2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

Grunt....Had Cobb at the top of my list as well for the 5th round.

I like Cobb.  I actually had sent Shane my three for the Steelers 4th with him and Derron Smith, but he is the kind of guy I probably wouldn't pick for the Jets this year.  With Powell on board, I am looking for more of a high ceiling guy and will be willing to deal with some bust potential.  I also would be looking for a back to catch the ball.  A tweener receiver-poor man's Harvin.  The Steelers already have Bell and Dri Archer to gadget around with, but they signed Deangelo Williams, so a 2nd back is less of a need.  I decided to risk Cobb falling.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beerfish has filed a tampering charge vs Lith with the commissioner and expects draft pick compensation to cover his pain and suffering.

You can have any Bears or Packers future draft picks beyond this season.  The commish to too busy adjudicating the Jets and Pats tampering charges to get to yours this year.  And its not tampering.  Plagiarism maybe, but not tampering.

I use this as a learning experience to educate myself much more about the middle to lower rounds of the draft class.  I enjoy looking at the videos and doing a bit of research as to team needs, scouting reports, "expert" pundit opinions and contracts, etc.

But I won't choose the same teams again.  I will definitely choose two new teams the next time.  Would hate to do the same team over, because I want the opportunity to learn about two other teams that I am not so knowledgeable about yet.   

I've done 2 of these mocks so far and had Jacksonville, Tennessee, Miami and just took over Cincinnati for someone who had to bow out.  I know so much more about these teams'  weaknesses and which players on the roster they are locked into due to long contracts with lots of dead money.  For example, this off season Tennessee guaranteed a total of $24 million over the next 3-4 years between OLB Derrick Morgan and OLB Brian Orapko.  No way in heck are they going to spend a very early pick on another OLB.  In Cincinnati, both starting corners, Hall and Kirkpatrick,  are entering the final year of their contracts and the Bengals have not extended yet.  If they were intent on keeping them, at least one of them would have been extended by now.  Look for the Bengals to take a CB early in this draft.  (That's why, when I took over the Bengals at the Hampur in round 4, I quickly traded up to get the best CB left on the board.  Not sure why my predecessor GM for Cinci didn't take a corner. )

I really like this sh*t.  My wife is ready to kill me, though.  But   :sign0102:

I would be happy to take a different team or two.  The reason I suggested keeping the Steelers was because I had such a short turnaround.  I never really knew when this draft was starting because I was on travel, which is how I missed my first pick.  I just checked my PMs, but the box was full so that didn't work so well!  With so much lead time I would take almost anybody. 

Beerfish has filed a tampering charge vs Lith with the commissioner and expects draft pick compensation to cover his pain and suffering.

=D>

I'm working the sheet a little with Lith over there at Hampur and he sent me access via interstate commerce (internet).  You have the makings of a RICO case.  Treble damages baby!

You Better call Saul!

=D>

I'm working the sheet a little with Lith over there at Hampur and he sent me access via interstate commerce (internet). You have the makings of a RICO case. Treble damages baby!

You Better call Saul!

At the advice of my attorney, I will have no further comment on this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take two teams if we run another draft, honestly a little bored with only one. 

Dolphins picks are in btw, and PM sent to Boozer.

Damn that's a sweet pair of back-to-back 5th round picks for Miami.  Nicely done.  

I picked Valles. Didnt see him selected yet. I am on a crap workblackberry and cant pm paradis. So somebody please do.it. if Valles is gone pick me some generic db.

Valles was a good pick.  He was still available.  PM sent to Paradis.

It most certainly isn't a race... it's a "walk-about"! LOL.

Not trying to be a prick... I'm just more of an obsessive compulsive with these sort of things. I'd drive an hour out of my way

to avoid sitting in traffic. Not a patient person when it comes to these things.

Actually, I'm surprised I stuck it out unlike some others. My parole officer will be so proud of me!! JK

It wasn't a race. It's just something to give us info on prospects we might not know of as well as give a football fix.

hey guys... I thought we stopping at round 5.  If you want to continue, I'll go along but I think most people settled on a 5 round mock this time.

We are going to set up a 7 round draft which will include the 32 comp picks and allow trades.  We are going to start around April 9th or 10th.  

Since we never added the 16 3rd, 4th, and 5th round comp picks, there are actually 16 players on the board now that would not be there in reality.  Add 9 more to that for 6th round comp picks for when we start up the 7th.

Are we done? TOmShane, I hate you with all my might but THANK YOU for moderating this sh*tshow. Anyone who's done it knows, it's a serious pain in the ass. YOu ROck. Just this once.

GOOD JOB EVERYBODY. That was fun!

Thank you, HessStation, but your approval of me makes my dick hurt.

hey guys... I thought we stopping at round 5.  If you want to continue, I'll go along but I think most people settled on a 5 round mock this time.

We are going to set up a 7 round draft which will include the 32 comp picks and allow trades.  We are going to start around April 9th or 10th.  

If 12 days = 5 rounds, then 7 rounds with all those extra Comp. picks will put you in the 21 day range. If you're starting on the 10th, the NFL draft will be starting during your 7th round.

Best Wishes!!!

A.D.D. man. :Banane43:

If 12 days = 5 rounds, then 7 rounds with all those extra Comp. picks will put you in the 21 day range. If you're starting on the 10th, the NFL draft will be starting during your 7th round.

Best Wishes!!!

A.D.D. man. :Banane43:

I hate math

Archived