Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You keep mentioning Loki, are being way more measured than usual, and have avoided any and all confrontation.

It's the final game of the season and I wanted to finish strong.  I was early on both the Ape and Lily trains, unlike some of these hedging mother f*ckers I've been making my votes and staying firm. 

And I'm sorry, are we not still trying to find out who Loki is?  Is this not an important point?  Not one of you has yet to respond to my theory on the mechanics behind Loki's role.

As for JiF, I agree that we can afford to wait on him.  Fact is we don't know if Loki is the SK.  Loki, at least per the Marvel movies, is all about deception.  He kills as well but that's not his primary characteristic.  His powers include being able to disguise himself as others or flat out disappear, and reappear somewhere else.  He's more of a "Trickster" than a killer.  Something like a Framer role makes a lot more sense than a killer for Loki.  If the role matches the character I really doubt Loki is the SK.  Regardless, I think we should let this play out at the moment.

My guess for now is JiF is just a dumb vig.

^^^ Anyone want to discuss this?  Yep, I was wrong on JiF.  Primarily because Lily decided not to give us any intel on who she shot at before getting run up.

has allana even voted the last 2 days? I feel like lots of content, not pushing, no voting..

NOPE! lol Not unusual for me though. I don't like to throw serious votes down without having all the information I can get.

I voted Seph for a bit on d1. I'm willing to revisit that vote in the future.

Lets face it, Lilly was lynched for being an Apette.. It might be a good sacrifice to discourage future apettes

Yep.  4th vote (and what turned out to be the final vote) on JC's competing train.  Played scummy the entire game.  Can't pin this on bad town play.  In a game where town lacks info, it was IMPERATIVE she told us who she targeted with her Night Action as she was being run up.  Even if she didn't know she was the vig, it would have helped us sort out the JiF claiming he shot Hallia scenario before taking her out.  Our Night Actions are the closest thing we have to a reveal available to us.

The fact that it was rushed means scum was on the train too. 

Alanna,town isn't going blind on NKs because we have dingbat Jif doing the killing. Since he's outed hes easily isolated. JiF has a good chance of killing scum.

We should be scum hunting and Lily is a great choice

I'm starting to doubt your analysis/motives.

As for JiF, I agree that we can afford to wait on him.  Fact is we don't know if Loki is the SK.  Loki, at least per the Marvel movies, is all about deception.  He kills as well but that's not his primary characteristic.  His powers include being able to disguise himself as others or flat out disappear, and reappear somewhere else.  He's more of a "Trickster" than a killer.  Something like a Framer role makes a lot more sense than a killer for Loki.  If the role matches the character I really doubt Loki is the SK.  Regardless, I think we should let this play out at the moment.

My guess for now is JiF is just a dumb vig.

You are very engaged/focused this game.  Why the sudden change?

You are very engaged/focused this game.  Why the sudden change?

1.  Trying to get better at this game.  Ape's comments about me ruining games for 5 years, while untrue, sting nonetheless.  (But don't tell him that)

2.  It's a Doggin game and he deserves my best, since he's the reason we're all here anyways.

3.  In a game with no reveals, communication amongst the town and the best possible scum-hunting are essential to victory.

<_<

Two different answers. It think that it helps he was pushing Ape early on I think. I'll just add  him to my ISO list just in case. Not doing that yet though, maybe later ugh sleep.

He'll throw dirt on the Ape early and often as any alignment.  The Ape usually earns that.

Thor, with his hammer, makes sense as the vig.  Like I mentioned before, Odin, Thor and Frigga are the likely power roles.  We know what Thor is, so we have a good idea what Odin and Frigga would be.

Thus, again, IF YOU HAVE ODIN OR FRIGGA, use your night action accordingly.

The game shouldn't have two vigs.  Completely imbalanced so JiF must be Loki.

I think I still need to respond to JC from his responses and I think Lizzie responded to my post as well, but being that I'm falling asleep at my computer I think it's time for bed

80 <_<

so do any DM'ers operate on a diurnal schedule?

1.  Trying to get better at this game.  Ape's comments about me ruining games for 5 years, while untrue, sting nonetheless.  (But don't tell him that)

2.  It's a Doggin game and he deserves my best, since he's the reason we're all here anyways.

3.  In a game with no reveals, communication amongst the town and the best possible scum-hunting are essential to victory.

4.  Also, coffee.

The game shouldn't have two vigs.  Completely imbalanced so JiF must be Loki.

Or a townie who targeted Hallia but had no powers.  Again, would have helped had Lily told us who she targeted.  Her failing to do so forces us to lynch JiF tomorrow and potentially let others skate. 

Thor, with his hammer, makes sense as the vig.  Like I mentioned before, Odin, Thor and Frigga are the likely power roles.  We know what Thor is, so we have a good idea what Odin and Frigga would be.

Thus, again, IF YOU HAVE ODIN OR FRIGGA, use your night action accordingly.

The game shouldn't have two vigs.  Completely imbalanced so JiF must be Loki

As someone who knows the source material, you should clarify who you think each would be in case whomever owns those characters doesn't know

As someone who knows the source material, you should clarify who you think each would be in case whomever owns those characters doesn't know

Odin is Thor's Dad and Frigga is Odin's wife.  Both tend to be very wise and thus some form of investigative role is probable.  Odin is the "protector of Asgard".

Odin is Thor's Dad and Frigga is Odin's wife.  Both tend to be very wise and thus some form of investigative role is probable.  Odin is the "protector of Asgard".

Yeah, Frigga (aka Frigg) is known for her foreknowledge and wisdom.  Odin is the most powerful being in Asgard.  I would think Odin would be the cop, but Frigga fits that role because of her wisdom, which leaves Odin to be the doc

Or a townie who targeted Hallia but had no powers.  Again, would have helped had Lily told us who she targeted.  Her failing to do so forces us to lynch JiF tomorrow and potentially let others skate. 

If Lily killed Hallia and didn't fess up to it, that would be bad.

Yeah, Frigga (aka Frigg) is known for her foreknowledge and wisdom.  Odin is the most powerful being in Asgard.  I would think Odin would be the cop, but Frigga fits that role because of her wisdom, which leaves Odin to be the doc

Heimdall could also be the Doc.  I assume he's in the game for sure.

Heimdall could also be the Doc.  I assume he's in the game for sure.

Yes, I agree.  Heimdall could also be the doc since he guards the rainbow bridge.

Come to think of it IF YOU ARE HEIMDALL there is a good chance you are the doc.  Act accordingly.

Archived