Fans Boo Geno at MetLife Practice

Freemanm

I have been one of the bigger Geno supporters and I'm generally am optimist but I have no problem booing Geno. He hasn't deserved anything better. I'm rooting for him but if he can't handle/overcome the pressure of some booing in practice then we are in big trouble.

I hope he gets booed and I hope he hears it and more than anything I hope he overcomes it and learns to use it as motivation. I doubt brady would let some booing get to him, in fact it would probably motivate him to play better.

This is year 3 for Geno, the kid gloves are off.

40 years of doing the same thing and you wonder why the results are the same. It takes time to develop a QB. Geno Smith maybe in his 3rd year as a pro, but it's his 1st year with Gailey. It's funny how Jet fans expect this kid to have mastered an offensive scheme in 3 months when they have not mastered common decency in 40 years.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Jets do not have back-to-back Championships.  They had back-to-back AFC Championship game appearances, both of which they lost.  Big difference.  How did Rex get them there?  Well, for one, he inherited a very strong roster from Mangini.  That roster, under Rex, gradually became worse and 

Was that the same roster that went 4-12 in 2007??

Was that the same roster that went 4-12 in 2007??

That roster was fully developed by 2009.   Mangold, Brick, Revis  amongst others.  Bad comparison on your part as well as the fact we went 9-7 and were lucky to get in the playoffs. Heck...REX was so out of touch he thought we were eliminated with the Atlanta loss.  THAT is REX Ryan.  Not going to offensive meetings, not taking responsibility for a team, just a defense. 

That roster was fully developed by 2009.   Mangold, Brick, Revis  amongst others.  Bad comparison on your part as well as the fact we went 9-7 and were lucky to get in the playoffs. Heck...REX was so out of touch he thought we were eliminated with the Atlanta loss.  THAT is REX Ryan.  Not going to offensive meetings, not taking responsibility for a team, just a defense. 

So when they went 10-6 in 2006 the roster wasn't developed so the 4-12 in 2007 didn't count?? And Mangini did a great job developing a future HOF QB in 2008 I suppose?? Funny the QB that he got rid of took over a 1-15 team and led them to the playoffs with a better record then Mangini had.. I always enjoy your posts Southpark.. :animal0029:

Play good and he he wont get bood. Its very simple.

I am not a big Geno fan, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. If Darrelle Revis has a bad game, you think we should boo him? On top of that, I heard Geno actually played really good on Saturday besides the lost fumble.

I am not a big Geno fan, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. If Darrelle Revis has a bad game, you think we should boo him? On top of that, I heard Geno actually played really good on Saturday besides the lost fumble.

If Geno as a QB played as well as Revis does as a CB he would never hear boo's he would be on a fast track to the HOF..

Easy it wasn't his team he inherited a decent core group of guys in skilled positions poor coaching decisions lost us both games. 

Well,  if you are going to give credit,  other than the HC, for 2 championship games then you must have others share the blame for the losses over the next 4 years.  Can't have it both ways. Also,  Marv Levy took the Bills to 4 straight SB's but didn't win one.  I hardly doubt anyone would call Marv Levy a poor coach.

Well,  if you are going to give credit,  other than the HC, for 2 championship games then you must have others share the blame for the losses over the next 4 years.  Can't have it both ways. Also,  Marv Levy took the Bills to 4 straight SB's but didn't win one.  I hardly doubt anyone would call Marv Levy a poor coach.

Your missing the point Jean the idea is not only to paint Rex as a horrible Coach but somehow blame him for cancer,the start of ISIS and the terrible Iran deal.. I'm pretty sure he had a hand in hurricane Sandy as well.. :winking0001:

Your missing the point Jean the idea is not only to paint Rex as a horrible Coach but somehow blame him for cancer,the start of ISIS and the terrible Iran deal.. I'm pretty sure he had a hand in hurricane Sandy as well.. :winking0001:

I get it Savage and I agree

Blue collar, white collar, PSL, general admission, watch game at the baR.....spin it however you wish its all low brow SAR.

You want culture go to the effin opera. Does the Met have PSL's?

Since this was the first time in the history of MetLife Stadium that we've had an organized open-to-the-public event which featured more non-ticket holders than ticket holders it's germane to point out that the behavior often attributed to the white collar PSL owners was found in the blue collar watch-on-TV types.

Nothing wrong with either behavior, by the way.  Just saying we PSL owners often get a bad rep that's unwarranted, last night was some proof.

SAR I

Todd Bowles and Mac will do very well by the Jets.  I also believe Rex will do well by the Bills.  It's a win-win situation.  Be happy and move forward.

That photo was Bowles and Macca laughing at your post.

Rex will change your culture and make you feel energized and it will brainwash you into thinking he has the skills of a proper NFL head coach.  By the time you realize the scam, your offense will have been turned into the laughing stock of the league for half a decade at a minimum.  Apologies in advance.  And if you belonged to any other division in the NFL I'd feel bad for you, but you had your day back in the 90's and inflicted enough torture on the AFC East back then, I see no reason to pity the Bills until the Jets win it all and in the post-Ryan era that's sadly a long, long way off.

SAR I

The problem is that now the media have grabbed hold of this. The fans just gave them a story. Just like they did with the banners. Those fans should be banned for our fanbase. How stupid a waste of money is when people (such as myself) are not making sh*t, and you go out there and fly banners.

That is why people hate the Jets instead of they politely ignoring them, which I will take over hate any day

Both of the above are spot on.  geno cashes some nice paychecks....  booing comes with it.  Dont want to be boo'd???  Stop playing or play better. 

If that's the case then every Jet player should be booed when they walk on the field , they all make obscene money and none of them have a delivered a SB in 45+ years . The fact that Jet fans booed our starting QB in a pre season practice is despicable.  Did those same "fans" boo Sheldon Richardson . 

Booing at a practice is MORONIC!!!  Anyone trying to excuse that behavior by saying it helps

emulate the season is clueless.  Practice is just that, practicing to see what plays/formations

work and don't work.  If they can't do it in a practice without getting booed, when can they???

Grow up, in addition it allows the media to paint the fan base as idiotic

That photo was Bowles and Macca laughing at your post.

Rex will change your culture and make you feel energized and it will brainwash you into thinking he has the skills of a proper NFL head coach.  By the time you realize the scam, your offense will have been turned into the laughing stock of the league for half a decade at a minimum.  Apologies in advance.  And if you belonged to any other division in the NFL I'd feel bad for you, but you had your day back in the 90's and inflicted enough torture on the AFC East back then, I see no reason to pity the Bills until the Jets win it all and in the post-Ryan era that's sadly a long, long way off.

SAR I

Yes,  we did have our day back in the 90's.  However,  it's been 15 years with nothing.  Meanwhile,  the Jets' had 2 AFC  Championships just 6 -7 years ago so it's really the Bills' turn.  LOL

If that's the case then every Jet player should be booed when they walk on the field , they all make obscene money and none of them have a delivered a SB in 45+ years . The fact that Jet fans booed our starting QB in a pre season practice is despicable.  Did those same "fans" boo Sheldon Richardson . 

The fans booed Geno Smith because he is the last fragment of the Idzik/Ryan regime left and he's a pretty visible component.

Look, I really like Macca, he had just about the best offseason any Jets GM has had, perhaps even better than Bill Parcells '97, and I'd never say a critical word about what he just did for us.  However, as we well know, no team can succeed in the NFL without decent QB play and despite all the efforts of a new GM and a new HC and a new coaching staff it can all go out the window if Geno Smith plays like sh-t again.  And many of us know that's exactly what's about to happen.

So the sooner Geno is exposed, the sooner Fitzpatrick and Petty can get ready for opening day.  Geno should have been swept out with Idzik and Ryan.  We understand why he wasn't, and we understand that Macca couldn't find a top notch replacement because the cupboard was bare, but that doesn't mean we need to like it and put on a good face.

SAR I

If Geno as a QB played as well as Revis does as a CB he would never hear boo's he would be on a fast track to the HOF..

If the boos are based on practice performance than Cro should be greeted  with a cascade of boos everytime he gets burned deep. Which has been often in practice so far.

Yes,  we did have our day back in the 90's.  However,  it's been 15 years with nothing.  Meanwhile,  the Jets' had 2 AFC  Championships just 6 -7 years ago so it's really the Bills' turn.  LOL

The Jets have never won an AFC Championship.  Came close in 1998 and in Rex's 1st 2 years out of 6.  But we've never won an AFC Championship. ( In 1968-69, there was no AFC.  Only an AFL)

Booing at a practice is MORONIC!!!  Anyone trying to excuse that behavior by saying it helps

emulate the season is clueless.  Practice is just that, practicing to see what plays/formations

work and don't work.  If they can't do it in a practice without getting booed, when can they???

Grow up, in addition it allows the media to paint the fan base as idiotic

Totally agree.   

The fans booed Geno Smith because he is the last fragment of the Idzik/Ryan regime left and he's a pretty visible component.

Look, I really like Macca, he had just about the best offseason any Jets GM has had, perhaps even better than Bill Parcells '97, and I'd never say a critical word about what he just did for us.  However, as we well know, no team can succeed in the NFL without decent QB play and despite all the efforts of a new GM and a new HC and a new coaching staff it can all go out the window if Geno Smith plays like sh-t again.  And many of us know that's exactly what's about to happen.

So the sooner Geno is exposed, the sooner Fitzpatrick and Petty can get ready for opening day.  Geno should have been swept out with Idzik and Ryan.  We understand why he wasn't, and we understand that Macca couldn't find a top notch replacement because the cupboard was bare, but that doesn't mean we need to like it and put on a good face.

SAR I

You should be banned for calling our GM "Macca".  No excuse for that.

The Jets have never won an AFC Championship.  Came close in 1998 and in Rex's 1st 2 years out of 6.  But we've never won an AFC Championship. ( In 1968-69, there was no AFC.  Only an AFL)

My mistake - they played in the Championships.

And he had how many of each in yesterday's "practice". The fans want to boo someone Boo friggen Sheldon Richardson. 

If Bryce Petty were anointed our starter he wouldn't have gotten booed making the same exact plays that Geno Smith did yesterday.

Memo to Jets:  Getting rid of Idzik and Ryan was great, but as long as Geno Smith is under center you haven't achieved anything.  If there is one thing Woody Johnson is guilty of it's taking way too long to make a change.  Rex Ryan lingered here for 3 years too many, Herman Edwards was here forever, Chad Pennington gumming up the works with his constant injuries, and now Geno Smith, a project second-rounder, a guy worse than Kellen Clemens, is being given the keys to the car for a third season?  BOOOOO.

SAR I

If it's Championships you seek, start the head coach search now.  Hire a propeller plane with a Tweet banner.  It worked last time.

SAR I

SAR I

And its very possible that will happen. But its also possible that the Jets and their offensive coaches had they're heads so far up Rex's backside and defense they wouldn't know offense if it smacked them in the face. By all accounts the offense has looked pretty good so far, and it appears they're actually coaching the offensive players this year. Geno may still be a symbol of the failed Rex regime but if he proves everyone wrong and has a solid season it will just prove what many of us have been saying for years about Rex. 

Maccagnan.

The original, sadly, is getting on in years and besides you and I no one in Jets-land knows who he is methinks.

SAR I

I do understand where you derived Macca.  I can spell his name too.  But everyone else in the media seems to call him Mac, not Macca.  I wonder what his preference is.

Anyone out there know the correct nickname for our GM?

So when they went 10-6 in 2006 the roster wasn't developed so the 4-12 in 2007 didn't count?? And Mangini did a great job developing a future HOF QB in 2008 I suppose?? Funny the QB that he got rid of took over a 1-15 team and led them to the playoffs with a better record then Mangini had.. I always enjoy your posts Southpark.. :animal0029:

CHAD was healthy in 2006 and that makes all the difference. CHAD when healthy basically was a difference maker against. Poor teams.

Keep re writing history. When Favre went bad, Mangini went down as well.

this is not a pro Mangini post or discussion. It is a REX is a cheer leader and not much of an NFL executive or manager of people or process. You want to defend a guy who has no clue if his team is still in the hunt and never attended offensive meetings..... I won't stop you.

Archived