Kaepernick

TuscanyTile2

What do you think the 49ers would ask for him (assuming he's available)?  Would you trade the 6th pick for him?  Or could we trade down in the first round (15-20 range) and still trade that #1 for Kaepernick?  Or am I way off base with what it would take to acquire him? 

I'm kind of amazed the Eagles never made a play for Kaepernick.  Perhaps they didn't for the same reason we won't.  His price-tag will be entirely too high. 

Not to mention his contract would require a lot of re-work.  He's signed through 2020 and if we ever decided we wanted to part ways, it wouldn't make sense to until after 2017, when his dead money is just $5M and cap savings are $14.4M.

I'd rather have Fitz, at least with Fitz we know what we're locked into... a limited journeyman that has shown flashes of smart, tough play, who will help us transition to a groomed QB in the next year or so.

Kaep forces us to live with him for a few years, then scrap it and start from nothing. No plan there, just hope that he can stop sucking. It would be the same as getting Cutler at this point. Stuck between the promise of a player's skill set and the reality that they'll never play up to it. NFL prison.

I'm kind of amazed the Eagles never made a play for Kaepernick.  Perhaps they didn't for the same reason we won't.  His price-tag will be entirely too high. 

Not to mention his contract would require a lot of re-work.  He's signed through 2020 and if we ever decided we wanted to part ways, it wouldn't make sense to until after 2017, when his dead money is just $5M and cap savings are $14.4M.

I'd bet anything they called. Which is what makes Kelly's posturing about Bradford that much more hilarious.

Our first overall pick, regardless of whether it remains at #6 or if we trade back?  No way. 

If Kaepernick hadn't regressed significantly last year, then I could see them asking that price, but after the year he had last year and the 49ers looking like their in full on rebuilding mode, there's no way they can command that kind of price for him.

I don't want to trade for him, but if we did, I wouldn't do it for anything other than a couple of mid-round picks.  I could be convinced to give a 2 if they were willing to throw in a low-level pick along with Kaepernick.

I'd bet anything they called. Which is what makes Kelly's posturing about Bradford that much more hilarious.

Biggest knocks on Foles include him being injury prone and a statue in an offense that runs most effectively with a mobile QB.  Eagles trade Foles for injury-prone statue.   AND give the Rams a couple quality draft picks to boot.  My friends at work who are Eagles fans are despondent right now.

What do you think the 49ers would ask for him (assuming he's available)?  Would you trade the 6th pick for him?  Or could we trade down in the first round (15-20 range) and still trade that #1 for Kaepernick?  Or am I way off base with what it would take to acquire him? 

If they thought that he was worth a #6 in a draft, they would not be trading him, so I would not give that.  I would give a 2.  The guy has skills, and he has had success int he playoffs.

Actually it wouldn't. We're not the ones who gave him a $12M signing bonus. There is no dead money for the Jets. The ones who eat that are the 49ers, and if they're in full rebuild mode then it's no big deal (actually still a net savings this year and it's a net savings overall, since a team always saves non-guaranteed new money paid to a player). That's just if they cut him outright. They also get whatever the trade compensation is on top of it.

He's $12.5M this year, $14.5M next year, $17M the year after that. Crazy enough, if he's an experienced, young QB you want that isn't nutty anymore.

I don't know that they're really considering moving on from him. If Kelly isn't totally full of sh*t, someone just offered him a 1st for freaking Bradford so I don't know what Kaepernick would fetch, warts and all.

kaep contract is not onerous at all. he's absolutely worth #6. san fran would be idiotic to let him go however.

Kaepernick is the most overrated QB in the game. He's an upgrade over Geno but that's pretty much any qb. Kaepernick can't throw outside the numbers, has an extended release and his biggest asset is his running ability. Worth a 2nd or 3rd.

Off base. Yes. A top 10 pick for him is insane.

I originally thought you were saying would they take a 6th round pick. His value would be an early 3rd and a late round next year. And that's only becuase his contract is structured with minimal risk.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole. He has absolutely maxed out his development, and he's below average in the pocket.

If any team is getting him it's Buffalo. Rex and his loser OC would give up their entire draft for Kap. And SF knows it. They wouldn't even call anyone else.

Archived