Fans Boo Geno at MetLife Practice

Freemanm

Bryce Petty.  Give the rookie a shot.

We'll be screaming for him in Week 5, might as well start now.

SAR I

Says the guy who wanted us to draft Matt Leinart.   Why not just quit while you are ahead?   Petty is not ready yet; you can scream for him in week 5, 6 or 7 and that still won't change anything. If a move is to be made, it will be Fitz because that is why he was brought here.  Can we PLEASE let Petty sit and learn or have we learned NOTHING from rushing Sanchez and Geno? .

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says the guy who wanted us to draft Matt Leinart.   Why not just quit while you are ahead?   Petty is not ready yet; you can scream for him in week 5, 6 or 7 and that still won't change anything. If a move is to be made, it will be Fitz because that is why he was brought here.  Can we PLEASE let Petty sit and learn or have we learned NOTHING from rushing Sanchez and Geno? .

Copy/Paste the posts with the names of all the players you wanted to draft since 2006 and let's see how you weren't wrong on any of them, they're all on their way to Canton.

Fitzpatrick looks like he's still not 100% off of last year's injury and the new NFL time and again has success stories with newb QB's making strong contributions. 

Anything but Geno Smith works for me.

SAR I

Copy/Paste the posts with the names of all the players you wanted to draft since 2006 and let's see how you weren't wrong on any of them, they're all on their way to Canton.

Fitzpatrick looks like he's still not 100% off of last year's injury and the new NFL time and again has success stories with newb QB's making strong contributions. 

Anything but Geno Smith works for me.

SAR I

Valid point but the difference is you came off as if you knew better than anyone else.  We are all wrong from time to time so a little humility is a good thing. 

Regarding Fitz, we are in the preseason.  Fitz will be fine by the time the regular season starts and if Geno implodes, he will be there.   Personally I think Geno is going to play pretty well so it will be a moot point.  The bottom line is the only way Petty should see the field is if both qbs go down and if that happens we are ****ed anyway.  

I was at that practice Saturday.  Petty holds the ball for an eternity.  Actually, noticeably longer than Geno who holds it an eternity.  Eternity plus.

The dude is not ready; I don't know why folks don't seem to get this.  Geno was more NFL ready coming out than Petty and that is really saying something. 

Valid point but the difference is you came off as if you knew better than anyone else.  We are all wrong from time to time so a little humility is a good thing. 

Regarding Fitz, we are in the preseason.  Fitz will be fine by the time the regular season starts and if Geno implodes, he will be there.   Personally I think Geno is going to play pretty well so it will be a moot point.  The bottom line is the only way Petty should see the field is if both qbs go down and if that happens we are ****ed anyway.  

I just don't want to see us saddled with Geno because Fitz is injured and we're too afraid to go to Bryce.

Think of it this way:  If Fitzpatrick weren't on the team and the only choice was between Geno Smith and Bryce Petty, who would you give the ball to against Cleveland?  Let's get Petty some reps and see what he looks like in preseason.

I see the future and I don't like it.  We've seen what happens when a new HC and GM inherit the old regime's QB and it isn't pretty.  Parcells with O'Donnell.  Edwards with Testaverde, Mangini with Pennington, just about the only thing that we did right with Ryan was give him a clean slate and a new QB to break in.  Those first two seasons, didn't turn out too badly.

SAR I

I just don't want to see us saddled with Geno because Fitz is injured and we're too afraid to go to Bryce.

Think of it this way:  If Fitzpatrick weren't on the team and the only choice was between Geno Smith and Bryce Petty, who would you give the ball to against Cleveland?  Let's get Petty some reps and see what he looks like in preseason.

I see the future and I don't like it.  We've seen what happens when a new HC and GM inherit the old regime's QB and it isn't pretty.  Parcells with O'Donnell.  Edwards with Testaverde, Mangini with Pennington, just about the only thing that we did right with Ryan was give him a clean slate and a new QB to break in.  Those first two seasons, didn't turn out too badly.

SAR I

What part of Bryce is not ready are you missing???  I am giving the ball to Geno, period.  Bryce will get reps; just not with the first team.  Stop living in the past.  This CS has nothing to do with those previous regimes.   Accept the fact that we don't have a franchise qb on this roster, at least not one who is ready to step in and play.  

Why does this team continually sign slug QB backups who cant play if the starter falters to name a few Mirer,Brunell,Vick and now Fitzpatrick.

A few weeks ago Fitz was a savior. All I heard was he's better than Geno. I think you might have said it too.

Now because Geno is playing really well Fitz sucks? I always wonder, who should we have signed this year to backup Geno. And last year? Think it was generally reported that Vick was the best available backup a year ago and Fitz this year.

Why does this team continually sign slug QB backups who cant play if the starter falters to name a few Mirer,Brunell,Vick and now Fitzpatrick. 

Did you see who the Vikings had playing QB last night? We can't even find an average starter...

Dude there aren't even 32 people on the planet that can play at a quality starting QB level and you expect us to sign one off the heap like its no big deal? There's a reason Russell Wilson just got paid a sh*t ton of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few weeks ago Fitz was a savior. All I heard was he's better than Geno. I think you might have said it too.

Now because Geno is playing really well Fitz sucks? I always wonder, who should we have signed this year to backup Geno. And last year? Think it was generally reported that Vick was the best available backup a year ago and Fitz this year.

NEVER Im all in on Geno Smith have been 

NEVER Im all in on Geno Smith have been

Well you asked why we signed scrubs like Vick and Fitz. Who was available that we should have signed? You just can't sign anyone you want, have to pick from what's available, right?

Archived