2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

The Kendricks pick is absolutely great.  Whatever team really gets him in the draft will be very lucky.  Not only i s he versatile on the field, but he is a great leader and will be an important piece of any team's defense and locker room.  

Would love the Jets to find a way to get him.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami Dolphins took Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota.  With Clay just signed I'm not sure they would go TE here unless they wanna run 2 TE sets like the Pats used to do.

They signed Jordan Cameron, and lost Clay to Buffalo... It's a mid 2nd rounder and Williams was one of the BPA's. Cameron had a mediocre year last year, it brings depth and adds a dangerous rotation or possibly bringing in some 2 TE sets.

They signed Jordan Cameron, and lost Clay to Buffalo... It's a mid 2nd rounder and Williams was one of the BPA's. Cameron had a mediocre year last year, it brings depth and adds a dangerous rotation or possibly bringing in some 2 TE sets.

I did say Clay didn't I?? .DUH I meant Cameron.  Still food for thought about adding another TE but he is probably the best one in the draft this year.  .

It's a good pick.  Cameron has the potential to be a stud, but endured injuries and a terrible offense in Cleveland.  If Cameron plays well, then they have dual weapons at TE which is never a bad thing (See Colts - Fleener/Allen, Patriots before the 3 murder indictments Gronk/Hernandez).  

Maxx Williams finally goes! About time, IMO. Not a deep draft for TEs, but a few guys in the round 2-3 range could be a great fit for some teams.

I thought the Browns would make a move for him since they've lost all of their TE's basically. 

Miami Dolphins took Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota.  With Clay just signed I'm not sure they would go TE here unless they wanna run 2 TE sets like the Pats used to do.

Cant totally depend on Jordan Cameron. He's a good pass catching TE but even outside of the concussions he's still living off of his 2013 statistics. Though I am surprised that the Fins went TE and not WR given that the only WR they have on the roster right now is Kenny Stills. 

I thought the Browns would make a move for him since they've lost all of their TE's basically. 

Cant totally depend on Jordan Cameron. He's a good pass catching TE but even outside of the concussions he's still living off of his 2013 statistics. Though I am surprised that the Fins went TE and not WR given that the only WR they have on the roster right now is Kenny Stills. 

The way I looked at it, it was either WR/TE and the WR class is deep again this year whereas the TE class is far from it. it was either the top rated TE imo or 6-7th rated WR... WR is a pretty safe bet for the Fins in round 3 though.

The way I looked at it, it was either WR/TE and the WR class is deep again this year whereas the TE class is far from it. it was either the top rated TE imo or 6-7th rated WR... WR is a pretty safe bet for the Fins in round 3 though.

I can understand that. My intentions with the Saints was to go OT in the 1st round and pick up my pass rusher in the 2nd, then Fowler dropped to me and now I missed out on the opportunity to get the OT's that I was looking at, though there's something else that im looking at that could be just as good and I feel like it will be great for the 3rd round.  As for your pick, I was looking at it from the view point as the Fins already having a starting TE, yet is missing 2 of the 3 starting WR's. Round 3 will be rather telling for both our squads. 

I can understand that. My intentions with the Saints was to go OT in the 1st round and pick up my pass rusher in the 2nd, then Fowler dropped to me and now I missed out on the opportunity to get the OT's that I was looking at, though there's something else that im looking at that could be just as good and I feel like it will be great for the 3rd round.  As for your pick, I was looking at it from the view point as the Fins already having a starting TE, yet is missing 2 of the 3 starting WR's. Round 3 will be rather telling for both our squads. 

These are the kind of things that make these mocks fun to do.  You never know how its going to shake itself out.  I went into this with the Bears thinking I would go with best available NT & ILB in the first two rounds.  Then Mariota fell and a scenario I never expected presented itself.  Went DT in the 2nd and now all of the top ILBs are gone, so there is one hole that I probably won't be able to fill.  

Yeah, it was a tough decision. From my point of view the Dolphins had 2 big holes to fill WR and CB. I got Waynes for them in round 1 and i felt Williams was too good to pass up mid 2nd round. We'll see what's left in the 3rd. You've had a pretty good haul too with the Saints, landing Fowler at 13 is insane. Perryman on the inside would be big for them as well. 

It's a good pick.  Cameron has the potential to be a stud, but endured injuries and a terrible offense in Cleveland.  If Cameron plays well, then they have dual weapons at TE which is never a bad thing (See Colts - Fleener/Allen, Patriots before the 3 murder indictments Gronk/Hernandez).

Do you all think that since TE's are so important to most offenses these days that it's starting to become TE by committee just like how things have changed with RB's in the last decade or so?

I feel like TE's used to be like FB's years ago.... If you had one good one the others on the depth chart had little chance of seeing the field... and usually because they were glorified/ undersized linemen. Now I think many teams want at least 2 solid playmakers at the position.

I'm personally not comfortable with just Amaro. And Cumberland and Sasquatch are total JAGS. I think we need to bring in another guy who can block and also be a threat in the passing game.

Yeah, it was a tough decision. From my point of view the Dolphins had 2 big holes to fill WR and CB. I got Waynes for them in round 1 and i felt Williams was too good to pass up mid 2nd round. We'll see what's left in the 3rd. You've had a pretty good haul too with the Saints, landing Fowler at 13 is insane. Perryman on the inside would be big for them as well. 

Yeah, I weighed the options that being able to get a top 5 prospect at 13 was the right move. Especially when I have a guy like Brees that makes quick decisions in the pocket which will mask the limitation at the OT position. It will definitely help out that poor defense though. 

Yeah, I weighed the options that being able to get a top 5 prospect at 13 was the right move. Especially when I have a guy like Brees that makes quick decisions in the pocket which will mask the limitation at the OT position. It will definitely help out that poor defense though. 

Fowler at 13?  Don't even look in your rear view mirror.  Consider it a charitable donation to the New Orleans Saints.  No matter what you do with the rest of the draft, you've got a super value and really promising player where he had no business falling.

Fowler at 13?  Don't even look in your rear view mirror.  Consider it a charitable donation to the New Orleans Saints.  No matter what you do with the rest of the draft, you've got a super value and really promising player where he had no business falling.

lol. Thats pretty much what I did. Earlier in the thread I said that once the Browns confirmed that 12th pick I basically was running up to the mock podium to put in that pick. To be able to draft him and Perryman was enormous for that backer core, and to get a man cover guy like PJ Williams to learn behind Browner and Keenan Lewis for a couple years while playing him in the slot, not having to rush him to be "the guy". 

If the Saints actually had a draft like this I'd say they were having an "A" draft so far.  

Archived