Fitzpatrick is What He Is: NOT A STARTER

Dcronin

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And only SOJF's think that better QB options grow on trees apparently.

So if the defender made a play, I'm OK with that...you?  we just went 10-6.

I know Fitz has limitations, wind being one...same with Chaddycakes...they don't have the arm.

But they were/are SERVICEABLE, can win games, and are useful if you aren't counting on them to take you to the promised land.  The hate for Fitz I see here is ridiculous, and I would hope most would accept him as a freaking back up option of bridge to our next franchise QB...because we can do a LOT worse (and have).

Calm the fu(k down when you quote me and agree with me.  Sounds like youre the confused one buddy.

Or if you can find where Fitz was part of this post.  Quit with the Fitz talk already

I mean. ****. Revis.

what really bothers me about today is how either he was playing watkins, or how bowles was telling him to play watkins. Watkins' routes were designed to work against a 7-10 yard cushion. Once Revis started pressing in the 4th quarter it was too late. 

meh.  He puts us in the same position as least offseason.  Great year but choked when it mattered.  No closure on Geno.  Hope Petty develops. Etc

Bottom line is, It's the offseason so it was all for nothing.  No trophies for 10 wins. It means nothing. 

Geno was injured. Are you seriously suggesting Fitz should have been benched for Geno?

I'm pretty sure most fans had given up on him anyways. He'd been a bottom 5 QB two years in a row. 

Everything is for nothing ever by that logic unless you win a Superbowl. You must be a pretty miserable bastard. It was a good season and I enjoyed most of it. We're not in a terrible position going forward and there's no reason we can't be competitive again next season.

Hahaha please pour liquid on your computer. You have no idea what you are talking about. He threw more touchdowns in a single season than any Jet QB ever but it's "meaningless". Not to mention your One Read "analysis" was completely wrong. On the Decker TD he actually CAME BACK TO Decker after going through all of his progressions.

.Jets QBs just suck. Sanchez has some records for us too and Sanchez sucks. Fitz's record doesn't mean anything.

On the Decker TD, Fitzpatrick predetermined the throw the whole time. The coordinator cut the field in half to account for Fitz's limitations, and Fitz just looked right to move the safety before passing to Decker. He never intended to pass to the right no matter what (so your assertion he was "going through his progressions is wrong". The guy you see trailing Decker is the safety Fitz moved. So Fitz didn't go through any "progressions" (he rarely does). He literally just saw the Decker mismatch and was going to throw there the whole time regardless of what happened. 

He did the same thing with the red zone INT. He predetermined and one read the throw to Marshall based on the match up and lost. Fitz doesn't go through progressions, lol.

All for nothing? This season showed we likely have a capable GM and HC. They'll both build on this season and the team will be set to improve on these results. I'd say that's meaningful. Would you have preferred 4-12 and needing to fire some people?

I don't think this season proved anything.  It Proved they could miss the post season with a loaded team and the best offensive output they've had in 15 years and a top 5 D vs the easiest schedule in the league.  That's not a good thing,

Herm, Mangini and Rex all had better first years, did that mean we finally had the right GM and HC?

I don't think this season proved anything.  It Proved they could miss the post season with a loaded team and the best offensive output they've had in 15 years and a top 5 D vs the easiest schedule in the league.  That's not a good thing,

Herm, Mangini and Rex all had better first years, did that mean we finally had the right GM and HC?

Exactly. So why give up on this pairing, when better pairings have failed too?

You left out where the season proved some fans dont get it.  They think a 6 win improvement and the things you mentioned are meaningless 

Actually they didn't have better first years. They walked into better rosters and luckily snuck in with 9-win seasons. We were very clearly one of the top teams in the AFC most of the season. 

Two of Fitz's TDs today were to wide open one-read players - one to wide open Marshall after he easily beat Buffalo's weakest DB and another to Decker in the middle of the field when he easily beat Graham. Fitz literally never moved his eyes from either and just watched them outplay their CBs. Any QB can do that - Austin Davis could and would have made both throws given the degree of difficulty. Austin Davis is a backup and so is Fitz.
The 30 TD benchmark doesn't mean anything when you consider the system and the weapons. Fitz will regress next season when teams study Gailey's offense, after he was gone so long, and adjust. We should draft a QB in the 2nd this year.

This would be completely wrong.  

Geno was injured. Are you seriously suggesting Fitz should have been benched for Geno?

I'm pretty sure most fans had given up on him anyways. He'd been a bottom 5 QB two years in a row. 

Everything is for nothing ever by that logic unless you win a Superbowl. You must be a pretty miserable bastard. It was a good season and I enjoyed most of it. We're not in a terrible position going forward and there's no reason we can't be competitive again next season.

No.  Im saying we learned nothing about this team from this season so thats why its meaningless.

it was a fun year.  Loved watching Fitzmagic but it was all for nothing.  We are in no better position heading into 2016 than we were in 2015.

No.  Im saying we learned nothing about this team from this season so thats why its meaningless.

it was a fun year.  Loved watching Fitzmagic but it was all for nothing.  We are in no better position heading into 2016 than we were in 2015.

The fact that it was a fun year is enough to make it meaningful.

And I disagree with your statement.

Teams will have a full offseason to watch Fitz in this offense and what has tendencies are.

I only want him back at a 1yr deal at cheap money otherwise no.  Just draft a qb

Because teams don't have video today.  Need more than a week or two to get tendencies down.

Actually they didn't have better first years. They walked into better rosters and luckily snuck in with 9-win seasons. We were very clearly one of the top teams in the AFC most of the season. 

herm had a good team in '01, Mangini had an easy schedule in 2006 and Rex had el turnover at qb

Stupid reactionary thread, Fitz just had statistically the best season a Jets QB has ever had while running the Jets most productive offense of all time and with the Game on the line put the ball in Thompking hands for the game winner.

thank you

Forget it, people just cant be happy with all the good the Jets accomplished this season.

They're happier whining about 1 game than talking up the 10 wins.

I'd say getting in to the post season is better than not and I disagree those teams were better. 

The best teams in the AFC are in the post season.  This season doesn't guarantee next. 

Teams will have a full offseason to watch Fitz in this offense and what has tendencies are.

I only want him back at a 1yr deal at cheap money otherwise no.  Just draft a qb

And, this is totally baseless.

You want Fitz back on a multi-year deal that is reasonable on a per year basis as a potential back up..unless you want another has been like a 40 yr old Brunell.  The man can play, and would be very valuable as a back up QB.

Archived