Fans Boo Geno at MetLife Practice

Freemanm

If that's the case then every Jet player should be booed when they walk on the field , they all make obscene money and none of them have a delivered a SB in 45+ years . The fact that Jet fans booed our starting QB in a pre season practice is despicable.  Did those same "fans" boo Sheldon Richardson .

look, I wouldn't do it either. I happen to like Geno. It's like actors complaining about Papparazzi, don't like it then stop making movies and they won't follow you.

Geno brought this on himself.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And its very possible that will happen. But its also possible that the Jets and their offensive coaches had they're heads so far up Rex's backside and defense they wouldn't know offense if it smacked them in the face. By all accounts the offense has looked pretty good so far, and it appears they're actually coaching the offensive players this year. Geno may still be a symbol of the failed Rex regime but if he proves everyone wrong and has a solid season it will just prove what many of us have been saying for years about Rex. 

I'd be stunned if Geno Smith could turn it around, and even if he did play well enough to eke out a 9 win season it would be catastrophic for the franchise, would be Chad Pennington 2.0 which we just don't need.  A good game here or there, a decent season here or there, but everyone knowing he could never be counted on and never win big games in the postseason.  We ran Mark Sanchez out of town for far less, no reason to change that philosophy now with this bag of pucks. 

Get Bryce Petty the ball.  Let's see what the kid's got.

SAR I

look, I wouldn't do it either. I happen to like Geno. It's like actors complaining about Papparazzi, don't like it then stop making movies and they won't follow you.

Geno brought this on himself.

Geno played a part , but Rex had a huge hand in it. His coaching staff either had no clue how to develop offensive talent or were given no authority to do so.  I really feel bad for Sammy Watkins and Leshon McCoy this year. Watkins should just change his name to Claude Raines now , McCoy will get so many carries his legs might fall off. 

I'd be stunned if Geno Smith could turn it around, and even if he did play well enough to eke out a 9 win season it would be catastrophic for the franchise, would be Chad Pennington 2.0 which we just don't need.  A good game here or there, a decent season here or there, but everyone knowing he could never be counted on and never win big games in the postseason.  We ran Mark Sanchez out of town for far less, no reason to change that philosophy now with this puck bag

Get Bryce Petty the ball.  Let's see what the kid's got.

SAR I

But Sanchez was afflicted with the same ring master as HC. That era, I mean error is gone to Buffalo now , maybe just  maybe offense will be put back in the Jets dictionary this year.

Since this was the first time in the history of MetLife Stadium that we've had an organized open-to-the-public event which featured more non-ticket holders than ticket holders it's germane to point out that the behavior often attributed to the white collar PSL owners was found in the blue collar watch-on-TV types.

Nothing wrong with either behavior, by the way.  Just saying we PSL owners often get a bad rep that's unwarranted, last night was some proof.

SAR I

SAR I with all due respect its society in general blue collar or white collar guys PSL or not it doesn't matter drinking way too much before the game sitting in the stands eating peanuts booing for what a practice. 

Most of those who attended won't be in the seats come opening day. 

SAR I with all due respect its society in general blue collar or white collar guys PSL or not it doesn't matter drinking way too much before the game sitting in the stands eating peanuts booing for what a practice. 

No unfortunately, those folks would have sold their tickets to Browns fans. 

But Sanchez was afflicted with the same ring master as HC. That era, I mean error is gone to Buffalo now , maybe just  maybe offense will be put back in the Jets dictionary this year.

Lord, hear our prayer.  But it's not happening with Geno Smith. 

The thought that we are saddled with this guy for three years when he was a luxury pick, an unexpected option, an emotional flyer by the worst GM in NFL history is astounding to me.  Only the Jets.

SAR I

CHAD was healthy in 2006 and that makes all the difference. CHAD when healthy basically was a difference maker against. Poor teams.

Keep re writing history. When Favre went bad, Mangini went down as well.

this is not a pro Mangini post or discussion. It is a REX is a cheer leader and not much of an NFL executive or manager of people or process. You want to defend a guy who has no clue if his team is still in the hunt and never attended offensive meetings..... I won't stop you.

I was responding to Dcat your the one that chimed in to defend Mangini.. BTW what was Chads injury in 2007?? In 2006 he had 1 more td then he did picks.. I have always said Rex's biggest fault was his lack of attention to the offense and you know that both here and on JI.. BTW ever wonder why Mangini never developed Clemens??

Respectfully, it wasn't that way yesterday.

Restricted parking so we were all forced to park over by the MetLife gate, I drove looking for a good spot and practically covered the entire area, I didn't see anyone tailgating.  Very few people drinking beers either, it was a family-style event, I'd say that there were as many kids as adults there.  So it wasn't the typical drunkards, it was a sober crowd who simply has no patience for Geno Smith.

SAR I

It amazing that Offensive master mind Chip Kelly couldn't coach Sanchez enough to get the Eagles into the playoffs when the team was 6-2 when Foles went down..

Geno played a part , but Rex had a huge hand in it. His coaching staff either had no clue how to develop offensive talent or were given no authority to do so.  I really feel bad for Sammy Watkins and Leshon McCoy this year. Watkins should just change his name to Claude Raines now , McCoy will get so many carries his legs might fall off.

NOW you are talking. I totally agree.

It amazing that Offensive master mind Chip Kelly couldn't coach Sanchez enough to get the Eagles into the playoffs when the team was 6-2 when Foles went down..

I thought this too.... I then saw a film on how bad the Eagles secondary was. Sanchez is no savior but the Eagles D played a huge role in the collapse.

Heard Lyons say in the "pre practice" that if Geno goes 1-3 out of the box, the QB change needs to be made right then and there.  Geno does not deserve more time.  Hope we don't start 1-3 but if we do, Bowles needs to pull him.

I will be very interested to see how Petty looks in the PS games.

He looked in control in the practice last night.

The thought that we are saddled with this guy for three years when he was a luxury pick, an unexpected option, an emotional flyer by the worst GM in NFL history is astounding to me.  Only the Jets.

SAR I

And what would would you go on offense at QB?

Heard Lyons say in the "pre practice" that if Geno goes 1-3 out of the box, the QB change needs to be made right then and there.  Geno does not deserve more time.  Hope we don't start 1-3 but if we do, Bowles needs to pull him.

I will be very interested to see how Petty looks in the PS games.

He looked in control in the practice last night.

I remember when Rodney Peete was pulled I believe in game ONE 2003 for an undrafted NFL Europe backup named Jake Delhomme.

Panthers went to the SB that year and to this day, Panther execs believe PATS cheated.

If Geno goes 0 and 2. I say pull him for FITZ.

I know people are going to get mad at me, but this is disgraceful. Whether we like it or not, Geno is going to be our starting QB on opening day. I'm rooting for the guy, despite the inconsistent play the last two seasons. As far as I'm concerned, he's shown enough flashes to show that he can still be a great QB. How long did it take Vinny Testaverde? I choose to believe he's going to have a breakout year and silence his doubters. And as a die hard Jets fan for over 30 years now, I am going to be rooting hard for him and the team.

You should too.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13402697/geno-smith-new-york-jets-booed-team-scrimmage-metlife-stadium

I imagine some of the younger fans booed, but what do you expect.   This is the same group of fans that booed Pennington when he got injured a few years back, or their offspring.

We've never been known for having the classiest fans, quite to the contrary. 

40 years of doing the same thing and you wonder why the results are the same. It takes time to develop a QB. Geno Smith maybe in his 3rd year as a pro, but it's his 1st year with Gailey. It's funny how Jet fans expect this kid to have mastered an offensive scheme in 3 months when they have not mastered common decency in 40 years.

Ummmmmm this post times a thousand.

Thank you!!

Sanchez may not been their savior , but there's no denying he looked much more comfortable in that offense then he did with the Jets. Maybe you can argue Chip only knows one offensive style, just like Rex only knew one style (G&P) , but Chip utilizied (WCO , one read )  Sanchez the way he should have been here. 

I am not a big Geno fan, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. If Darrelle Revis has a bad game, you think we should boo him? On top of that, I heard Geno actually played really good on Saturday besides the lost fumble.

if for the next 2 years Revis was the worst CB in the NFL, yes in 2017 he would be booed.    Smith has, so far had a very nice camp, he's not being booed for what he did in camp

I am not a big Geno fan, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. If Darrelle Revis has a bad game, you think we should boo him? On top of that, I heard Geno actually played really good on Saturday besides the lost fumble.

Why wouldn't they? New Yorkers have booed Derek Jeter and Eli Manning. Play like sh*t and it will probably happen. And unlike the aforementioned Geno has never earned his job, is historically bad at it, and told a fan to **** off last year. Dude is reaping what he sewed.

40 years of doing the same thing and you wonder why the results are the same. It takes time to develop a QB. Geno Smith maybe in his 3rd year as a pro, but it's his 1st year with Gailey. It's funny how Jet fans expect this kid to have mastered an offensive scheme in 3 months when they have not mastered common decency in 40 years.

LOL.  Agreed 100%. 

if for the next 2 years Revis was the worst CB in the NFL, yes in 2017 he would be booed.    Smith has, so far had a very nice camp, he's not being booed for what he did in camp

No he's being booed , because its the popular thing to do. Just like the throngs of Tebow fans booing every Sanchez incompletion. Today's fans are rooted in the instant gratification everyone wins mentality. They have the attention span of a gnat and are interested in what is perceived to be trending "socially". 

No he's being booed , because its the popular thing to do. Just like the throngs of Tebow fans booing every Sanchez incompletion. Today's fans are rooted in the instant gratification everyone wins mentality. They have the attention span of a gnat and are interested in what is perceived to be trending "socially". 

I don't think gnat's even live 2 year's, let alone pay attention.    if Smith wants the booing to stop, play good football for 4 weeks, and everyone will love him.  With the price it now costs to go to an NFL game, the fans have a right to expect gratification.

After the poor excuse for QB play over the last 2 years, its hard to see where Geno deserves anything but booing. Wait until week 1 when they are chanting for Fitzpatrick or Petty. Geno has literally produced two of the worst years I have ever seen at QB, it's hard to see why he would deserve a pass.

I know people are going to get mad at me, but this is disgraceful. Whether we like it or not, Geno is going to be our starting QB on opening day. I'm rooting for the guy, despite the inconsistent play the last two seasons. As far as I'm concerned, he's shown enough flashes to show that he can still be a great QB. How long did it take Vinny Testaverde? I choose to believe he's going to have a breakout year and silence his doubters. And as a die hard Jets fan for over 30 years now, I am going to be rooting hard for him and the team.

You should too.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13402697/geno-smith-new-york-jets-booed-team-scrimmage-metlife-stadium

Geno's play thus far is the real disgrace.

Fans pay the bills, thus fans get the right to boo or cheer who and what they see fit.  The ONLY exception to that rule in book is cheering injuries.

Poor baby Geno can't handle some rough home fans?  Too bad.  Play better then.  Simple as that.

He plays less like sh*t, less fans will boo him.  Again, simple as that.

IN my view, nothing has changed, rooting for some other QB to beat our Geno IS rooting for the best interests of the Jets Organization IF your goal is a Super Bowl title.  Geno, at least thus far, has shown me nothing that would indicate he will ever bring us one.

If it's Championships you seek, start the head coach search now.  Hire a propeller plane with a Tweet banner.  It worked last time.

SAR I

Just want to make it to the playoffs this season.  Have to crawl before we walk

38-3 with TWO weeks to prepare and playing a team that couldn't practice and was playing a home game 250 miles away.

Well if teams don't have bad game days,  why didn't teams like the Patriots or Seahawks go 16-0?

an emotional flyer by the worst GM in NFL history is astounding to me.  Only the Jets.

SAR I

Does this mean if Geno does bad this year,  you will continue to blame Rex  :winking0001:

I don't get all of the Geno hating. True he hasn't played that well, but Geno Smith tries and is good guy. Not like the other idiot everyone idolizes who drives his car at 143 mph ahd has weed, a gun , oh and his child, in the car. If anyone deserves to be booed out of NJ it is the other guy, not Smith. I too am rooting hard for Smith to succeed.

I don't get all of the Geno hating. True he hasn't played that well, but Geno Smith tries and is good guy. Not like the other idiot everyone idolizes who drives his car at 143 mph ahd has weed, a gun , oh and his child, in the car. If anyone deserves to be booed out of NJ it is the other guy, not Smith. I too am rooting hard for Smith to succeed.

It's twofold-first of all this fanbase has no idea how to support a young QB. Secondly I'm gonna call it like I see it-there's a decent tinge of racism involved as well. It's one thing to think he may never be good, but the vitriol behind the hatred of the guy tells me there's a lot of closet confederate flag wavers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno did make some mistakes in yesterdays practice. Every quarterback makes mistakes. Hopefully Geno rebounds from last season and proves us all wrong.

I know the Jets haven't had a Franchise quarterback in a long long time since Namath. Geno does have the receivers this season to be successful hopefully he adjusts and makes the good decisions on where to throw the ball instead of turning it over.

Geno's play thus far is the real disgrace.

Fans pay the bills, thus fans get the right to boo or cheer who and what they see fit.  The ONLY exception to that rule in book is cheering injuries.

Poor baby Geno can't handle some rough home fans?  Too bad.  Play better then.  Simple as that.

He plays less like sh*t, less fans will boo him.  Again, simple as that.

IN my view, nothing has changed, rooting for some other QB to beat our Geno IS rooting for the best interests of the Jets Organization IF your goal is a Super Bowl title.  Geno, at least thus far, has shown me nothing that would indicate he will ever bring us one.

But its not as simple as that , he plays well the fans will wait for the first bad play/turnover/soundbite and jump all over him. Its the Sanchez/Tebow situation all over again and it will divide the fanbase if it continues. When Tebow was signed "fans" couldn't wait for Sanchez to screw up so that they could cheer for Tebow. Now its will be the same with Geno/Fitz.   The big problem is that neither Tebow or Fitz is the answer to anything good. 

It's twofold-first of all this fanbase has no idea how to support a young QB. Secondly I'm gonna call it like I see it-there's a decent tinge of racism involved as well. It's one thing to think he may never be good, but the vitriol behind the hatred of the guy tells me there's a lot of closet confederate flag wavers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And your out of your mind, only a real racist could see booing of a QB that has sucked and been one of the two worst players at his position as booing because the color of his skin.

Mods, I am very offended by this and would like something done.

Archived