Roster Moves This Week

KRL

It will be interesting to see what we do this week because Aboushi will be back from

suspension.  Quigley was not impressive again, do we bring in Weatherford or Fields

since now their contracts aren't guaranteed?  Does Cro go on the IR?  Hopefully Devin

Smith gets activated for his first game this week

I had been expecting them to sign a QB - probably Flynn, but based on Bowles comments about Flynn and Johnson not knowing the offense as well as Petty and Geno practicing I highly doubt they will.  I think the team likes Quigley way more than the fans.  Considering how many CBs they were carrying Aboushi for Cro is a possibility.

I had been expecting them to sign a QB - probably Flynn, but based on Bowles comments about Flynn and Johnson not knowing the offense as well as Petty and Geno practicing I highly doubt they will.  I think the team likes Quigley way more than the fans.  Considering how many CBs they were carrying Aboushi for Cro is a possibility.

Flynn has already collected termination pay once in his career, so the Jets could've had him on the opening day roster without guaranteeing his salary for the year. I'd be shocked if he came back. Josh Johnson would be a different story. 

The Jets carried ten OL on opening day. Doubt they'll be carrying 11 in week two. Depending on how long Mauldin is out, they may consider promoting a LB, too. 

It all depends on the severity of the knee of Cromaritie. I think McDougle gets activated for depth. Cromartie inactive since it's reportedly just a strain. Maybe they are good with their depth without activating McDougle.

Mauldin is a tougher spot. He'll be out this week but there isn't an immediate replacement from the active 53.

If Devin Smith is ready to go next week, I'm not sure how they open a spot for him. Kerley?

Aboushi can be activated, but someone has to get cut in order to do that. Winters?

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

It all depends on the severity of the knee of Cromaritie. I think McDougle gets activated for depth. Cromartie inactive since it's reportedly just a strain. Maybe they are good with their depth without activating McDougle.

Mauldin is a tougher spot. He'll be out this week but there isn't an immediate replacement from the active 53.

If Devin Smith is ready to go next week, I'm not sure how they open a spot for him. Kerley?

Aboushi can be activated, but someone has to get cut in order to do that. Winters?

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Can Reilly do what Mauldin was doing?  I'm not sure

Cimini has really be playing up the Kerley angle.  IMO, the guy is coming off a concussion. It's not a shock he wasn't that involved in the O.  They didn't use anybody else on punt returns.  I can't see them swapping Powell in without somebody else going down.  If they were that low on Kerley they would have done it last week

IMO it seems like they have Winters ahead of Dozier.  Qvale is the top backup T, but that may be because they use him on the plays with an extra lineman as TE.  Unlike Schottenheimer he added Turner or Hunter at TE, they flexed Brick out toe TE and moved Qvale in to play T.  Maybe that equates more to G than T though - an inside line position. Ijalana was inactive though, so it seems Qvale is top backup T.

I'd like them to promote Walter Powell to be our punt returner.

+1

Powell not being on the roster made no sense to me. He did nothing but make plays as a returner during the preseason and didn't make the final roster while Jeremy Kerley is still dancing and getting tackled within 3 yards of the punt reception.

TE?

They may make a move at TE, but I think it would be a TE for TE swap.  Dump Kellen Davis for another body.  I don't think they will be adding Saxton or another TE and cutting a roster player.  They used Brick in short yardage for about 5 plays and Davis and Cumberland didn't drop anything!

I guess that maybe they would keep 3 on roster until a new guy got up to speed.

They may make a move at TE, but I think it would be a TE for TE swap.  Dump Kellen Davis for another body.  I don't think they will be adding Saxton or another TE and cutting a roster player.  They used Brick in short yardage for about 5 plays and Davis and Cumberland didn't drop anything!

I guess that maybe they would keep 3 on roster until a new guy got up to speed.

Im sure they are looking for TE help as we speak maybe looking to trade Kerley would be my guess. 

Quigley is bad as important as field position is int he NFL we might as well bring Weatherford back if the price is right 

Lol. You really are the grass is always greener on the other side personified. Not every player on the scrap heap would be an upgrade on the Jets' roster  

This answer one question.

We have waived OL Oday Aboushi-

Jets Waive OL Oday Aboushi

Posted 9 minutes ago

•  
  •  

Fifth-Round Pick out of Virginia in 2013 Started Final 10 Games at Left Guard Last Season

Aboushihead110914-article.jpg

The Jets have waived offensive lineman Oday Aboushiicon-article-link.gif.

Aboushi was suspended by the NFL for the first game of the season for violating the league's Policy and Program for Substance Abuse.

Aboushi was the Jets' fifth-round pick (141st overall) of the 2013 draft out of Virginia. He was inactive for all 16 games as a rookie. He then was active for the final 15 games last season, stepping in for injured left guardBrian Wintersicon-article-link.gif to start the final 10 games.

Another Idzik win

This answer one question.

We have waived OL Oday Aboushi-

Jets Waive OL Oday Aboushi

Posted 9 minutes ago

•  
  •  

Fifth-Round Pick out of Virginia in 2013 Started Final 10 Games at Left Guard Last Season

Aboushihead110914-article.jpg

The Jets have waived offensive lineman Oday Aboushiicon-article-link.gif.

Aboushi was suspended by the NFL for the first game of the season for violating the league's Policy and Program for Substance Abuse.

Aboushi was the Jets' fifth-round pick (141st overall) of the 2013 draft out of Virginia. He was inactive for all 16 games as a rookie. He then was active for the final 15 games last season, stepping in for injured left guardBrian Wintersicon-article-link.gif to start the final 10 games.

Archived