2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

I agree. The run he's on is clearly an outlier but certainly not outside of his ability. His pitch selection has been the difference, and that's historically been his weakness. It's not like he wasn't capable of hitting bombs before this.

This is definitely an outlier year. But, you have to look and say this is only his 4th full mlb season. 

But, at 30, can you sign him longer than 5-6 years? That is what the Mets will be deliberating.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other important race-

Besides chasing the Dodgers for best record for NLDS, the Mets are also in a virtual tie with the Cubs for a better record.

If the Cubs should walk away with a win over the Cards (or Pirates??) in the NLDS, and the Mets have a better record, they get home field in the NLCS.(assuming of course the Mets advance).

Tuesday Night Baseball presented by Verizon New York Mets lineup:

Curtis Granderson - RF
Yoenis Cespedes - CF
Daniel Murphy - 2B...
David Wright - 3B
Michael Conforto - LF
Travis d'Arnaud - C
Lucas Duda - 1B
Ruben Tejada - SS
Jacob deGrom - RHP

I think this is the lineup Collins probably trots out for the first two games against LA, excepting maybe giving Flores one of those starts at second. Have to have Tejada in there in what is sure to be a pair of serious pitchers' duels.

I think this is the lineup Collins probably trots out for the first two games against LA, excepting maybe giving Flores one of those starts at second. Have to have Tejada in there in what is sure to be a pair of serious pitchers' duels.

Will be interesting to see if he has the balls to sit the lefty bats including Duda (unless he starts coming around) against Kershaw.

Hopefully he sits at least a few of them based on their numbers against left handers and the depth of his bench.

Matz, Syndergaard and Harvey will pitch for the New York Mets against the New York Yankees

I'm in town for game two and hopefully game three too. I'm so pumped. I don't remember a regular season series between these two teams having this much importance. Mets trying to put the Nats away for good, the Yanks fighting for their lives, this is going to be a fun weekend.

I'm in town for game two and hopefully game three too. I'm so pumped. I don't remember a regular season series between these two teams having this much importance. Mets trying to put the Nats away for good, the Yanks fighting for their lives, this is going to be a fun weekend.

Cool I know some people going Sunday but I have no tickets.

The only good thing about getting our only three remaining games against a half decent opponent until the Gnats in Oct. Is that Hollyweird is playing 3 against the far tougher Buccos.

As for tonight, Cuddyer just made a Ron Swoboda like 1969 catch in RF to end the first for Bart

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Time to stop playing around with different lineup every single day and get the best players out there

Yep.  Not only do we want to put away the Nats but we are also now 1.5 games back of the Dodgers for homefield in the NLDS.  As RJF mentioned earlier, forcing Kershaw and Greinke to pitch in Citi Field should be a priority right now.

Anyone actually win the playoff raffle here? Everyone I know lost and in return we got emails encouraging us to buy season tix for next year so we could buy playoff tickets. It's very Wilponey.

Yes I got that same -email- little fishy to me

And in the real race for the remainder of the season, Hollyweird has a much tougher schedule than we do

3 with Pitt, 3 with SD, 3 with SF,

They're 1.5 games up on us with Grenke/Kershaw starting every 2 out of 5 games, so at a minimum they probably win 6.

Mets probably need 12 wins to get ahead of Dodgers and Cubs.

We need a coalition of RJF-Dierking-faba making the decisions with this team. 

I can't even imagine what it would be like playing for Dierking. You could run face first into a concrete wall and then he'd probably start explaining to everyone why it made sense for you to do that and if you really think about it, it was a good decision.

I can't even imagine what it would be like playing for Dierking. You could run face first into a concrete wall and then he'd probably start explaining to everyone why it made sense for you to do that and if you really think about it, it was a good decision.

WTF is with you. Really?

On a non personal note, and keeping it to baseball, this is an excellent read from SI, on Gooden and his magical '85 season. You compare some of the number (innings pitched, complete games) and it seems like a different world compared to today's games.

http://www.si.com/longform/2015/1985/doc/

Agreed, Miami is a pain in our asses. Let them hammer the Gnats now.

Yep. Miami is just one team that always seems to kill us. Fans were going crazy on talk radio yesterday over two losses after an 8 game winning streak.

Tonight Tanaka will likely be a tough one to win as well but this Mets team will be fine.

I think the young SP's may be hitting a bit of a wall but with some skips here and there hopefully they push through it. Love the depth that Sandy has given this roster.

Archived