Brandon Marshall Re-Structures Contract

JetNation

Still trying to wrap my head around the notion that an increase of 600K per year, and guaranteeing this year of a contract on a player whose addition was a major piece of THIS offseason, has any implication at all for Wilkerson.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still trying to wrap my head around the notion that an increase of 600K per year, and guaranteeing this year of a contract on a player whose addition was a major piece of THIS offseason, has any implication at all for Wilkerson.

Because it doesn't.

lol, so we guaranteed his 2015 salary and promised to give him an extra 1.3mil over 3 years. ZOMGS!!!! If you must know, his 2015 salary was already guaranteed per his old contract. So we weren't releasing him in 2015 regardless. Guaranteeing his current year salary means nothing. And not sure where the 7.5mil figure for 2015 came from. He was scheduled to make 9mil from day one so the only thing Jets gave him was an incentive to earn more while guaranteeing some pocket change month (400k a yr).

Shoot Macc for honoring his words.

Thats not accurate. Check your math.

If you dont know me why would venture a guess ?  All I see is personal attacks. Unless your life is so empty that you get off on things like that.

Otherwise next time stick to the football aspect of it.

When you contribute something football worthy I will until then you are a punching bag with a very bad opinion of things. 

So far the response from the is negative voting and personal attacks and just trying to focus on the extra money paid is no big deal.

No one has dared to look at what the entire deal now cost's the JETS and how it's not the stroke of genius it was once made out to be.

It's 1.7 mil over three years. It's not going to cost the team anything. Stop throwing out what the deal will cost the Jets. Admit you overreacted and move on already.

So far the response from the is negative voting and personal attacks and just trying to focus on the extra money paid is no big deal.

No one has dared to look at what the entire deal now cost's the JETS and how it's not the stroke of genius it was once made out to be.

It's 1.7 mil over three years. It's not going to cost the team anything. Stop throwing out what the deal will cost the Jets. Admit you overreacted and move on already.

Right on cue. Cannot make this up.

At the end of the day this was a awful deal and the ONLY hope here is he lasts the entire season and has the kind of impact he has except last season.

Right on cue. Cannot make this up.

At the end of the day this was a awful deal and the ONLY hope here is he lasts the entire season and has the kind of impact he has except last season.

On cue? Why the **** do you post on a public forum if you don't like people responding to you? Especially when you throw nonsense out there.

He's had one major injury his whole career and you keep repeating over and over like a retarded child that you're worried about him given his injuries. Anyone can get injured. Leaving the real only hope, that's him catching 100+ passes, like he has 5 of his 8 seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/30/jets-give-brandon-marshall-a-raise/

For 2015, Marshall has gone from a $7.5 million base salary and $200,000 workout bonus to a fully guaranteed $9 million base salary, with no workout bonus. Marshall is getting an even bigger raise in 2016, when he goes from a $7.9 million base salary to a $9.5 million base salary.

Based on this article the deal works out to be an extra 2.9 million over 2 years.

On cue? Why the **** do you post on a public forum if you don't like people responding to you? Especially when you throw nonsense out there.

He's had one major injury his whole career and you keep repeating over and over like a retarded child that you're worried about him given his injuries. Anyone can get injured

:face:

Are you that dense.

Injuries to NFL players after age 30 coming from an injury riddled season....no big deal...why should it be..it's not like they might hamper a player...or cause a subpar season...how about a draft pick and a raise......Genius.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/30/jets-give-brandon-marshall-a-raise/

For 2015, Marshall has gone from a $7.5 million base salary and $200,000 workout bonus to a fully guaranteed $9 million base salary, with no workout bonus. Marshall is getting an even bigger raise in 2016, when he goes from a $7.9 million base salary to a $9.5 million base salary.

Based on this article the deal works out to be an extra 2.9 million over 2 years.

Are you going to argue forever? The total deal went from 24.3 mil to up to 26 mil. Up to 1.7 mil. Simple math. The second year isn't guaranteed. Neither is the third. If he's worth it, he gets the addition chump change. If not they cut ties.

:face:

Are you that dense.

Injuries to NFL players after age 30 coming from an injury riddled season....no big deal...why should it be..it's not like they might hamper a player...or cause a subpar season...how about a draft pick and a raise......Genius.

Injury riddled? Define.

Next time you accuse someone of calling names, remember what a twat you are when you're cornered for being a moron and arguing with anyone who doesn't agree with your idiotic ideas.

You don't understand math, football, trades or medical history. Congrats

Are you going to argue forever? The total deal went from 24.3 mil to up to 26 mil. Up to 1.7 mil. Simple math. The second year isn't guaranteed. Neither is the third. If he's worth it, he gets the addition chump change. If not they cut ties.

You can keep banging your head against the wall over and over. And just as i predicted look at only the extra money and label its no big deal. Easy to delude your own self now you made the pro Marshall trade stand.

The entire trade does not look like the work of genius it was made out to be. It was a horrible trade to begin with and this made it worse.

The irony is a lot of people argued when the trade happened that it was a GOOD move because hey he is a bargain at 7.5 mill salary for one year.

Injury riddled? Define.

Next time you accuse someone of calling names, remember what a twat you are when you're cornered for being a moron and arguing with anyone who doesn't agree with your idiotic ideas.

You don't understand math, football, trades or medical history. Congrats

You can google that info. I am sure you will find it and share it with us. Good nite.

You can keep banging your head against the wall over and over. And just as i predicted look at only the extra money and label its no big deal. Easy to delude your own self now you made the pro Marshall trade stand.

The entire trade does not look like the work of genius it was made out to be. It was a horrible trade to begin with and this made it worse.

The irony is a lot of people argued when the trade happened that it was a GOOD move because hey he is a bargain at 7.5 mill salary for one year.

No one gives a damn that a WR who regularly catches 100+ passes a year needs to be had at a discount rate to make him worth a 5. Just like no one, anywhere called it anything close to a horrible trade. In fact the opposite is true, his acquisition is counted as a major upgrade. Give it up

I  am just giving you the benefit of doubt that you can use Google at a 5th graders level. Share with us the injuries he had in the injury riddled 2014 season with links.

You're a arrogant prick. GFY

Its the price of a trade. Im not thrilled with it but Im not really surprised by it either. I said all along that the GM hire was going to sell himself as the complete opposite of Idzik which is what Mac has been, But for most of these guys its essentially a one year deal except for Revis and, insanely, Harris. Ill take Marshall for the extra $1.3M. If the team stinks hell be gone next year so I dont look at 2016 right now anyway. 

He was rated the 3rd best 3-4 DE

He vanished for stretches. He had two sacks in the first 7 games last year. Had a down year. When u assign the 3-4 designation, half the players get taken out of the grading.

Again, top 10, maybe top 5, but certainly not the best after JJ...yet at least.

He vanished for stretches. He had two sacks in the first 7 games last year. Had a down year. When u assign the 3-4 designation, half the players get taken out of the grading.

Again, top 10, maybe top 5, but certainly not the best after JJ...yet at least.

All of which has nothing to do with where he was rated.

And that you're doing what everyone does, grading him by sacks. And he was as a 3-4 DE because that's the position he plays and 3-4 vs 4-3 is a different position. They're graded differently.

Hahaha...so at first you were pretending to be ignorant about his injuries and now you are belligerent.

If there are no injuries issues last season and he was completly healthy why not let the world know how wrong I am with proof.

Find where I said he wasn't injured. Post it. Show me.

I said it was his first major injury. No one can be this stupid. Really, you're joking right? You can't have this many people tell you you're clueless without it sinking in.

Read the article:

"According to ESPN.com, this was likely a tactic utilized by Gang Green to satisfy Marshall who was attracting multiple suitors once made available via trade."

I don't give a sh*t. If that's the case, how come Wilk doesn't have a contract yet? I don't care about satisfying Marshall. We did not give him that extension he got in Chicago. Our focus needs to be on Wilk.

This was pointless. Absolutely pointless.

Find where I said he wasn't injured. Post it. Show me.

I said it was his first major injury. No one can be this stupid. Really, you're joking right? You can't have this many people tell you you're clueless without it sinking in.

LOL. Wow.. speak of short term memory loss.

You were wanting to know if he was injury riddled last season. I told you to use Google.

Archived