I want Glennon!!

jetsrebirth

I wanted to see the Jets draft Glennon and instead they drafted Geno, and he looks even better than I thought he would look as a pro. If TB drafts Winston, make a deal for Glennon!

I am all in on the Villan train! Glennon can be the guy to take this team to the next level, get it done Big Mac!!

Mike Glennon is going NOWHERE this year, he is the only QB on the Bucs roster, and might even beat out Winston this season to start the year, IF Winston proves he is capable of being a franchise QB then Glennon will get traded next off season.

I wanted to see the Jets draft Glennon and instead they drafted Geno, and he looks even better than I thought he would look as a pro. If TB drafts Winston, make a deal for Glennon!

I am all in on the Villan train! Glennon can be the guy to take this team to the next level, get it done Big Mac!!

LOOK AT THE CARNAGE THAT I'VE CREATED!!!!

Dont hate son! lol. 

Spent a good portion of the evening out with friends the other night telling them why the Jets need to make a move for Glennon...keeping the faith!!

Spent a good portion of the evening out with friends the other night telling them why the Jets need to make a move for Glennon...keeping the faith!!

I've been doing most of my rounds on the net. Most people in Germany couldnt care less unfortunately. They're into this sport where scoring 2 points is alot and you cant use your hands. 

Crazy, I know...lol. 

I've been doing most of my rounds on the net. Most people in Germany couldnt care less unfortunately. They're into this sport where scoring 2 points is alot and you cant use your hands. 

Crazy, I know...lol. 

But you never know until you try!

Side note....went to a pro soccer game once....really cool for about ninety seconds...spent the rest of the time staring at my watch.

Again, why would Tampa Bay give him up?  he's a cheap backup and might be the man if Winston flubs?

Again, why not give him up for a 3rd round pick if you're picking a QB with the 1st pick of the draft and you still need offensive lineman. Imagine picking up Winston then drafting AJ Cann with that 3rd rounder. 

What would be more important, having that backup that you will for sure need because Winston will get destroyed behind that oline or picking up another starting guard and being able to protect your new investment with the current investment you obviously dont want? 

If its a cheap back up they're looking for then they're even more of a backwards organization then I originally thought. 

If the bolded is true you have very low standards. 

I feel you. I cant get with it at all. I've heard some crazy soccer fan stories though. 

Yeah...they don't let opposing fans sit amongst each other in England.  Visiting fans have one section in the uppers that is released 10-15 minutes before the home fans when the game ends.

Yet he's so popular with the people who think he's overrated. Quite odd actually. I think Mariota is overrated, you dont see me stating it in every mariota/draft thread.

There's just been a ton of threads about Glennon and it really makes me wonder what you guys are looking at. Though I feel Mariota is vastly overrated as well, so at least we can agree on something

Yeah...they don't let opposing fans sit amongst each other in England.  Visiting fans have one section in the uppers that is released 10-15 minutes before the home fans when the game ends.

Im not surprised. I went to an appliance store shopping yesterday and a guy that I was doing business with had a "big bird yellow" Mercedes Benz Kompresser with the BVB 09 soccer team logo all over the car

Borussia_Dortmund_Logo.png

I didnt know that it was a soccer team logo, I thought it was his company logo. But as we began to speak and he realized that my German is still pretty crappy, we started talking (in english) about sports and this guy you can tell is a whole other kind of soccer fan! lol. I love the dedication, but he looks like if you were to disrespect his team it would be equivalent to slapping one of his kids or something. 

I guess its weird to see when its not Football. lol. 

Again, why not give him up for a 3rd round pick if you're picking a QB with the 1st pick of the draft and you still need offensive lineman. Imagine picking up Winston then drafting AJ Cann with that 3rd rounder. 

What would be more important, having that backup that you will for sure need because Winston will get destroyed behind that oline or picking up another starting guard and being able to protect your new investment with the current investment you obviously dont want? 

If its a cheap back up they're looking for then they're even more of a backwards organization then I originally thought. 

You need a backup, especially when you're hoping to start a rookie. If the Bucs had held onto Josh McCown then maybe I could see Mike Glennon being available, but they didn't. Glennon's their backup this season, he's not going anywhere. Yet. 

You need a backup, especially when you're hoping to start a rookie. If the Bucs had held onto Josh McCown then maybe I could see Mike Glennon being available, but they didn't. Glennon's their backup this season, he's not going anywhere. Yet. 

Im not saying that you dont, but its not like they cant get a back up. If you're taking a guy #1 in the draft you must have some sort of confidence in his ability, especially if you're moving forward from the guy that you currently have. If you can get a player to protect your new guy with your old guy then why not do that? 

Remember, im coming from the position that believes that their QB wasnt the problem on the field to begin with, but their offensive line, their WR's dropping passes and the overall incompetence as an organization. What I can say is that there are legit holes in 4 of the 5 positions on the offensive line. Keeping what they look at as a back up and not taking a high pick to invest in the oline is just as bad as drafting a QB #1 when yo dont even need one. 

So I agree with you, I just dont agree with the execution of the O-line and valuing your back up QB more than your starting Olinemen who is there to protect whatever QB is on the field.  

If Glennon had all this great potential then TB  should keep him and get a sh*t load of picks for the #1 spot.

Shhh.... you are making way too much sense.  That said, I can see them keeping him as insurance for Winston/Mariota and then trading him next year unless some qb gets hurt in camp or something then he could go sooner. 

I feel you. I cant get with it at all. I've heard some crazy soccer fan stories though. 

I actually have grown to like soccer.  I did not used to.  I think it might be the announcers.  I hate American sports announcers, except for the golf guys.  Too noisy, and too loquacious.  Of course, I like football ten times more.  My ideal football announcer:  Ray Scott.  My ideal baseball announcer: Red Barber.

If the bolded is true you have very low standards. 

?? I think he looked very good last year given a crap offensive line. I liked him as a project coming out of college, I think he is the real deal right now, in terms of I think he can be a top 10-12 QB this year.

Again, why would Tampa Bay give him up?  he's a cheap backup and might be the man if Winston flubs?

If Winston flubs, they are pretty much screwed as a regime anyway. They take Winston 1st overall they are all in on him, you don't survive him as a bust.

Pass. He isn't getting us anywhere near a Lombardi.

Pass. He isn't getting us anywhere near a Lombardi.

Mike Glennon will be the best QB this team has had since Namath. Granted, thats not saying much but I think he could be a top half QB in this league every year. With our defense and running game that could certainly get us to be competitive in the playoffs. 

Archived