Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

so he beat the Todd Bowles Jets? we are over .500, right?  who are the winning teams we have beat?

If you think this is the reason Rex is a great coach and better than Bowles, I can see why you are such a fan of his in the first place. 

And Rex lost to Jax and we beat them so we must be better than Rex....

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think this is the reason Rex is a great coach and better than Bowles, I can see why you are such a fan of his in the first place. 

And Rex lost to Jax and we beat them so we must be better than Rex....

did I say that was a reason Rex was a  "great coach and better than Bowles"? which is interesting b/c I have never used the word "great" describing Rex as a HC.  why must you make things up?

did I say that was a reason Rex was a  "great coach and better than Bowles"? which is interesting b/c I have never used the word "great" describing Rex as a HC.  why must you make things up?

Your not a hater therefore your not in the club and a bad Jet fan.. I thought you knew the rules??:P

you win and you get to act how you want.  

However you act crazy and when you lose expect the other team to enjoy pouring it on. 

We we really have to stop whining about this. 

I agree aec4.  This past week,  the media leaned hard on Rex in attempt to get him to say that this game meant something,  other than a win.  It appeared as if they wanted him to say he was nervous or apprehensive about going back to Met Life.  Rex stuck to his story or maybe true feeling on the matter.  The game wasn't about him.  It was about his team,  the fans and getting ready for the game.  Some think he acted crazy last night.  Rex gets really excited (all the time) over scores and wins. Maybe part of his exuberance was a sigh of relief.  Rex never denied that he has good memories of his time as a coach for the Jets.  There's also no question that he genuinely likes his past and current players  It had to be hard but I give him credit for "focusing" on  just  the game all this week.

No matter how well he may do with his team, he will always be a no-class loser.

The IK team captain thing was as bush and as classless as you can get.

But Rex doesn't get it and never will.

Eff him.

After we got Cumar with that poison pill contract I seem to remember the Tuna making Martin being a coin toss captain in the first Pat game.. Granted he didn't hit anyone but it's what some coaches do.. Rex isn't a classy guy but he does make me laugh, some times with him and some times at him..

This doesn't answer the question of "how did Rex or Bowles impact the fumbling?"

It's important that we understand and recognize the sphere of influence a coach actually has... at some point, players and execution has to be part of the conversation.

Coaches Rex is Better Than: Joe Philbin, Mike Murlackey, Dan Campbell, Todd Bowles

Coaches Better Than Rex: Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin, Marvin Lewis, Gus Bradley

Could this be any more obvious?

After we got Cumar with that poison pill contract I seem to remember the Tuna making Martin being a coin toss captain in the first Pat game.. Granted he didn't hit anyone but it's what some coaches do.. Rex isn't a classy guy but he does make me laugh, some times with him and some times at him..

Those things aren't even remotely comparable.

Coaches Rex is Better Than: Joe Philbin, Mike Murlackey, Dan Campbell, Todd Bowles

Coaches Better Than Rex: Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin, Marvin Lewis, Gus Bradley

Of course if you like playoff wins Marvin Lewis may not be your guy since he doesn't have any.. And Bradley hasn't had a winning season yet..

Profound.  The outcome is only 12 hours old and we already have to stop commenting on aspects of and pertaining to the game. 

Comment about the game all you like... 

Stop complaining about Rex Ryan going over the top celebrating.  Did you expect someone like Rex Ryan to do it subtly?

No matter how well he may do with his team, he will always be a no-class loser.

The IK team captain thing was as bush and as classless as you can get.

But Rex doesn't get it and never will.

Eff him.

Rex alway chooses men that previous played on the opponent's team as captain.  Just as a side note:  many Jets'  players came to IK's defense (not Geno's) in this incident.  My question to you.  What's worse?

Of course if you like playoff wins Marvin Lewis may not be your guy since he doesn't have any.. And Bradley hasn't had a winning season yet..

Doesn't matter.  I'm following the logic of the thread.  Rex won last night against Bowles, which means, Rex > Bowles.  Bengals beat the Bills, which means Lewis > Rex.  Jaguars beat the Bills, so Bradley > Rex. 

Belichick w/o Brady: 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win in 7 seasons

Coughlin w/ Jax: 4 losing seasons in 8 years, 4 playoff wins in years, 2 title game apps(Rex had 4 PO wins, 2 title game apps in 6 seasons)

Marvin Lewis: ZERO playoff wins in 12 full seasons including getting whooped by rex's Jets w/ a rookie Sanchez in his first playoff start.

Gus Bradley?

Take the word great out and you still sound ridiculous - it does not change the fact that you are making an extraordinarily small-minded argument trying to compare who beat who and how that makes one better than the other.  Talk to me in 4 years when tubby is getting run out of his second job for the same issues that caused him to get canned here.

Belichick w/o Brady: 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win in 7 seasons

Coughlin w/ Jax: 4 losing seasons in 8 years, 4 playoff wins in years, 2 title game apps(Rex had 4 PO wins, 2 title game apps in 6 seasons)

Marvin Lewis: ZERO playoff wins in 12 full seasons including getting whooped by rex's Jets w/ a rookie Sanchez in his first playoff start.

Gus Bradley?

Doesn't matter.  As should be evident, Rex's team was beaten by those teams, so they are better and vice versa.  Deeper analysis is not a tool to be used only to support your points, it works both ways.  So, since many here have decided to eliminate it, we should do so.

Rex alway chooses men that previous played on the opponent's team as captain.  Just as a side note:  many Jets'  players came to IK's defense (not Geno's) in this incident.  My question to you.  What's worse?

Don't drink the Kool-Aid... Rex knew what he was doing, and it was completely classless.  Disappointing that the players in the Jets locker room didn't stand up for their QB, which says something about them, and about their QB.

Comment about the game all you like... 

Stop complaining about Rex Ryan going over the top celebrating.  Did you expect someone like Rex Ryan to do it subtly?

Of course not... this is why I am happy he is no longer here.  Bluster, bravado, Bull8hit and very little substance.

That was a cute little snarky retort.  Funny how you end your prior post with the quote "smart Jet fans everywhere" and then can't figure out how a comment about smart fans seeing thru Rex has to do with your post.  Perceptive.

You don't care who Buffalo has beaten - yet are critical of Bowles for not beating a .500 team.  Got it.  Stick to trying to give really bad lessons in the meanings of words.

Your entire post was about Rex and how he got the shaft, comparing Rex to Bowles, and whined that Rex does not get credit for last night, yet you don't care about Rex.  Got it.

Lastly, you used the term "rustles your jimmies".  Now I have to turn my back on you.

"Seeing through Rex" is great for people like you who didn't like his personality and wanted him gone primarily because of that. That's perception, baby. 

My issue, as clearly portrayed in my posts, is that fans like you are willing to be completely hypocritical when judging the two coaches simply because Rex doesn't conduct himself in the way you'd like; even if it means turning a blind eye to all of the facts that I initially posted and which you quoted. A bit childish if nothing else. 

My post wasn't "giving credit to Rex." Nowhere in any of my posts has that been a topic. Actually, I felt that his OC and DC's calls were terrible from the midpoint of the third till their last drive. My post was about how stupid it is for people like you to continue to create threads to bash a guy who isn't even here anymore after he just brought his team to our house for a huge machup and left with a better record than he had coming in. And on top of that, posters like you are defending Bowles for the same sh*t you blamed on Rex, even given all of the facts above.

If you can't understand the simple dynamics of not caring about Rex or his team anymore except for when they play us, while still pointing out the hypocrisy with which fans like you treated him vs. how you defend Bowles now, I can't really help you. 

Lastly, you are free to turn your back on to any dude you'd like. I'll have to pass- I'm just not into that. 

Doesn't matter.  I'm following the logic of the thread.  Rex won last night against Bowles, which means, Rex > Bowles.  Bengals beat the Bills, which means Lewis > Rex.  Jaguars beat the Bills, so Bradley > Rex. 

You used logic and thread in the same sentence that's a no no on JN..

Take the word great out and you still sound ridiculous - it does not change the fact that you are making an extraordinarily small-minded argument trying to compare who beat who and how that makes one better than the other.  Talk to me in 4 years when tubby is getting run out of his second job for the same issues that caused him to get canned here.

can you at least try and keep up? I didn't make that argument, I responded to another post.  making a case for Rex as a good coach wouldn't involved a week 10 win over a mediocre Jets team.

I don't care what he does in Buffalo, he did a good job for US.  I am sure you hated playing for the right to go to the SB multiple times.  damn rex!

Doesn't matter.  As should be evident, Rex's team was beaten by those teams, so they are better and vice versa.  Deeper analysis is not a tool to be used only to support your points, it works both ways.  So, since many here have decided to eliminate it, we should do so.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Come now, I've seen this lame excuse often the last few days of him choosing players who used to play for other teams.  All of that is fine.  Choosing a player that got cut because he broke the jaw of the other teams starting Qb is on a whole other level.  Also as Cowher pointed, Rex uses the captaincy to stir things up and get some attention. Captains in all sports are supposed to be the best of your team, the hardest worker, the best attitude, the best players.  They set an example of what the rest of your team should strive to be, instead Rex uses this little gambit to ignore character and team unity for his own little 'ha ha'.

Sooner or later you will see, Rex made Santiono Holmes a captain for gods sakes.

Of course not... this is why I am happy he is no longer here.  Bluster, bravado, Bull8hit and very little substance.

other than being the only HC in NYJ history to lead us to 2 title games, having the most road playoff wins in NYJ history(the rest of our history we had a total of 3), most playoff wins in Jet history(by double the amount) he was a really crappy coach.  It boggles my mind the lack of appreciation for what Rex did, I get it ended sour but don't forget the good times. 

From a distance, its easier to see how Rex antics can hurt a franchise.  But the guy can coach.  People who deny that confuse me.

I'm glad he's gone.  I think in the long run, Bowles approach is better for the franchise...but the verdict is out if he's a better coach than Rex Ryan.

The only reason Rex won is that Bowles made two crucial mistakes. The first was giving Devon Smith the kickoff duties and the second was not kicking the FG after the botched punt. Bowles said, "You don't know if you are going to get the ball back" which is really saying he has no faith in his team or his defense. That's bad. As a HC you simply cannot say a negative thing like that. He needs to apoligize to his team for saying that and PROVING he has faith in them by playing things BY THE BOOK. If he calls himself a Parcells guy he needs to throw away his tendency to go against the grain. Kicking the FG moves the Jets to 22-20 and then you use your defense and timeouts to get the ball back for a game winning FG try. See how easy it is Todd? As for Rex, he is a freakin no class, idiot who says it's just another game, then absolutely loses his mind when they win. Buffalo will soon get tired of Rex, just like we did.

Come now, I've seen this lame excuse often the last few days of him choosing players who used to play for other teams.  All of that is fine.  Choosing a player that got cut because he broke the jaw of the other teams starting Qb is on a whole other level.  Also as Cowher pointed, Rex uses the captaincy to stir things up and get some attention. Captains in all sports are supposed to be the best of your team, the hardest worker, the best attitude, the best players.  They set an example of what the rest of your team should strive to be, instead Rex uses this little gambit to ignore character and team unity for his own little 'ha ha'.

Sooner or later you will see, Rex made Santiono Holmes a captain for gods sakes.

they are gameday captains, their teammates aren't looking for them for inspiration.  Rex has always used the gameday captain role to motivate players.  he has players who are facing their old team as captains every week.  remember when he dunked Jason Taylor w/ Gatorade after we beat Miami in 2010?

Not coin flip captains it's totally different and you know that..

other than being the only HC in NYJ history to lead us to 2 title games, having the most road playoff wins in NYJ history(the rest of our history we had a total of 3), most playoff wins in Jet history(by double the amount) he was a really crappy coach.  It boggles my mind the lack of appreciation for what Rex did, I get it ended sour but don't forget the good times. 

Those "good times" were only in the beginning. After his first two years, I got so sick of Rex being Rex that I couldn't stand it. Then the losing and impatience with the development of Mark Sanchez led the team down a bad road. If Rex was such a good coach he would have known how to stop the slide, but he was a big part of the reason for the slide. Hate that m-f er.

Rex outcoached Bowles, rex is a good coach.  he has taken far too much heat from jet fans especially when it wasn't his choice to leave.  we didn't have a rex problem the past few years it was a personnel problem.  he has playoff talent again for the first time since 2011 and if the season ended today he'd have Buf back in the playoffs for the first time since 1999.  Tom Brady was still in college in 1999, Tyrod Taylor was 10 years old, Sammy Watkins was 6 years old, Darrelle Revis wasn't even in high school yet.

It was pretty evenly matched, Rex definitely didn't outcoach Bowles though. Jets had four turnovers, Bills had none. The two fumbles, one leading to a straight Td and the other one was basically in their backyard. That was the difference in an otherwise underwhelming offensive game. Let's keep it real.  

And you weren't complaining about it then.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid... Rex knew what he was doing, and it was completely classless.  Disappointing that the players in the Jets locker room didn't stand up for their QB, which says something about them, and about their QB.

It is disappointing that the players didn't come to the defense of their QB -  Best position (for the players) would have been to say nothing at all if they felt Geno was wrong.  JMO

Archived