Jets Pats Game NOT flexed

kevinc855

These statements absolutely suck. We are having a great season and are playoff bound if we continue to win and instead we pull this crappy dialogue. It is pathetic and embarrassing STFU already. They are the champions and we need to beat them. Its the same rhetoric I heard from Red Sox fans until 2004 now they say nothing. It makes us sound like losers. ENOUGH!

Actually, we could go 11-5 and still miss the playoffs. But I understand your frustration. Just try to enjoy the humor.

These statements absolutely suck. We are having a great season and are playoff bound if we continue to win and instead we pull this crappy dialogue. It is pathetic and embarrassing STFU already. They are the champions and we need to beat them. Its the same rhetoric I heard from Red Sox fans until 2004 now they say nothing. It makes us sound like losers. ENOUGH!

Nice to see there are still some smart Jets fans out there.

Solid post, and so true.

This game for the pats won't be meaningless because if everything stays the same, they would have to beat the jets to have home field through out. And the jets have been playing pretty solid these last few games, so I expect the pats to have all their starters playing, on less Denver completely falls apart.

Pats will have the #1 seed wrapped up by that game.

They would sit all their starters in a meaningless game against the Jets.

The Pats may well have it wrapped up by next week as Cincy and Denver are both going to lose. At least Denver will. Cincy might be able to scrape past SF with McCarron at QB, but then they play Denver which will be a big one. NE is far from invincible this season - in fact I think Pittsburgh will nail them - so no SB for you guys this year. Plus, I think the refs are getting tired of having to make up calls against Patriots opponents to help them win, so they are starting to call the ones the SHOULD against them. I know it makes Tommy Boy cry, but......

Apparently Blount is done for the season.  Should help our chances.  Not that they run a lot on us, but he is a beast and if they have to kill clock at the end of game he is usually who they do it with. 

Last time we played them, Blount had 3 carries for -3 yards. Brady was their lead rusher.

I'm not seeing this make much difference, if any.

It looks as if the NFL website got confused with which networks will be televising many of the games.  For example, it says the Jets-Pats game is on FOX, when we all know that it is the game protected against a flex by CBS.

From the NFL site:

In 2014 the league introduced “cross-flexing,” which allows up to seven games annually that would have typically aired on Fox or CBS to be aired on the other network. That means, for example, that an all-AFC matchup could air on Fox and an all-NFC game could appear on CBS. An equal number of games must be cross-flexed: If CBS airs three games originally slated for Fox, then Fox would have to get three games that would have originally aired on CBS.

This happened last year with one of the Pats- Bills contests. Fox had no good 1pm games available and CBS had a few choices.

Archived