2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compensatory Picks may be announced later today. If not today, then tomorrow. When they are announced, we should add those slots to the draft board. The earliest of them will likely be the end of the 4th round so we still have time to do it. If there's a 3rd rounder, which is very unlikely, we should give that team an immediate pick.

OK?

A couple of 3rd rounders are projected. Pats will probably get one for Talib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hau'oli Kikaha is a 1st round talent that just went in the 3rd round.

Denver is f'ing lucky. TomShane just stole my pick for Seattle.

That was going to be my DE/OLB. I just linked a video about him in another thread and then said "Maybe I shouldn't have done that" lol.

I've been watching that one for two days

2 ACL tears in college is likely to hurt Kikaha's draft stock.  He has been healthy last two seasons, but there is a durability risk.   If I recall, I don't think he had a very good senior bowl week either, but I could be confusing him with someone else. Good pick to gamble on the upside late in the 3rd.

Took Josh Robinson RB from Mississippi State for the Pats. I wanted Bennett the DT but Tom took him a couple picks before me. In real life I'd be shocked if Jay Ajayi wouldn't be availble in this slot, but here I took JB who is more of a late 4th or 5th. JB had a crappy combine, but he did a bit better on his pro day, and I really like his size and overall ability. I am not a big combine guy.

2 ACL tears in college is likely to hurt Kikaha's draft stock.  He has been healthy last two seasons, but there is a durability risk.   If I recall, I don't think he had a very good senior bowl week either, but I could be confusing him with someone else. Good pick to gamble on the upside late in the 3rd.

In the event that the Jets take the OL, WR, or (god forbid) QB in the first round, I wouldn't mind them using the 2nd round pick on Kikaha. I know the injury history is terrifying, but he's got everything else you'd want in that edge pass rusher, imo. 

In the event that the Jets take the OL, WR, or (god forbid) QB in the first round, I wouldn't mind them using the 2nd round pick on Kikaha. I know the injury history is terrifying, but he's got everything else you'd want in that edge pass rusher, imo. 

Im not as worried with the ACL injury. It was multiple seasons ago and since then all Kikaha does is sack QB's on a weekly basis. I would be concerned if it was this year of if he was a year removed, but he'll be going into his 3rd year removed from the injury by the time he's a rookie in the pros. Thats worth a look in the 2nd round. 

I'm a huge Jay Ajayi fan, and if he actually went to the Cowboys (likely in the 3rd round) I think he's a thousand yard rusher his rookie year.

Great pick!

Why Robinson in the 3rd for the pats, he is the same player that the pats picked in the 4th last year in White from Wisconsin, just not as good. (Stats 1,444 YDS, 13 TD, 300 REC YDS, 2 REC TD).  He is the reason Vereen was let go.  With Bolden, Gray, Blount, White, and Gaffney already on the roster, a 3rd is a few rounds high for where I think they would be looking at sombody later in the5 or 6th Like Brown from Florida or Brown from louisville- big punishing guys as this is Blounts last year.  Eric Rowe would be a good pick at the top of the 4th.

My friends, at the end of the fourth round, I will need to step away from modding the draft. Work demands just got buck wild and I'll keep up as best I can through the fourth. If you're planning on continuing through 7 rounds, everything is pretty much set up for y'all.  

Im not as worried with the ACL injury. It was multiple seasons ago and since then all Kikaha does is sack QB's on a weekly basis. I would be concerned if it was this year of if he was a year removed, but he'll be going into his 3rd year removed from the injury by the time he's a rookie in the pros. Thats worth a look in the 2nd round. 

I'd agree with all of that if the Jets didn't have this recent history of drafting guys with injury histories who came in and landed on IR repeatedly. I'd have to think that will weigh on their minds if/when Kikaha is discussed. 

Why Robinson in the 3rd for the pats, he is the same player that the pats picked in the 4th last year in White from Wisconsin, just not as good. (Stats 1,444 YDS, 13 TD, 300 REC YDS, 2 REC TD).  He is the reason Vereen was let go.  With Bolden, Gray, Blount, White, and Gaffney already on the roster, a 3rd is a few rounds high for where I think they would be looking at sombody later in the5 or 6th Like Brown from Florida or Brown from louisville- big punishing guys as this is Blounts last year.  Eric Rowe would be a good pick at the top of the 4th.

I hate the pats and their fans. That's why

My friends, at the end of the fourth round, I will need to step away from modding the draft. Work demands just got buck wild and I'll keep up as best I can through the fourth. If you're planning on continuing through 7 rounds, everything is pretty much set up for y'all.

I'm good with 4.

The spreadsheet you are using at Hampur is f'cking awesome Lith.  

When both these drafts are over, I'd love to do a do-over here with that tool and allow trading.  The Hampur draft is infinitely more fun because of it.  

A

The spreadsheet you are using at Hampur is f'cking awesome Lith.  

When both these drafts are over, I'd love to do a do-over here with that tool and allow trading.  The Hampur draft is infinitely more fun because of it.  

Thanks, Dcat.  Actually it was Jetscanes331 that gave me the idea of using google docs to track the draft.

Archived