Fitzpatrick is What He Is: NOT A STARTER

Dcronin

I understand the disappointment of not winning today but I think many of the comments here about Ryan Fitzpatrick and your defense are totally unwarranted.  Remember,  you came off of a year of 4-12 and finished this year at 10-6.  Before today,  you won 5 straight games with one against a 12-3 team.  Every team has a bad game or two during the season.  Unfortunately for Jets Fans,  today was one.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is a class act.  Remember at the start of your season,  he was your back up.  He did a great job for the team.  We are in need of a back up QB.  If you don't want him,  send him back to Buffalo.  

when the Bills fan is the voice of reason, Jet Nation should be ashamed. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are way too reactionary. You're not finding anyone better @ 20 or in free agency. Guy is pretty good and had a bad game.  Without him this year we have a losing record. Take a deep breath, take a few shots and enjoy a winning season.

What game were you watching? Taylor destroyed Jet DB's all day long, especially on 3rd down.  It was a pathetic performance by the Jet D facing a team that didn't have 3 of their top players on offense. Scorched as in burned to smithereens.  Get it? Got it? Good.    

I don't get it you said Taylor Torched us and he most certainly did not. All he did was take what we gave him and that was giving way to big a cushion to Watkins. The Bills had nothing without Watkins yet we continued to give him the cushion allowing long 3rd down conversions it was the non adjustment on defense that was baffling.  Watkins and Taylor was basically pitch and catch all day long with zero adjustment

When you add that with the fact the Jets must have dropped at least 5 3rd down conversions and 2 possible game winners its obvious you can't win games like that.

The other mystery was why on a day when winds are blowing at 30MPH gusts did we not run the ball down their throats with Ivory ?? Nobody but NOBODY throws the ball well with those kind of winds yet the game plan kept throwing passes downfield over and over. Sorry but this was the classic run the ball and win game and we simply did not do it and that's why we lost the football game.

Those of you relying solely on the QB to pull out every freakin football game the Jets play are in for a rude awakening and maybe that came today.

What cost us this game in summary ....

6 Dropped Passes, most in critical situations

Some really terrible penalties that were avoidable that extended drives

20 yard punt from our own end zone that cost 7 points

Missed field goal

Non adjustment on Watkins by the DC

And the Interception by Fitz on the throw to Decker

We lost as a team and we used a really stupid game plan. That's pretty much it

You guys are way too reactionary. You're not finding anyone better @ 20 or in free agency. Guy is pretty good and had a bad game.  Without him this year we have a losing record. Take a deep breath, take a few shots and enjoy a winning season.

Yeah I've read about 1000 times that without Fitz we would have been a 6 win team.  I still don't believe it.

I don't get it you said Taylor Torched us and he most certainly did not. All he did was take what we gave him and that was giving way to big a cushion to Watkins. The Bills had nothing without Watkins yet we continued to give him the cushion allowing long 3rd down conversions it was the non adjustment on defense that was baffling.  Watkins and Taylor was basically pitch and catch all day long with zero adjustment

When you add that with the fact the Jets must have dropped at least 5 3rd down conversions and 2 possible game winners its obvious you can't win games like that.

The other mystery was why on a day when winds are blowing at 30MPH gusts did we not run the ball down their throats with Ivory ?? Nobody but NOBODY throws the ball well with those kind of winds yet the game plan kept throwing passes downfield over and over. Sorry but this was the classic run the ball and win game and we simply did not do it and that's why we lost the football game.

Those of you relying solely on the QB to pull out every freakin football game the Jets play are in for a rude awakening and maybe that came today.

What cost us this game in summary ....

6 Dropped Passes, most in critical situations

Some really terrible penalties that were avoidable that extended drives

20 yard punt from our own end zone that cost 7 points

Missed field goal

Non adjustment on Watkins by the DC

And the Interception by Fitz on the throw to Decker

Perfectly stated. Post of the day. The 1st quarter was absolutely brutal & gave the Bills all of the confidence they needed to play for 60 minutes. Jets poor play made it easy for the Bills players to stay interested. Enunwa dropped shovel pass was 6! Missed FG, Fitz pick in FG range, sh*t, that's just 3 plays in 60 minutes that would have changed the entire complexion of the game.

Yea you are right - So many things went wrong.  As the saying goes, what can go wrong will go wrong.   That TAylor kid is onteh verge of becoming special - he has a lot of Russell Wilson in him.

This sounds wonderful on paper. And I think if the Jets had lost a playoff spot to the Patriots last week and won this week, it would have been business as usual, thanks for the 10-win season, let's build on this and nice job beating Rex to finish things off. Unfortunately that's not how things went down, and this team came out totally flat in the biggest game in half a decade against probably the biggest troll of a douchebag and blew it in pretty epic fashion. It's not the fact that they didn't make the playoffs, or that anyone can't appreciate 10 wins after only winning 4, it's just the way in which it all went down. That Bowles and this roster allowed it to happen is completely deflating.

This sounds wonderful on paper. And I think if the Jets had lost a playoff spot to the Patriots last week and won this week, it would have been business as usual, thanks for the 10-win season, let's build on this and nice job beating Rex to finish things off. Unfortunately that's not how things went down, and this team came out totally flat in the biggest game in half a decade against probably the biggest troll of a douchebag and blew it in pretty epic fashion. It's not the fact that they didn't make the playoffs, or that anyone can't appreciate 10 wins after only winning 4, it's just the way in which it all went down. That Bowles and this roster allowed it to happen is completely deflating.

Rutgers did they come out flat or did they come out stupid ?

Well said - it was RexLike.

Yeah I've read about 1000 times that without Fitz we would have been a 6 win team.  I still don't believe it.

True. Probably 3 or 4 wins at most. 

Sure doesn't take much for the Genoids to get re-energized. Genoids have one major advantage in any debate--he hasn't played this year to prove them wrong.

Sure doesn't take much for the Genoids to get re-energized. Genoids have one major advantage in any debate--he hasn't played this year to prove them wrong.

What would your reaction be like right now if Geno threw 3 picks today, dont bother I already now he did in meaningless games and you guys wanted to burn his house down with him in it, 

What would your reaction be like right now if Geno threw 3 picks today, dont bother I already now he did in meaningless games and you guys wanted to burn his house down with him in it, 

This game would've also been meaningless had Geno been the starter this year.

I like Fitz and he is good enough to be a starter. He's not elite but he's better than a game manager. But two things you see consistently with him: his passes are regularly tipped. And he's a slow starter and really not good enough to consistently bring a team back from behind. But today even though he had a mediocre game he put his team in a position to win. Even with bad weather conditions and on the road. Really nobody ever thought this Jets team was better than the Bills.

You're absolutely right. I started this nonsense in a state of raw anger. He had 30TD passes. Still he sh*t the bed today, along with a lot of Jets. My God it's such a shame. Still stings.

Fitz is a decent quarterback but not a great one. You can expect him to run the offense but not carry the team. He was in a system he was familiar with but had good skill players. What needs to happen is the overall quality of the position needs to get better. I don't know if that happens though. We have a lot of needs and only six picks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

yall gotta relax lol we just got out coached and had a few bonehead plays. Fitz forcing it to Decker sucked but our defense not adjusting to the Bills offense (which was running the same 3 running plays and abusing revis because he was playing 11 yards off of their best player) we just went 10-6 when most people thought we would be awful. Beat the Pats, knocked Andrew Luck on his ass, watched a backup qb take over the offense and lead us through a great season. Yeah it sucks losing to rex and it sucks picking 20th and not making the playoffs but damn we're on the right path. Beef up the o=line get a pass rusher and we're fine. FItz is a journeymen who just had the best season any Jet qb ever had give him a break hes not the only reason we lost.

Fitz is a decent quarterback but not a great one. You can expect him to run the offense but not carry the team. He was in a system he was familiar with but had good skill players. What needs to happen is the overall quality of the position needs to get better. I don't know if that happens though. We have a lot of needs and only six picks.

You don't choose one path or the other. You extend Fitz and keep looking for Joe Willie's successor. It's only been 40 years give or take.

You don't choose one path or the other. You extend Fitz and keep looking for Joe Willie's successor. It's only been 40 years give or take.

Who is out there after the first few QBS are taken that are any good? This year's draft class is terrible. I'd rather try to fill out the OL And LB core. If we acquire some extra picks it might be a different story.

As for Qb next season I go with the 3 guys we had this season.I'd like to see what Geno does during the exhibition season. He played in only one game this year but was ok. He should have like Petty rode the pines earlier in his NFL career. But this season he did and maybe he learned something. I don't think he learned how to not get people on his team pissed off at him because he never showed any contrition for his dispute with IK. But unlike guys like Johnny M he really created no off the field problems during the season. At worst he is a decent backup Qb for 2016. And with all of the injuries you need someone who can play NFL football. He's on the last year of his rookie deal so he won't be too expensive.  

As for Qb next season I go with the 3 guys we had this season.I'd like to see what Geno does during the exhibition season. He played in only one game this year but was ok. He should have like Petty rode the pines earlier in his NFL career. But this season he did and maybe he learned something. I don't think he learned how to not get people on his team pissed off at him because he never showed any contrition for his dispute with IK. But unlike guys like Johnny M he really created no off the field problems during the season. At worst he is a decent backup Qb for 2016. And with all of the injuries you need someone who can play NFL football. He's on the last year of his rookie deal so he won't be too expensive.  

Your post is well reasoned but I disagree. I'd rather have a flier 7th rounder as third string than have this clown on roster any longer. All evidence says he is a box o' rocks. The only argument that he is worth something is maybes and what ifs. And you know what they say: if only if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno is better eh? LMAO

Exactly.  Some, when evaluating Fitz, choose to use the term "journeyman" as a reason to bring up the fact that the guy that's been cut a bunch of times.  I prefer to view him as a guy who has always found a job as a starting QB in this league, and has finally found the right place to maximize his abilities.

Meanwhile, you'll be hard pressed to find a team going forward desperate enough to make Geno their starter.  And that may well be the case the rest of his pro career.

Exactly.  Some, when evaluating Fitz, choose to use the term "journeyman" as a reason to bring up the fact that the guy that's been cut a bunch of times.  I prefer to view him as a guy who has always found a job as a starting QB in this league, and has finally found the right place to maximize his abilities.

Meanwhile, you'll be hard pressed to find a team going forward desperate enough to make Geno their starter.  And that may well be the case the rest of his pro career.

Geno bashing doesn't apply in any argument today Fitzpatrick didnt win anything here and neither did Geno. 

Archived