GAME BALLS JETS VS JAGUARS

Larz

the "oh that's why the jags are 2-7" edition

Offense - Fitzpatrick.    a 106 rating, no turnovers, 2 TD passes all with a loaded box and no running game

Defense - Mauldin / Williams.  Mauldin for being the edge rusher we need and Willims for the 2 picks

Specials - Quigley.  Double duty, didn't miss a kick

the "oh that's why the jags are 2-7" edition

Offense - Fitzpatrick.    a 106 rating, no turnovers, 2 TD passes all with a loaded box and no running game

Defense - Mauldin / Williams.  Mauldin for being the edge rusher we need and Willims for the 2 picks

Specials - Quigley.  Double duty, didn't miss a kick

You nailed it.

I think Brick was the biggest disappointment on offense (of our regular starters), letting up two big sacks. Mauldin and Williams really brought the defense "up" today. Fitz is the heart and soul of this team. He had 2-3 bad throws today, but damn he did just about everything he could to offset the areas we struggled. 

The injuries we've endured on our way to 5-3, when looked at in context, makes the record that much more to be happy about.

I can't wait to see this team healthy.

Agreed on all points. I will say that the Jags have a solid offensive nucleus if they can improve the offensive line. Bortles/Hurns/Robinson/Yeldon is a solid foundation. 

I got flamed for saying it last year, but I had high praise for the rebuild moves being made in Jax over the past 2 years. I stand by what I said, which was that they were bringing in a TON of young talent, and it was just a matter of time before they gel and mature together and make that team relevant again.

I got flamed for saying it last year, but I had high praise for the rebuild moves being made in Jax over the past 2 years. I stand by what I said, which was that they were bringing in a TON of young talent, and it was just a matter of time before they gel and mature together and make that team relevant again.

Very, very similar to Oakland. Carr is just a little more progressed in his ability and maturity than Bortles. Talent is there though. 

Game Balls. 

#1 Ryan Quigley. He had a very good punting day today. I'd give him a game ball just to acknowledge it. 

#2. Marcus Williams. I'd give him a game ball and the start on Thursday

#3 Ryan Fitzpatrick. He got a little sloppy there in the 2nd half but got it together and had a strong finish. He also had to fight off the conservative playcalling by Gailey and no running game while playing with a broke hand. 

#4 Eric Decker. Decker kept this offense moving for those 1st 3 quarters and really kept us in it when Marshall was on the sideline. 

You nailed it.

I think Brick was the biggest disappointment on offense (of our regular starters), letting up two big sacks. Mauldin and Williams really brought the defense "up" today. Fitz is the heart and soul of this team. He had 2-3 bad throws today, but damn he did just about everything he could to offset the areas we struggled. 

The injuries we've endured on our way to 5-3, when looked at in context, makes the record that much more to be happy about.

Well said snowman. Love Mauldin. Williams definitely has a head for the ball. Smart player.

You nailed it.

I think Bricks play has a lot to do with Winters when Calon is there he is night and day.

Shocked to say it but the Zebras deserve some credit for the home field calls, one of the first times I remember when the Jets actually had a few calls their way

You're right. Jags fans must be pissed on that catch on the sideline. It looked to me like he caught that. I thought the refs were going to overturn that. 

Shocked to say it but the Zebras deserve some credit for the home field calls, one of the first times I remember when the Jets actually had a few calls their way

actually I said during the game I thought the refs did a good job.  Not because of home field calls but because they made the right calls. 

Archived