us an inning or two.

Definitely. It sounds like Collins is totally against asking Matz to go to the pen. I think he keeps Colon on ice for if any of the youngsters crash and burn early.

We'll see about Niese. If his next two outings are as bad as his last four I don't see how Collins can trust him with anything. Hopefully Verrett looks good on Monday so it isn't a concern.

I don't understand what you're getting at here. I don't give a sh*t about Kelly Johnson as a person or a player. The numbers don't like Johnson, and excepting this road trip, whenever Collins has leaned on him to be anything more than spot player he's been a disaster. Sorry, but that's what has happened. Why this is such a regularly important thing to you I have no idea, but them's the results. Either way I'm not going to spend every page debating you on this. It's Kelly ******* Johnson dude. Who gives a sh*t?

I don't understand what you're getting at here. I don't give a sh*t about Kelly Johnson as a person or a player. The numbers don't like Johnson, and excepting this road trip, whenever Collins has leaned on him to be anything more than spot player he's been a disaster. Sorry, but that's what has happened. Why this is such a regularly important thing to you I have no idea, but them's the results. Either way I'm not going to spend every page debating you on this. It's Kelly ******* Johnson dude. Who gives a sh*t?

The Mets did on this road trip as well as in Philly earlier. So do most fans.

He has given us exactly what a veteran role player should on a good team.

I'll tell you the one tragic part of Cespedes' September, and it's that Travis d'Arnaud's play down the stretch isn't getting noticed enough. The guy's numbers on the month are insane and he's been probably the best offensive catcher in baseball over the past month or so.

He has been. The only catcher close was Lucroy and he got hurt.

Archived