3 66 Dcat Tennessee T.J. Yeldon Alabama RB
4 97 Dcat Tennessee D'Joun Smith Florida Atlantic CB
5 130 Dcat Tennessee Leterrius Walton Central Michigan DT

1 5 HOZtheJet Washington Randy Gregory Nebraska DE
2 38 HOZtheJet Washington Jesse James Penn State TE
3 69 HOZtheJet Washington Sean Mannion Oregon State QB
4 102 HOZtheJet Washington Lynden Trail Norfolk State DE
5 133 HOZtheJet Washington Adrian Amos Penn State S

Overall plan for Cleveland was to shore up the Dline, it was awful, add to the D (they're going to be on the field a lot) and get playmakers on the Oside. QB is a need but nothing worth taking this year.

Shelton is a beast, easy pick and Wright is a solid run stopper, good valve at 112. McKinney can play outside or inside stops the run and can get pressure on the QB.

Picking Dorsett at 19 is a huge reach but I figured someone make take him before I picked in the 2nd round and I've seen him play a lot, he's a homerun threat. OLeary makes plays when they count, FDs and TDs, favorite player from FSU after Benji left. Montgomery is Montgomery, it's the 5th round. Good size, average speed and average hands.

Dismukes is an all around good Olineman. He can play C or G so he adds depth at two spots.

12 Mick Cleveland Danny Shelton Washington DT

1 19 Mick Cleveland Philip Dorsett Miami-Fl WR

2 43 Mick Cleveland Benardrick McKinney Mississippi State OLB

3 77 Mick Cleveland Nick O'Leary Florida State TE

4 108 Mick Cleveland Reeses Dismukes Auburn C

4 112 Mick Cleveland Gabe Wright Auburn DT

5 139 Mick Cleveland Ty Montgomery Stanford

My plan for Buffalo was to pick people Rex could use.

Holliman is a ballhawk FS that would fit in perfect with Rex's D. Matias I've seen play every game he's good at opening holes, which is going to be needed in a heavy run O. Pullard (ILB) was for needed depth at ILB. Solid all around game, average size and 4 years college experience.

2 50 Mick Buffalo Gerod Holliman Louisville S

3 81 Mick Buffalo Josue Matias Florida State G

5 147 Mick Buffalo Hayes Pullard USC OLB

The Eagles had a variety of positions they wanted to address in the draft and in the end covered these positions for the most part.

1 - 20  Alvin 'Bud' Dupree - OLB - Kentucky:  I had anticipated in perhaps taking a WR here thinking one of the higher rated ones would be here.  I also had safety Landon Collins or Trae Waynes on the radar.    In the end the pick was easy, the top Wr's I had thought about were gone and Dupree was there, a player I like a lot.  Trent Cole is gone opening up a spot for a pass rusher.

2 - 52 Breshad Perriman - WR - UCF:  The Eagles got their WR in the 2nd round, I had also thought about Devin Smith who was picked one pick later but I liked Perrimans size a bit more.  His rocket fast pro day after the fact helped the optics of this pick.

3 - 84 Damarious Randall - S - Arizona State: The secondary is a big concern for the Eagles but things just did not fall right in the 1st two rounds.  This guy is a bit under the radar but has some pretty good right ups on his ability from the scouts.

4 - 110 Xavier Cooper - DT - Washington State: This was a BPA pick, the Eagles do not have an enormous need for a DT but I thought he was the best player on the board at that time by quite a bit.  This is the one you would hear the classic cliche from the team  'I can't believe he was still on the board at our pick."

5 - 137 Charles Gaines - CB - Lousiville: The player is a bit raw due to lack of experience but ran a 4.44 40 at the combine and has the physical potential to make it at the next level.

5 - 148 Brandon Bridge - QB - South Alabama:  I wanted to draft a developmental Qb for Chip Kelly at some point in the draft.  My decision came down to be between Bridge and Cody Fajardo from Nevada as I thought they had the physical tools Kelly could mould over a few years.

Overall I was happy with the draft.  I covered some key positions I wanted to cover and got some pretty good players.  It also fit in well with my last years draft from Jets Insider and I also drafted for the Eagles in that draft and came away with: 

1 (22) - Odell Beckham Jr - WR

2 (54) - Scott Crichton - DE

3 86) - Deone Bucannon - S

4 - (122) E.J. Gaines - CB

5 - (162) Justin Ellis - DT

7 - (237) Matt Patchan - OT

Count me in for the next one. 

The Steelers need D.  Especially secondary help.  The corners and Troy are old and young guys like Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas have not yet come around.  

I was stuck in a hearing and my message box was full, so T0m made my first pick.  Sorry again.  Cameron Erving Florida State T.  This guy is super versatile and the Steelers guys seem super split on it.  They either love it or hate it.  If I had made my own pick I probably would have taken the safety from Alabama here.  For a second I thought that Dupree might fall. 
2. Quinten Rollins Miami-Oh CB in the 2nd is just someone I really like.  He is a bit raw having played basketball prior to this year, but has good ball skills.  Lack of top end speed is a question, but he seems like he could be effective if switched to safety.  One of the few guys at CB that I think can fit in with the Steelers D.  If I had gotten Collins, I might have gone for Carl Davis here, but the Steelers need secondary help, so I might have stuck with Rollins.
3. Preston Smith Mississippi State DE seems like a good fit.  I am a value guy and he was past due by this point.  I thought about Mauldin, but JiF took him one spot before.  Danielle Hunter was probably the value pick there, but I just couldn't bring myself to pick a guy I don't much like. I just don't like the way Hunter seems to take a tenth before he moves after the snap.  
4. Tyler Kroft Rutgers TE  They could use a TE and I'm a Rutgers guy. Needs to put on weight, but he will block and has some upside. I really wanted Derron Smith here, but Hess pulled him a pick or two before.  Also considered David Cobb, but RB just is not much of a need for Pittsburgh.  I was hoping Cobb's slow time might knock him to the 5th or 6th.    I thought about Z'darius Smith from Kentucky, but he as soon as I considered him he was gone.
5.  Max Valles Virginia OLB.  Seemed like a good fit.  A bunch of production and a young kid.  Should be able to break in slow and he has a pretty high ceiling. 

I generally try to draft value, but for a mock you have to fit it to need.  Steelers fans seemed kind of split on how I did.  I drafted some raw, higher ceiling guys which is probably good to look back on.  They might be steals and I will feel so smart or they will just disappear and I will forget that I ever considered them. I think I did okay for the Steelers and there were some safety prospects I would still consider.  In fact some of the guys I might have taken at 4 or 5 were still around, so I think I could have gotten them somebody in the 6th or 7th.

Normally we'd explain why we drafted who first.

The new commissioner is cracking the whip!

The Jets did a great job at addressing some of the needs we had through free agency but we still need help  My draft choices were selected based on  need and fit for our offenses and defensive system.  That last part is important because you can have two players and one may grade slightly better overall but the other is a better fit,  I want my coach to have the people he needs to be successful.

Round - 

1. Vic Beasley, LB - First things first, I passed on Mariota,  I'm not saying he wont be a decent QB one day but I just don't believe he is a franchise QB and worthy of #6.  One word to describe Beasley is EXPLOSIVE.  Our secondary can hold it's own, the D line has to be accounted for at all times and here comes Beasley. Beasley and our defemsive line compliment each other very well.  Would have loved to grab Cooper but in a deep WR draft Iwill look for one later.  Passed on Fowler but honestly we can do this draft every week and I could flip flop him with Beasly every time.
  2. Duke Johnson RB - Some will say it was a reach or that I should have selected Tevin Coleman but let me tell you guys something...Duke Johnson will give us something we have not seen on the field in a very long time.  Once the ball gets into his hands he is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.  Coleman is a great runner but he is a north and south guy and we have that in Ivory.  Reaching for a back in the 2nd round that may not be an every down back??  On paper..OUCH!  On the field, no worries.  He will add a dimension to our offense that is sorely needed.   
  3. CEDRIC OGBUEHI, OT - Time to address the offensive line.  Brick is getting up there in age and it's time we start grooming his replacement and add depth.   Ogbuehi is a tackle but also played some guard in college and that flexibilty is a plus for our aging line.  He has a quick step and can recover well if beaten off the snap.   I like this guy alot.
  4. NELSON AGHOLOR  WR - a possible round 2 selection in the 4th?? I can't toot my horn for making this pick because it was everyone else passing on him that made me lucky to get him.  My first 3 picks could happen for the Jets but this pick in the 4th shouldn't happen because he won't be here.  Good hands and can throw some blocks in their for the run.  Not the burner I was looking for but way too talented to pass up in this round.

My first two picks can easily be debated forever on these boards but I'm fine with them I added explosiveness and speed to both sides of the ball and fit in very well with our current system.  A flexible guard and a value pick in the 4th and I think the Jets are a better team today then they were yesterday.  This is pretty much what every GM says so I now leave it in the hands of the critics and experts.

The Jets did a great job at addressing some of the needs we had through free agency but we still need help My draft choices were selected based on need and fit for our offenses and defensive system. That last part is important because you can have two players and one may grade slightly better overall but the other is a better fit, I want my coach to have the people he needs to be successful.

Round -

• Vic Beasley, LB - First things first, I passed on Mariota, I'm not saying he wont be a decent QB one day but I just don't believe he is a franchise QB and worthy of #6. One word to describe Beasley is EXPLOSIVE. Our secondary can hold it's own, the D line has to be accounted for at all times and here comes Beasley. Beasley and our defemsive line compliment each other very well. Would have loved to grab Cooper but in a deep WR draft Iwill look for one later. Passed on Fowler but honestly we can do this draft every week and I could flip flop him with Beasly every time.
  • Duke Johnson RB - Some will say it was a reach or that I should have selected Tevin Coleman but let me tell you guys something...Duke Johnson will give us something we have not seen on the field in a very long time. Once the ball gets into his hands he is a threat to score from anywhere on the field. Coleman is a great runner but he is a north and south guy and we have that in Ivory. Reaching for a back in the 2nd round that may not be an every down back?? On paper..OUCH! On the field, no worries. He will add a dimension to our offense that is sorely needed.
  • CEDRIC OGBUEHI, OT - Time to address the offensive line. Brick is getting up there in age and it's time we start grooming his replacement and add depth. Ogbuehi is a tackle but also played some guard in college and that flexibilty is a plus for our aging line. He has a quick step and can recover well if beaten off the snap. I like this guy alot.
  • NELSON AGHOLOR WR - a possible round 2 selection in the 4th?? I can't toot my horn for making this pick because it was everyone else passing on him that made me lucky to get him. My first 3 picks could happen for the Jets but this pick in the 4th shouldn't happen because he won't be here. Good hands and can throw some blocks in their for the run. Not the burner I was looking for but way too talented to pass up in this round.
My first two picks can easily be debated forever on these boards but I'm fine with them I added explosiveness and speed to both sides of the ball and fit in very well with our current system. A flexible guard and a value pick in the 4th and I think the Jets are a better team today then they were yesterday. This is pretty much what every GM says so I now leave it in the hands of the critics and experts.
I'd be happy with it everyone but OGBUEHI.

Sounds like we have 11 that have expressed interest in the next try at the draft:

AVM

Dcat (NYJ)

Hess

Dominator (Bal)

prime21 (NYG)

Lith (KC & Indy)

T0m (NYJ)

NY JetsVets91

Senor Gato

JetsCanes 331

BrickTamland

Anyone who has mentioned a team -- it is in parentheses.  Dcat and T0m have both mentioned the Jets.  

Edit: Added BrickTamland

Lith, will that be the official list?  Anyone interested in joining should post here until we start a new Mock thread and let us know if you want one or two teams.  It's always good when we have some people with one, so that they can take over another team if someone drops out.

Don't know if

Lith, will that be the official list?  Anyone interested in joining should post here until we start a new Mock thread and let us know if you want one or two teams.  It's always good when we have some people with one, so that they can take over another team if someone drops out.

Don't know if it is official or not -- I guess that is your call as the Commish.  I just decided to go back through the last few pages of the thread and see who expressed interest in doing another draft -- and if anyone mentioned the team they wanted.  I am putting together the spreadsheet today -- I will probably upload it to Google and give you access tonight.  I know you don't want to start for another week, but I will be travelling the next few days and wanted to finish this before I head out of town -- (Mets v Nats opening day in DC on Monday and Isles v Flyers in Philly on Tuesday, with a little business mixed in between the two games).

Sounds like we have 11 that have expressed interest in the next try at the draft:

AVM

Dcat (NYJ)

Hess

Dominator (Bal)

prime21 (NYG)

Lith (KC & Indy)

T0m (NYJ)

NY JetsVets91

Senor Gato

JetsCanes 331

BrickTamland

Anyone who has mentioned a team -- it is in parentheses. Dcat and T0m have both mentioned the Jets.

I'll take the Browns.

AVM

Dcat (NYJ)

Hess

Dominator (Bal)

prime21 (NYG)

Lith (KC & Indy)

T0m (NYJ)

NY JetsVets91

Senor Gato

JetsCanes 331

BrickTamland

Anyone who has mentioned a team -- it is in parentheses.  Dcat and T0m have both mentioned the Jets.  

Could you put me on this as associated with the Saints? Assuming that nobody else said they wanted them before me. Thank you

Archived