2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like it. I think Ellington was a bit exposed last year.

which is why I think they're looking at Coleman, Cobb or AlayiajAja type backs. Don't see Ameer as that kind of back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Players Taken: through pick 59 in Round 2

QB: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty 

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah,

WR: Kevin White, Amari Cooper, LeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Devin Smith, Justin Hardy, Sammie Coats
TE: Jesse James, Maxx Williams, Clive Walford

OL: Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins, Cam Erving, Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers, DJ Humphries, TJ Clemmings, Laken Tomlinson, AJ Cann, Daryl Williams
DL: Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Jordan Phillips, Carl Davis
LB: Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Jr., Bud Dupree, Shaq Thompson, Eric Kendricks, Benardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Stephane Anthony, Paul Dawson

DB: Tray Waynes, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Marcus Peters, PJ Williams, Kevin Johnson, Gerod Holliman, Kevin White, Quinten Rollins

Was hoping to see Carl Davis slide a few more picks to the Packers. Not happy with the way this draft is unfolding for the Packers.  All of the ILBs that are worth taking in this round went in a 5 pick span, and now the NT that I was hoping might fall goes 3 picks before me.  On to Plan C.

This GM stuff is not as easy as it looks.

Colts pick is in. PM sent to Lith.

I wanted Abdullah to groom behind Gore, but Coleman was a good consolation prize. The Colts haven't been able to take the next step in the playoffs because they cannot stop the run, and they run out of runningbacks and explosive players by the divisional round usually. 

Gore is a nice story, but you can't bank on a 30+ year old giving you 19 quality games. I used my first rounded to address the DL, specifically run defense, and my second rounder to secure a complement to Gore who can eventually take over. Perhaps offering more explosion on the field other than Hilton and Montcrief as well.

From his scouting report on NFL.com:

Half of his 28 career rushing touchdowns were of 43-plus yards, including eight of 64-plus yards.

Come the actual draft, I can't imagine 6 RBs taken in the first two rounds.  That's what we've got through 2.29 here.

They'll be more WRs taken and less RBs.

I was tempted to take Agholar, but didn't see the need being as immediate. I think Hilton, Montcrief, Andre Johnson, Duron Carter, and both Fleener and Dwayne Allen pushes the WR need back a bit. RB depth is something that has held the Colts back for the past couple of years. I also think Coleman slipped in this round a bit, based on the stuff I'm using to guide me. 

I probably should have gone safety or linebacker, and held off on RB until the 3rd round. I don't know how long I was holding this up though, so I wanted to make my pick asap.

Villain lives in Germany where it's 3:39 AM, I believe. I feel bad about making his pick, but I'm pretty sure I know who he'd select at 9:34

I was out drinking a bit too much. lol. Thanks for waiting for me. 

My pick is in though and its 2:42 am my time right now. 

Seattle Picks Tyler Lockett!. Now im going to sleep! 

Yeah, took Grayson as a developmental guy for the Bucs. He can sit a year behind Glennon, and if Glennon can't get it done they have there 2016 starter in place, if Glennon does well you have a solid back up at a cheap price for a few years.

I would have taken him in the 4th, but the way this draft has been going I had to pull the trigger here.

Took CB Byron Jones from Conneticut for the Pats. They. Need a CB obviously and I was shocked he's still on the board. This was a guy I felt was the best value on the board in the late 2nd

Archived