FA Wish List

deucebag

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced that there will be a lot of cap dollars to sign very many free agents.  Every DL and lB we have will be FAs except those we drafted last year and Harris.  I know we can gain some space by releasing Cro and reworking D'Brick and Mangold but after resigning Wilk and Fitz, I think we will be strapped to fill all the FA departures.

Scooby Wright and David Harris in the middle next year baby.

Things to consider in favour of continuing with Fitz (other than those already stated) :

• He'll come into camp as the definite starter. Lots of time to work with both the established guys and the lower level guys to improve chemistry and understanding
  • He'll come into camp fully healthy - last year he was very limited by his previous leg break. Same as above for getting time with the surrounding cast
  • Gailey and he can plan for him being the starter from Week 1. Remember that up until "the IK Incident" we were planning to start Geno
  • Leadership - the offense especially REALLY respond to this guys demeanour, toughness and leadership. That cannot be imported, it has to be grown. Moving on from him now you're back to square one again, and disrupt a cohesive locker room
  • Maybe we can teach him how to slide a bit more often :lol:

Things to consider in favour of continuing with Fitz (other than those already stated) :

• He'll come into camp as the definite starter. Lots of time to work with both the established guys and the lower level guys to improve chemistry and understanding
  • He'll come into camp fully healthy - last year he was very limited by his previous leg break. Same as above for getting time with the surrounding cast
  • Gailey and he can plan for him being the starter from Week 1. Remember that up until "the IK Incident" we were planning to start Geno
  • Leadership - the offense especially REALLY respond to this guys demeanour, toughness and leadership. That cannot be imported, it has to be grown. Moving on from him now you're back to square one again, and disrupt a cohesive locker room
  • Maybe we can teach him how to slide a bit more often :lol:

By my count when we re-sign Fitz it will be the first offseason in 4 years without the dreaded "qb competition"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEAH that's what I'm talkin about! Dude reminds me of Wendell Tyler...for those of you to young to know who that is ...check him out on youtube. Played for the Rams and 49er's. 

Wendell was a much shiftier & better back.

What I remember about Wendell Tyler is that I liked Lawrence McCutcheon better.

Mohamed Sanu WR - Please

Finally, somebody advocating taking a Rutgers player without character concerns.  Sanu is a big bodied dude that might fit what they like, but he isn't taking the top off of anything.  If they sign him they will have to hope for Smith to step up.  They will also need a returner for punts at least.  They will quite possibly be letting Cro and Kerley go.  Based on what they have around returns will probably have to come from RB. 

Don't really care whether a FA WR is a burner or not. I maaaaaybe overrated Sanu with the "please." He will get paid. Jairus Wright and Leonard Hankerson might be better buys. 

Anyone else as big on an Andre Smith or signing as me? One of those post-hype guys quietly putting together a quality career. There's a shot he can be moved to LT the season after next. 

Land Fitzpatrick, Smith, Irvin, and one of those punters and things are looking up. 

Don't really care whether a FA WR is a burner or not. I maaaaaybe overrated Sanu with the "please." He will get paid. Jairus Wright and Leonard Hankerson might be better buys. 

Anyone else as big on an Andre Smith or signing as me? One of those post-hype guys quietly putting together a quality career. There's a shot he can be moved to LT the season after next. 

Land Fitzpatrick, Smith, Irvin, and one of those punters and things are looking up. 

I wasn't badmouthing the choice of Sanu.  I'd love him.  I was just thinking that we appear set at DB and WR and the two guys probably leaving are our punt and kick returners.  I would definitely kick the tires on Smith even if I can't hear the name without thinking of his 40.  Eeek!  I think he will be looking to get paid like an LT though and that may make him cost prohibitive. If we are contemplating moving him there in a year or two, you can bet somebody is contemplating doing it sooner and I think the price difference LT to RT is about double.

I wasn't badmouthing the choice of Sanu.  I'd love him.  I was just thinking that we appear set at DB and WR and the two guys probably leaving are our punt and kick returners.  I would definitely kick the tires on Smith even if I can't hear the name without thinking of his 40.  Eeek!  I think he will be looking to get paid like an LT though and that may make him cost prohibitive. If we are contemplating moving him there in a year or two, you can bet somebody is contemplating doing it sooner and I think the price difference LT to RT is about double.

it looks like we are set on the depth chart at WR but it never felt like it with Thompkins and Smith not exactly contributing like we needed. We have to be patient with Smith but that doesn't mean we can use a solid  WR still.

it looks like we are set on the depth chart at WR but it never felt like it with Thompkins and Smith not exactly contributing like we needed. We have to be patient with Smith but that doesn't mean we can use a solid  WR still.

I am 100% sure they don't consider us set with Thompkins and Smith.  I was referring to adding Sanu to Marshall, Decker, Smith and Kerley. Kerley may be cut, but that group does not have anybody we are too psyched about being a returner.  I am not ready to totally write off Smith as a kick returner, so if they keep Kerley they could be set (at a low level) at returner.  Assuming they dump Kerley and Cromartie they will probably need to fill Kerley's spot with somebody that could return. 

Wendell was a much shiftier & better back.

Wendell Tyler was amazing. A rare talent. I was a huge Rams fan back then and was crushed when he went to the 49'ers.  Miller has parts of his game and in the right place, could experience 'Greener' Pastures.   

Archived