2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am expecting Harvey to take out his anger at the Nats!

For real. With the importance of this series and the sh*t he put the team through this week, he better go pitch the game of his life.

I think Darling put it best yesterday. Boras is a loudmouth but at the end of the day he's protecting the financial interest of his client and that's his job. But there was nothing to stop from Harvey coming out immediately and vocally (I mean come on, a ******* letter?) just saying "I'm pitching in the playoffs, end of story." 

For a guy that wants to be Jeter, letting that play out and then squashing it via oped was about as un-Jeter as it gets.

This is big- gives me hope

signing window for Cespedes will be waived

The window of five days after the World Series for the New York Mets to possibly re-sign Yoenis Cespedes will be waived by the player and his agent, Joel Sherman reports (Sept. 8).

Previously, the Mets would have had only the five days after the World Series ended to negotiate and re-sign Cespedes. If the two sides were unable to work out a deal, Cespedes wouldn’t be able to sign with the Mets until May 15 of the next year, essentially ruling the team out of the free agency chase.

But, according to this report, the two sides agreed to waive the clause, which would allow the Mets to act like any other team in pursuit of the free agent outfielder this winter.

Cespedes has recently said that he enjoys playing in New York.

“I enjoy the team. It’s a really great team. I love the city of New York. I love the fans,” he said (Sept. 8).

Duda back tonight

New York Mets lineup
Tuesday, September 8
at Washington

Curtis Granderson - RF...
Yoenis Cespedes - CF
Daniel Murphy - 2B
David Wright - 3B
Lucas Duda - 1B
Travis d'Arnaud - C
Michael Conforto - LF
Wilmer Flores - SS
Matt Harvey - RHP

I like that he sandwiched Duda in between Wright and d'Arnaud to get him going. D'Arnaud has been red-hot the past couple weeks. He could legit finish the year batting over .300 and top ten in WAR. Not bad for a third year guy who had some freak injuries.

BTW, can you imagine if Herrera and Becerra both turn out to be good? The Dickey trade has already been a grand slam, but they got Becerra and then Herrera in exchange for Buck (whom they got in the Dickey trade). If either guy is good that is legit the best trade in Mets history. I thought we were nuts for trading him at the time. Sandy ******* Alderson.

Small hope---

Cespedes will waive 5 day re-signing window for Mets

The window of five days after the World Series for the New York Mets to possibly re-sign Yoenis Cespedes will be waived by the player and his agent, Joel Sherman reports (Sept. 8).

Previously, the Mets would have had only the five days after the World Series ended to negotiate and re-sign Cespedes. If the two sides were unable to work out a deal, Cespedes wouldn’t be able to sign with the Mets until May 15 of the next year, essentially ruling the team out of the free agency chase.

But, according to this report, the two sides agreed to waive the clause, which would allow the Mets to act like any other team in pursuit of the free agent outfielder this winter.

“I enjoy the team. It’s a really great team. I love the city of New York. I love the fans,” he said (Sept. 8).

OMG - it moved.  Please, pretty please make this happen Mets.  

I havent fallen for a man this fast since Rex Ryan...probably not a good thing, but you get the picture. 

I'm not proud! I'll take it.

Another injury knocks hot-hitting Ryan Zimmerman out of the Nationals’ lineup
1 Comment
By Aaron GleemanSep 8, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT

Ryan Zimmerman has been on fire since returning from a disabled list stint for plantar fasciitis in late July, hitting .311 with 11 homers, 13 doubles, and a 1.024 OPS in 39 games. But now the Nationals first baseman is hurt again.

Zimmerman tweaked his left oblique muscle while taking a swing during Monday’s loss to the Mets and is out of the starting lineup for tonight’s game.

For now the Nationals are calling it a day-to-day injury, but if Zimmerman has a standard oblique strain it could potentially knock him out for the remainder of the season.

Tonight’s Tuesday Night Baseball Lineups presented by Verizon
September 8th, 2015 4:15 pm
The Mets (76-61) continue their three-game series against the Nationals (71-66) on Tuesday in Washington, D.C. at 7:05 p.m. ET on SNY.

Matt Harvey (12-7, 2.60 ERA) gets the start for the Mets. He’ll be opposed by Jordan Zimmermann (12-8, 3.38 ERA) for the Nationals.

Mets ............................................Nats
1. Curtis Granderson (L) RF 1. Jayson Werth (R) LF
2. Yoenis Cespedes (R) CF 2. Anthony Rendon (R) 2B
3. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B 3. Bryce Harper (L) RF
4. David Wright (R) 3B 4. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
5. Lucas Duda (L) 1B 5. Clint Robinson (L) 1B
6. Travis d’Arnaud (R) C 6. Ian Desmond (R) SS
7. Michael Conforto (L) LF 7. Wilson Ramos (R) C
8. Wilmer Flores (R) SS 8. Michael Taylor (R) CF
9. Matt Harvey (R) P 9. Jordan Zimmerman (R) P

I'm not proud! I'll take it.

Another injury knocks hot-hitting Ryan Zimmerman out of the Nationals’ lineup
1 Comment
By Aaron GleemanSep 8, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT

Ryan Zimmerman has been on fire since returning from a disabled list stint for plantar fasciitis in late July, hitting .311 with 11 homers, 13 doubles, and a 1.024 OPS in 39 games. But now the Nationals first baseman is hurt again.

Zimmerman tweaked his left oblique muscle while taking a swing during Monday’s loss to the Mets and is out of the starting lineup for tonight’s game.

For now the Nationals are calling it a day-to-day injury, but if Zimmerman has a standard oblique strain it could potentially knock him out for the remainder of the season.

Watching the way Nationals fans bitch about sh*t like this is infuriating. Such a woe is us, we're cursed and deserve better mentality. Are you ******* kidding me? They've been a team for 10 years. Try being a lifelong Mets fan, dealing with a ******* cursed franchise all your life, f'n peasants.

Love it. Cespedes likes this team and if the Mets are fair, we have a shot.

A person familiar with the Mets’ plans told USA TODAY Sports that after Harvey pitches Tuesday, he would be skipped in his next scheduled start, start one more time and wouldn’t make another regular-season start unless needed on the final weekend of the season against the Nationals. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the topic.  And if the Mets make the playoffs, he won’t start more than once during any potential playoff series and perhaps could be limited to no more than 60 pitches in a start.

COT4un4VAAAegSK

There was an insane comeback that the Mets had against the Braves in 2000 down 8-1, I don't remember many of the details except Piazza hitting the go-ahead run and Benitez by some miracle managed to close it out after that. I think this was without question the best Mets regular season game I have watched since then, and it may be more meaningful because if my memory is correct that game was in the dead-middle of summer.

There was an insane comeback that the Mets had against the Braves in 2000 down 8-1, I don't remember many of the details except Piazza hitting the go-ahead run and Benitez by some miracle managed to close it out after that. I think this was without question the best Mets regular season game I have watched since then, and it may be more meaningful because if my memory is correct that game was in the dead-middle of summer.

this was the game I also thought of immediately. And yeah it was in June!

The at bats that Granderson is giving right now are classic. He has absolutely stunk hitting against left handers all year, but every at bat he is working the count, fouling pitches, making the pitcher work.

As Darling said last night, the Mets are "grinding out" at bats. 

The reason the Mets had the ability to come back these 2 games is they got pitch counts up against the starters, and are facing a bullpen that is terrible. Storen looked absolutely frightened last night.

Archived