This Reminds Me of Detroit '97

Gen X Jet

The Leon Johnson half back opt.  n game.  Parcells' first year. The team exceeds expectations but sh*ts the bed with the playoffs on the line. 

The next year after that was a good one for the Jetsies so we can perhaps take some solace in that... 

I was thinking the same thing  

It seemed like Tuna gave that game away to spite Neil O'Donnell.

3 awful moments:  Yes the dumbazz half back option, The Ray Lucas Pic, and the worst - Neil waiting for a penalty on the crowd to pizz away our last hope, seeing Tuna yell at him after it.

The Leon Johnson half back option game.  Parcells' first year. The team exceeds expectations but sh*ts the bed with the playoffs on the line. 

The next year after that was a good one for the Jetsies so we can perhaps take some solace in that... 

Pretty damn close.

Thanks for the reminder of that. Especially today. Anyone else got some sh*tty moments they'd like to remind me of that I've tried to suppress?

Mud Bowl

My first real Jets memory.  16 years before we even went back to an AFC Championship game.

it doesn't, in 1997 we were coming out of the dark ages.  we went from 10 wins TOTAL the 3 previous years to 9-7.  that year was a success, we had Bill parcells and knew things would get better w/ a younger roster.  Now we have an old roster and a HC w/ many question marks.  I hope 2016 looks like 1998 but I think the likelihood is we tale a step back next year before going forward again.

Archived