Congratulations to Ryan Fitzpatrick

Warfish

We simply don't know if he has that level of talent yet.  It's an unknown as far as I'm concerned.....

I'll ask the question again...What would the Jets record be this year without Marshall?

who woulda thunk it. all geno needed was $600 and a brandon marshal to win a super bowl

i think you better stick to the opera house 

it's not a matter of expectations.  Everyone here is excited for the slightly above mediocrity performance.  

I'm not.  I would like to win a Super Bowl.  Fitz isn't doing that.  Geno should have been starting as soon as he was healthy. That's in the long term best interest of the franchise. 

Short term is fight for a wildcard, maybe won one game and out.  I'm over that.  

Lets find a QB that can win a Super Bowl. 

You'd classify his numbers as "slightly above average"?

We simply don't know if he has that level of talent yet. It's an unknown as far as I'm concerned.

You may not.

Most of the rest of us do.

I'm sorry you're seemingly stuck living in pre-preseason 2013.

Being here, now, in late-season 2015 is vastly more fun, my friend.

He's playing the best ball of career and the Jets are reaping the benefits by playing good offensive ball.  I really want the Jets to make the playoffs for both him and Marshall. These 2 guys truly deserve it.  Sure hope the cards fall the right way for us. 

Yes ...This just about sums up how I feel about the 2015 Jets.

We simply don't know if he has that level of talent yet.  It's an unknown as far as I'm concerned.....

I'll ask the question again...What would the Jets record be this year without Marshall?

Anyone who sees it as an unknown isn't paying attention

I would agree it's certainly possible...

But they seem to have been committed to him before the punch.  They seem to have more faith in him than Fitz and Gaily knew Fitz well...

I just ask the question...What would Fitz have done with.

No Marshall, Morningwig, that terrible defense, Decker hurt just about all season and Rex as a head coach?

Honestly, I'm having a blast this year.  I was at the game today and had the most fun I've had at a game in years...I guess I'm just frustrated with the team and fanbase that is content to be a wildcard and out organization.

The Jets are having a solid season because they have a solid professional behind center.  They are also largely a win now team and Fitz (in 99% of the worlds opinion and more importantly, the Coaching Staffs) gives the team the best chance to win.

Your Geno disease is the same one I suffered with for a while with Sanchez.....always looking for reasons why he never completely put it together.....playing the "what if " game until finally seeing him display the same uneven play with the Eagles. 

There is very little "concrete" evidence of just "how committed" they CS was to Geno before he got his clock cleaned in his own locker room. 

it's not a matter of expectations.  Everyone here is excited for the slightly above mediocrity performance.  

I'm not.  I would like to win a Super Bowl.  Fitz isn't doing that.  Geno should have been starting as soon as he was healthy. That's in the long term best interest of the franchise. 

Short term is fight for a wildcard, maybe won one game and out.  I'm over that.  

Lets find a QB that can win a Super Bowl. 

For real?

He may end up being much better than what you or I expect him to be, but to say he should play over Fitz at this point...smh.

Yup you play the best guy on the roster. Fitz is the guy. Geno's problems are mental. If it is lack of intelligence, he will probably never improve much. If it is immaturity, then he could. Sitting was probably good for him. Whether he is here or elsewhere.

Yup you play the best guy on the roster. Fitz is the guy. Geno's problems are mental. If it is lack of intelligence, he will probably never improve much. If it is immaturity, then he could. Sitting was probably good for him. Whether he is here or elsewhere.

Id like to agree with you. However, one thing Geno does all the time is overthrow receivers. Is that mental or not making the throw?

Id like to agree with you. However, one thing Geno does all the time is overthrow receivers. Is that mental or not making the throw?

Don't have the answer. Guy has physical talent just game moves too fast for him. Maybe he doesn't trust the read and sails the ball. No idea.

Ryan Fitzpatrick the past three games: 79 of 123 (64.2) for 930 yards, 9 TDs and zero interceptions.

Similar to the kind of numbers Flacco put up in the postseason when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. Obviously a gap in opponent level there, and a sizable one at that. But it's still possible we have a QB who, while not special, can go on a magic run.

New personal record for TD Passes in a season (25)

New personal record for starting QB wins in a season (8)

8-5, three vital games to go.

A chance to set the all-time Jets QB Passing TD Record (29 by Vinny in 1998).

A chance to lead a team to a playoff berth for the first time in his career.

Good luck Fitz, good luck JETS!

This post has 32 reps! Further proof that Ryan Fitzpatrick has brought us all (well, nearly all of us) together.

I would agree it's certainly possible...

But they seem to have been committed to him before the punch.  They seem to have more faith in him than Fitz and Gaily knew Fitz well...

I just ask the question...What would Fitz have done with.

No Marshall, Morningwig, that terrible defense, Decker hurt just about all season and Rex as a head coach?

Honestly, I'm having a blast this year.  I was at the game today and had the most fun I've had at a game in years...I guess I'm just frustrated with the team and fanbase that is content to be a wildcard and out organization.

it's not excited about getting a wild card, although that would be wonderful, it's the improvement and the direction we are going in

New personal record for TD Passes in a season (25)

New personal record for starting QB wins in a season (8)

8-5, three vital games to go.

A chance to set the all-time Jets QB Passing TD Record (29 by Vinny in 1998).

A chance to lead a team to a playoff berth for the first time in his career.

Good luck Fitz, good luck JETS!

But...I read all the posts every week prior to this and so many people said Fitz sucked

Archived