2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the last two picks the Oregon guys-- Ifo Ekpre Olomu & Jake Fisher.

I thnk Ifo will be a great nickelback.  Too small to cover bigger outside receivers but has a great skill set to take the smaller quicker slot guys in press man.  Great value mid 3rd.  And we under drafted Jake FIsher -- great pickup for KC.

Love the last two picks the Oregon guys-- Ifo Ekpre Olomu & Jake Fisher.

I thnk Ifo will be a great nickelback.  Too small to cover bigger outside receivers but has a great skill set to take the smaller quicker slot guys in press man.  Great value mid 3rd.  And we under drafted Jake FIsher -- great pickup for KC.

I think Ifo will be outstanding.  He's dropping in all the rankings because of the ACL, so he probably won't be ready until the 2nd half of the season or later.  Without the injury, he could have been a 1st rounder, size notwithstanding.  I was really hoping he'd fall to 4th round cause I would have grabbed him for either Tennessee or Jax.  Debated with myself whether or not to pick him there for Tennessee.  But since Tenn still has J. McCourty under contract for the next 2 seasons and just signed and vastly overpaid Perrish Cox, I figured it was too early to draft them their future nickel and perhaps McCourty replacement in a year or two.  

Jake Fisher is a fine tackle, and TOm gave him to Jacksonville for me when I was late.  I just like the Penn State kid a little better, which is why I swapped them.  Fisher is a very good pick. 

p.s.  Position rankings/players taken list is updated through pick 3.18

I think Ifo will be outstanding.  He's dropping in all the rankings because of the ACL, so he probably won't be ready until the 2nd half of the season or later.  Without the injury, he could have been a 1st rounder, size notwithstanding.  I was really hoping he'd fall to 4th round cause I would have grabbed him for either Tennessee or Jax.  Debated with myself whether or not to pick him there for Tennessee.  But since Tenn still has J. McCourty under contract for the next 2 seasons and just signed and vastly overpaid Perrish Cox, I figured it was too early to draft them their future nickel and perhaps McCourty replacement in a year or two.  

Jake Fisher is a fine tackle, and TOm gave him to Jacksonville for me when I was late.  I just like the Penn State kid a little better, which is why I swapped them.  Fisher is a very good pick. 

Actually, I am glad Ifo was picked, if he were still on the board when I pick for GB later this round, I would be kicking myself for taking Peters in the first (and passing on Kendricks) if I could have had Ifo in the 3rd.  Not real happy with what I have done for the Packers so far.  Peters and Orchard. Should have gone Kendricks 1st and 2nd round I could have had Eli Harold -- who could be a really nice replacement for Peppers who is getting up in years and I think only has a year left on his contract.  I like Orchard and think he is good value late 2nd, but I should have taken Harold.  I don't think the cheeseheads would be very happy.

I was going back-and-forth between him and Anderson. Hess took Anderson.

I was contemplating Anderson for the Steelers.  If I wasn't out during the first round and had made my own pick, I probably would have gone with Landon Collins in the first.  In that case, I probably would have waited on Rollins and would have gone with Carl Davis as a 3-4 DE in the second.  Maybe Rollins would have lasted. Plenty of people don't like one year wonder basketball players.

Anderson sure looks thin in that picture Hess posted.  Looks like he could use some time in the program. 

I was contemplating Anderson for the Steelers. If I wasn't out during the first round and had made my own pick, I probably would have gone with Landon Collins in the first. In that case, I probably would have waited on Rollins and would have gone with Carl Davis as a 3-4 DE in the second. Maybe Rollins would have lasted. Plenty of people don't like one year wonder basketball players.

Anderson sure looks thin in that picture Hess posted. Looks like he could use some time in the program.

Davis is a tricky. He's a lazy bastard and doesn't always play hard but he's got some skill.

I'm dominating this draft.  The Cardinals are such a better team because of me.

Jalen Colins

Ameer Abdullah

Lorenzo Maudlin

????

I'd be the best thing to ever happen to the Jets. 

I had been aiming for Mauldin with my 3rd since before I made a pick.  A few picks ago I started reviewing some more and decided I would take Smith over him.  I don't like joining a run on certain positions, but I am happy enough with this pick. 

I had been aiming for Mauldin with my 3rd since before I made a pick.  A few picks ago I started reviewing some more and decided I would take Smith over him.  I don't like joining a run on certain positions, but I am happy enough with this pick. 

Been sitting here watching pick after pick come off the board wondering if Preston Smith could possibly make it to the Packers.  Close, but no such luck.  Beaten by the Dominator.

I was looking for an OLB, with a quick first step.  Smith, while a strong versatile player, isnt someone who jumps off the line, IMO.  Maudlin has more of that killer first step burst off the line I was looking for with the Cardinals. 

I was looking for an OLB, with a quick first step.  Smith, while a strong versatile player, isnt someone who jumps off the line, IMO.  Maudlin has more of that killer first step burst off the line I was looking for with the Cardinals. 

Funny, one of the Steelers websites was comparing him to Mike Neal.

I was going back-and-forth between him and Anderson. Hess took Anderson.

I was thinking of taking Ali Marpet then Matias soon after for the Saints, then realized that the Saints dont have any 4th round picks so I had to take Tre' McBride to make up for Kenny Stills WR spot and Jimmy Graham's Redzone/Leaping ability. 

I was contemplating Anderson for the Steelers.  If I wasn't out during the first round and had made my own pick, I probably would have gone with Landon Collins in the first.  In that case, I probably would have waited on Rollins and would have gone with Carl Davis as a 3-4 DE in the second.  Maybe Rollins would have lasted. Plenty of people don't like one year wonder basketball players.

Anderson sure looks thin in that picture Hess posted.  Looks like he could use some time in the program. 

Anderson is 6'6 295. Pretty big dude.  Good looking 5 tech.

457470876-defensive-end-henry-anderson-o

Compensatory Picks may be announced later today.  If not today, then tomorrow.  When they are announced, we should add those slots to the draft board.  The earliest of them will likely be the end of the 4th round so we still have time to do it.  If there's a 3rd rounder, which is very unlikely, we should give that team an immediate pick.   

OK?

Players Taken: through pick 89 in Round 3

QB: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, Garrett Grasyon, Sean Mannion

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon, David Johnson

WR: Kevin White, Amari Cooper, LeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Devin Smith, Justin Hardy, Sammie Coats, Tyler Lockett, Rashad Greene, Tre McBride, Devin Funchess
TE: Jesse James, Maxx Williams, Clive Walford, Nick O'Leary

OL: Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins, Cam Erving, Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers, DJ Humphries, TJ Clemmings, Laken Tomlinson, AJ Cann, Daryl Williams, Donovan Smith, Cedric Ogbuehi, Tre'Jackson, Arie Kouandjio, Ali Marpet, Jake Fisher, Josue Matias, Hroniss Grasu
DL: Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Jordan Phillips, Carl Davis, Henry Anderson, Preston Smith 
LB: Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Jr., Bud Dupree, Shaq Thompson, Eric Kendricks, Benardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Stephane Anthony, Paul Dawson, Nate Orchard, Eli Harold, Lorenzo Maudlin

DB: Tray Waynes, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Marcus Peters, PJ Williams, Kevin Johnson, Gerod Holliman, Kevin White, Quinten Rollins, Byron Jones, Alex Carter, Cody Prewitt, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Ronald Darby, Damarious Randall 

All right seriously, if somebody doesn't take Danielle Hunter soon and he goes in the first round they're all gonna laugh at us. 

Yeah.  I was thinking that, but I'm just not a big fan. 

Anderson is 6'6 295. Pretty big dude.  Good looking 5 tech.

He looks much bigger in that picture.  I know he is big.  He just looks more like he is "natural" and NFL players don't look natural because they aren't.

Archived