2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

That was such a roller coaster ride last night.  What a game! 

I was so upset when my boo left Granderson stranded on 3rd after his triple.  I figured that was the easiest RBI he'd have all year and he fanned.  Then, he makes that boneheaded mistake in Center and lets that ball go through his legs for a base clearing inside the parker and I was all like, this is what you get when you fall for a player.  And then then that wild 7th inning goes down and he comes up again with the bases loaded and totally redeems himself!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Cespedes with all my heart and soul.  

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this finishes the Nats, I know theres still some 7 with 17 trauma but this Nats team couldn't shine that Phillies teams shoes. And this Mets team is better than 07.

Would like to put them away tonight.

Would love to render the final series with them as meaningless so the fans can remind Werth and Harper of their "it's our division to lose" and "where's my ring?" statements each time they step to the plate. With all the NATS pending free agents and depending how Sandy plays this off season, the Mets could own this division for a nice stretch.

Would love to render the final series with them as meaningless so the fans can remind Werth and Harper of their "it's our division to lose" and "where's my ring?" statements each time they step to the plate. With all the NATS pending free agents and depending how Sandy plays this off season, the Mets could own this division for a nice stretch.

This.  I want to step on their throat and put them out of commission.  Send a message.  Because the truth is, if the Mets can somehow find a way to keep Cespedes bat in this line-up for the next 3-4 years, I think the Mets can be just as potent as my as the Nats. 

If they can hold on to Cespedes, no question that's a possibility, and I think we'll be even better next year with the young arms being conditioned more and Wright having a full offseason's rest.

I think a win tonight makes it close to impossible to choke this away. I know the Mets have choked away with less games to go in the past, but the difference in this instance would be that they completely stopped the momentum of a red hot Nats team. The one thing Washington still has going for them is a very easy schedule after today, but getting swept in such a crucial series would be very hard to rebound from. And the circumstances under which they lost these games, particularly a one-of-a-kind insane comeback and Harper completely disappearing when the team needed him most...etc, that's so hard to rebound from this late in the year.

This series IMO has illustrated the importance of Wright's return. He's been huge this series and when the Mets were down or the pitching was struggling, he's been on top of everyone as much as he ever has. Pretty clear he has '07 at the front of his mind and he's determined not to let that happen again. Cespedes and Granderson may be the key cogs in the offense right now, but given how the Mets were playing coming into this series and how badly the starting pitching has faltered, and the Harvey distraction, he's kept the team on track and also has made some big-time clutch plays offensively and defensively.

If they can hold on to Cespedes, no question that's a possibility, and I think we'll be even better next year with the young arms being conditioned more and Wright having a full offseason's rest.

I think a win tonight makes it close to impossible to choke this away. I know the Mets have choked away with less games to go in the past, but the difference in this instance would be that they completely stopped the momentum of a red hot Nats team. The one thing Washington still has going for them is a very easy schedule after today, but getting swept in such a crucial series would be very hard to rebound from. And the circumstances under which they lost these games, particularly a one-of-a-kind insane comeback and Harper completely disappearing when the team needed him most...etc, that's so hard to rebound from this late in the year.

This series IMO has illustrated the importance of Wright's return. He's been huge this series and when the Mets were down or the pitching was struggling, he's been on top of everyone as much as he ever has. Pretty clear he has '07 at the front of his mind and he's determined not to let that happen again. Cespedes and Granderson may be the key cogs in the offense right now, but given how the Mets were playing coming into this series and how badly the starting pitching has faltered, and the Harvey distraction, he's kept the team on track and also has made some big-time clutch plays offensively and defensively.

You had to love how after they scored those 3 runs and David responds with the HR. It was big at the time.

The only reason that the Nats were "red hot" going into this series, was that they just played the Braves (who had lost 19 of 20). That is why I did not agree with your "Mets back up against the walls. The Nats have been a flawed team all season. I did noit take one Brave series sweep as them overcoming the hump.

The Mets and Nats have relatively the same schedule the rest of the way, except for Mets playing Yanks, Nats playing Orioles.

The only reason that the Nats were "red hot" going into this series, was that they just played the Braves (who had lost 19 of 20). That is why I did not agree with your "Mets back up against the walls. The Nats have been a flawed team all season. I did noit take one Brave series sweep as them overcoming the hump.

The Mets and Nats have relatively the same schedule the rest of the way, except for Mets playing Yanks, Nats playing Orioles.

Washington was 11-4 in their last 15 coming into this series. Get over it. You were wrong. It happens. Time to move on.

The Nats are a broken team - The Mets win tonight I just do not think the Mets will lose enough games for them to have a realistic chance

Matt Williams may be the worse manager now that I am watching more closely

The Nats are a broken team - The Mets win tonight I just do not think the Mets will lose enough games for them to have a realistic chance

Matt Williams may be the worse manager now that I am watching more closely

He's been getting murdered all day. Who the **** bunts on 3-1 when the guy at the plate has been swinging great and the double play numbers aren't there?

He's been getting murdered all day. Who the **** bunts on 3-1 when the guy at the plate has been swinging great and the double play numbers aren't there?

You gave the Mets a gift out from one of your better hitters bunting on  a hitters ideal count. Also not having backup for Storen who was lost out there

Washington was 11-4 in their last 15 coming into this series. Get over it. You were wrong. It happens. Time to move on.

WTF? 

The Nats were beating up on the Braves before the Mets series. They had lost 2-3 from the Cards before that, and needed Wacha to be sat in order to salvage the last game of that series. To suggest the Nats were playing good ball would be a misnomer-They got lucky to catch the Braves at the right time.

In actuality, the team the Mets saw the last 2 nights, is the same team they have been for the last months. A team that had found its hitting, BUT had trouble getting its starters deep and struggled mightily in the bullpen. 

The fact that they beat up some weaklings in winning a few games did not make them world beaters.

Same issue for the Mets-their lack of a good record vs winning teams is concerning. BUT, they seem to have much more resiliecncy than the Cardinals. And that should serve them well in the playoffs.

You gave the Mets a gift out from one of your better hitters bunting on  a hitters ideal count. Also not having backup for Storen who was lost out there

Storen looked absolutely petrified out there. he was goosing pitches.

The only back-up for Storen is Papelbom. And that is not saying much.

The ants gained a lot when they traded Clippard for Escobar, but they created a huge hole also. Glad to have Clip on our side now.

How do you not have anyone warming up way before that? Just bizarre sh*t. The fans stayed to boo him after his press conference. When has that ever happened?

How do you not have anyone warming up way before that? Just bizarre sh*t. The fans stayed to boo him after his press conference. When has that ever happened?

In defense of William, they do not have anyone else. Storen was their last line of defense, save Papelbom.

He is their new "Clippard" and if he can't get an out in the 7th inning, they die on the vine. The Mets have scored on every one of their relievers in this series. Counter that with the Mets bullpen being scoreless in 9 2/3

I understand putting Murph 3rd last night because he owns Zimmerman but he shouldn't be our #3 hitter in normal circumstances.

He's been something dreadful the past week or so at the plate as well. From a logistics standpoint I'd rather see Tejada out there, but I think there's a psychological aspect to trotting out the same lineup that forced that comeback yesterday. He shouldn't be batting third though, that's for damn sure.

He's been something dreadful the past week or so at the plate as well. From a logistics standpoint I'd rather see Tejada out there, but I think there's a psychological aspect to trotting out the same lineup that forced that comeback yesterday. He shouldn't be batting third though, that's for damn sure.

Tejada 2-13 lifetime vs Strasburg. 4Ks

Murphy 4 vs 16 vs Strasburg. 2Ks

Murphy has been battling pitchers this series, and building pitch counts. Absent real results, he has been hitting the ball hard and seems to be seeing the ball.

Archived