McCourty Stays With Pats

chirorob

wow overpaying for an average safety unlike billy-boy

He is not an average safety, he has been voted all pro twice (not pro bowl) If he was average he would not have been rated as a top 5 FA target.  I think 9 mill is too much on an average basis but I guess that is what the market said he was at and see how the deal was structured.

He is not an average safety, he has been voted all pro twice (not pro bowl) If he was average he would not have been rated as a top 5 FA target.  I think 9 mill is too much on an average basis but I guess that is what the market said he was at and see how the deal was structured.

Plus, he can also play cb if needed.He is a very versatile player, and only 26? Funny, if we signed him for those $, we would all be crowing that we got the next Ronnie Lott. Pats get him, he' s average.

McCourty is overrated. I still wanted him but he is not a great Safety. Just get me Mike Adams on a 1-year deal.

Thomas and Berry are the only great safeties. And most likely Berry won't play again. And what do you mean he is overrated? The only people that count are NFL GMs and they wanted him.

Yep even if above average, he is not worth close to the new salary, billy boy blinked mon

No one ever is.

And Belichick did not blink.  Looking at is available on the market, there are no adequate replacements available in free agency or the draft.

Yep even if above average, he is not worth close to the new salary, billy boy blinked mon

No free agent is worth what they are getting.

He's a good safety, and I wanted him here.  But, he didn't listen to me..

Archived