JN Mafia Game Thread: The Outsiders

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had investigated JC instead of crusher, (i originally submitted JC but edited the PM to crusher before the mod saw it) I wouldn't have fought Nyn on crusher and Crusher would've been that days lynch. Then the pac mislynch would've made it game over for scum.

I don't think complaining scum really understand the math behind having 1/3 of the game as scum instead of 1/4. It's huge, we basically had to be near perfect AND get lucky, if Jif read my pm in a timely manner, we'd have lost

Right, but the fact is we successfully lynched scum on the first 3 days and still almost lost. I don't think I've ever seen that and in a normal setup, that's game over.

If the game was unbalanced it was in scum favor, if lizzie and nolder didn't screw up so badly it would've been easy win for them

Precisely.

If I had investigated JC instead of crusher, (i originally submitted JC but edited the PM to crusher before the mod saw it) I wouldn't have fought Nyn on crusher and Crusher would've been that days lynch. Then the pac mislynch would've made it game over for scum.

I don't think complaining scum really understand the math behind having 1/3 of the game as scum instead of 1/4. It's huge, we basically had to be near perfect AND get lucky, if Jif read my pm in a timely manner, we'd have lost

Then NYN would have been scum MVP rather than Town MVP.  Yeah that easy.   LOL

Then NYN would have been scum MVP rather than Town MVP.  Yeah that easy.   LOL

I dunno... there was one particular post that made me go all.... ok. And then I asked you gun to your head, who was scum. And I liked your reply. I think that's when I sort of came to a halt. But I won't lie, the cop clearing you put my mind at rest. I might have tinfoiled on you again later on.

I know that my ISOs aren't fool proof cause townies sometimes do stupid sh*t as well. Inconsistencies aren't done by scum alone 100% of the time. But this is the best way I have of scumhunting and it works more often than not.

No.

yeah it's really just a matter of putting things together..  I started out only slightly paying attention which is why I whiffed on Lizzie and Nolder..  I mean, Liz was so over the top I thought he was whiny town. 

As soon as I took a breath and actually read the game it was elementary...  Saw that Nyn had served her purpose and was ready to be trouble, verified CTM was a power role, cleared you, and sealed it with a bow by watching 80 kill JC.

Kind of felt bad for them so figured I'd let you lynch me while leaving 50 clues why 80 was scum...  shockingly town somehow still almost blew it but in the end we took it down..

yuuppp..  *sigh*

I know that my ISOs aren't fool proof cause townies sometimes do stupid sh*t as well. Inconsistencies aren't done by scum alone 100% of the time. But this is the best way I have of scumhunting and it works more often than not.

i think you had a wonderful game,  just as an exercise...

you specifically iso'd pac, crusher and leelou and got them all wrong, no? You iso'd 80 and got it right, but seemed to have a lot of trepidation like it was more of a guess.

You caught Nolder and Lizzie just in the course of normal game play though, correct?

Seems like this game, the iso's were your achilles heal ;)

i think you had a wonderful game,  just as an exercise...

you specifically iso'd pac, crusher and leelou and got them all wrong, no? You iso'd 80 and got it right, but seemed to have a lot of trepidation like it was more of a guess.

You caught Nolder and Lizzie just in the course of normal game play though, correct?

Seems like this game, the iso's were your achilles heal ;)

I ISOed Crusher and Pac. Maybe Nolder too? I'm not sure. I might have ISOed 80 too... but his wasn't that extensive if I recall. I summarized it.

Lee I didn't ISO and that's on me. Mostly because from all the times I've played with her I never saw her as the lurky coasting kind of scum, so I gave her a pass. And I was wrong to.

I ISOed Crusher and Pac. Maybe Nolder too? I'm not sure. I might have ISOed 80 too... but his wasn't that extensive if I recall. I summarized it.

Lee I didn't ISO and that's on me. Mostly because from all the times I've played with her I never saw her as the lurky coasting kind of scum, so I gave her a pass. And I was wrong to.

ok, so 0 for 2 on iso's ... :)

Next game I'll lay low on ISOs I think. Maybe it's true that I do better when I'm more care free and less.... obsessed.

I think iso's are good to support a gut feeling but sometimes get you in trouble when going against your gut. Pac is a perfect example, all game my gut was saying clueless townie.. and it was right, he actually was so clueless he tried to kill you

But once I went back and read his posts on their own, I convinced myself he was scum. Then when you did the detailed iso, I was 100% convinced. Seriously, the iso you did on Pac was one of the most convincing I've seen.. and it was wrong.. lol

I think iso's are good to support a gut feeling but sometimes get you in trouble when going against your gut. Pac is a perfect example, all game my gut was saying clueless townie.. and it was right, he actually was so clueless he tried to kill you

But once I went back and read his posts on their own, I convinced myself he was scum. Then when you did the detailed iso, I was 100% convinced. Seriously, the iso you did on Pac was one of the most convincing I've seen.. and it was wrong.. lol

All an ISO does is depict what a player has done and see if it fits a scum mold. I know he ended up being a townie... but he acted like I'd expect a scum to act.

To the people complaining about balance:  you're wrong.  There were so many pitfalls for town, and scum had a GF and RB.  As was already said, if I lived, I would have ended up driving the town right off the cliff. 

Best move was killing me, lol.  I feel like the Ape now.

Gross.

I think there's value to rereading players, especially after we get some flips. And if I'm not gonna explain in detail why I find them suspicious, then how am I supposed to have a solid push?

all i'm saying is that iso's can do as much harm as good, not to stop doing them. I do them, i just don't quote all the posts, i read them and kinda note highlights

I've learned, right or wrong, to trust my gut first and foremost, and then iso, if it lines up with a gut feeling, it's usually pretty solid.

I think there is something to be said for instinct, I used to be an extremely analytical player but made some stupid plays cause they were by the book. Heck, even investigating you last game.. it was the right thing to do from a logical standpoint, but my gut was saying no way you were scum and I'd be wasting my last investigation.

To the people complaining about balance:  you're wrong.  There were so many pitfalls for town, and scum had a GF and RB.  As was already said, if I lived, I would have ended up driving the town right off the cliff. 

Best move was killing me, lol.  I feel like the Ape now.

Gross.

This was the one time that, after the fact, I regretted killing you. It was also the first time that when I killed you, it wasn't for the lulz.  FML.

All an ISO does is depict what a player has done and see if it fits a scum mold. I know he ended up being a townie... but he acted like I'd expect a scum to act.

yes he did, townies often do. 

Oh well..

and ftr.. You should keep doing what you are doing, you are a very good player.. I'm more or less defending my own position of not doing iso's like I used to ;)

I'm too bias to say if being investigated was the right call or not. I really wanted you to narrow down the pool for me between Pac, 80 and Lily. Since investigating me did not help with that from my POV lol I wasn't as pleased... but on the other hand investigating me meant no more tinfoiling and we could work together more effectively.

It made me happy, that's for sure.  First time all game.

Archived