2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wright to have surgey. Lagares to DL. What the **** with the past 4-5 weeks. How do no other contenders ever go through this type of sh*t?

Wilmer just got taken out...**** me :unsure:

13 hours ago, adb280z said:

He's a better option for them than Ty Kelly, Eric Campbell and James Loney.

I was the biggest Reyes fan on the planet, so it pains me to say this, but I honestly don't know if the above is even the case. He looked absolutely awful last year, and a domestic violence case is a terrible look that I'm not so sure the team needs right now.

I don't know what happened to my Jose, but watching him just basically refuse to play on Colorado last year sucked. That's not the guy I saw hit for the cycle at Shea and loved watching every day. I don't think he's worth the risk between the attitude and beating the crap out of his wife, not to mention that he's just not a very good baseball player anymore.

I was the biggest Reyes fan on the planet, so it pains me to say this, but I honestly don't know if the above is even the case. He looked absolutely awful last year, and a domestic violence case is a terrible look that I'm not so sure the team needs right now.

I don't know what happened to my Jose, but watching him just basically refuse to play on Colorado last year sucked. That's not the guy I saw hit for the cycle at Shea and loved watching every day. I don't think he's worth the risk between the attitude and beating the crap out of his wife, not to mention that he's just not a very good baseball player anymore.

He costs nothing. If he doesn't work out they can drop him.

He's not the first player to have a disastrous half season after being traded from a contender to a rebuilding team

2 minutes ago, adb280z said:

He costs nothing. If he doesn't work out they can drop him.

He's not the first player to have a disastrous half season after being traded from a contender to a rebuilding team

He costs a lot actually, because the distractions that the clubhouse will face every day are going to be constant. It's a really bad look for any team that picks him up. And his play didn't fall off, he refused to even try. Huge difference.

He costs a lot actually, because the distractions that the clubhouse will face every day are going to be constant. It's a really bad look for any team that picks him up. And his play didn't fall off, he refused to even try. Huge difference.

He wasn't that bad in Colorado.

He hit .259 in Colorado for approximately 1/3 of a season. He stole 8 bases. That is not great.

He would cost the Mets a man on the 40 man roster, and I am not convinced he is even worth that.

What has Eric Campbell EVER done?

Do the Mets even have one player with 8 stolen bases?

Wright can go on the 60 day DL and free up a spot.

Fullmer now has the longest rookie scoreless streak since Fernando.

I don't think Reyes fills any holes for the team. Rumor has it the Padres are going to be big sellers. Will Myers seems to finally be living up to his potential AND plays 1st and the outfield. He has been so hot of late however  that his price tag is probably sky high. Wheeler? Watching Fullmer deal I would hate to lose another young stud SP but Myers might be worth it. 

18 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I don't think Reyes fills any holes for the team. Rumor has it the Padres are going to be big sellers. Will Myers seems to finally be living up to his potential AND plays 1st and the outfield. He has been so hot of late however  that his price tag is probably sky high. Wheeler? Watching Fullmer deal I would hate to lose another young stud SP but Myers might be worth it. 

Myers will cost you, a lot.

What about Matt Kemp? We need a ******* bat in the lineup, desperately. A real bat.

Not really seeing us with the Reyes idea. But, I can see Jose giving it a good shot to prove something as his career wanes. Hope somebody grabs him and he does well anyway. 

15 hours ago, no psls said:

It's Happy Harvey Day ; It's Happy Harvey Day ; but what if the Braves knock him around ...

56989468.jpg

This one's on you. Please go reference what you posted for his prior two starts and do something along those lines again. Whatever you changed you should be ashamed of yourself for not staying consistent. Rule #1 in baseball at all times is you don't mess with winning streaks.

33 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Forget how well that trade has worked out for both teams for a second; it is absolutely mind-boggling that the Mets turned out yet another stud arm. We should just do nothing but draft and develop pitchers going forward.

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

What about Matt Kemp? We need a ******* bat in the lineup, desperately. A real bat.

I like Kemp but whoever they acquire is going to have to be able to play first or third. Preferably third, because Wright is probably done for the year and they're going to need a full time guy.

Root for Oakland to bomb. Because if they fall far enough out I can definitely see Valencia becoming a Met. The Mets have already made it clear they want him and the fact that he's on a one-year deal means he won't cost us anything too outlandish.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I like Kemp but whoever they acquire is going to have to be able to play first or third. Preferably third, because Wright is probably done for the year and they're going to need a full time guy.

Root for Oakland to bomb. Because if they fall far enough out I can definitely see Valencia becoming a Met. The Mets have already made it clear they want him and the fact that he's on a one-year deal means he won't cost us anything too outlandish.

I think Wilmer and Kelly are our 3rd basemen for now. If Sandy goes and gets a solid 3rd baseman that can hit I'll be happy. Especially if he's a long term answer.

Kemp would be a short term guy to get another slugger into our lineup. I'm starting to get weary of not having that. It's desperate, critical. And I don't like Duda in the 3,4, or 5 hole either. Too inconsistent. So it's on top of getting everybody back. Ces outclasses Duda, and Ces deserves some gottdam help here.

It's actually starting to piss me off and I'm a patient fan and all on board with everything that's happened going back to before Noah and Matz arrived. 

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I think Wilmer and Kelly are our 3rd basemen for now. If Sandy goes and gets a solid 3rd baseman that can hit I'll be happy. Especially if he's a long term answer.

Kemp would be a short term guy to get another slugger into our lineup. I'm starting to get weary of not having that. It's desperate, critical. And I don't like Duda in the 3,4, or 5 hole either. Too inconsistent. So it's on top of getting everybody back. Ces outclasses Duda, and Ces deserves some gottdam help here.

It's actually starting to piss me off and I'm a patient fan and all on board with everything that's happened going back to before Noah and Matz arrived. 

An everyday outfielder also means you have to send Conforto back down, which might be for the best anyways. But man, what a bummer that would be. And I think I'd like to see them give Nimmo a call-up before they try for some outside help. He's earned it.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

An everyday outfielder also means you have to send Conforto back down, which might be for the best anyways. But man, what a bummer that would be. And I think I'd like to see them give Nimmo a call-up before they try for some outside help. He's earned it.

Actually I'm not really pissed, but getting frustrated.

Kemp doesn't even have to be a full time guy. And I don't think it looks good for Lagares either. Roll with Ces, Grandy, Conforto, and Kemp and everybody get's to play.

The Nimmo, Herrera options may be there too. Bring in Nimmo and chuck De Aza. Send him to where ever Campbell is and never bring him back. 

But I still want a bat in the middle of the lineup. Give me Kemp or Votto......Gimme a PLAYER to go with Ces........PLEASE!

A solid top of the order guy, real solid, that gets on base and runs well wood suffice also. An infielder or Centerfielder.

Okay, I vented.

1 hour ago, GimmeShelter said:

Reyes could backup 2nd, SS and could play 3rd.  He has the arm for 3rd.  He'd be more of a threat than Matt Reynolds will ever be.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Not really seeing us with the Reyes idea. But, I can see Jose giving it a good shot to prove something as his career wanes. Hope somebody grabs him and he does well anyway. 

Where would Kemp play?  You don't pay that much in talent and $ to have him split time with their 3 OFers.  OF is not the Mets problem.  Right now they don't have a 1b or 3b.  That's what they should be looking at.

32 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Where would Kemp play?  You don't pay that much in talent and $ to have him split time with their 3 OFers.  OF is not the Mets problem.  Right now they don't have a 1b or 3b.  That's what they should be looking at.

The Mets problem is they don't hit and they don't score runs. It not about a missing a positional player. We suck right now and we're wasting Ces. If Duda was here right now doing his up and down act I'd still call for a Kemp type to fill this damn roster out.

They're better now with Kelly and Wilmer at 3rd than they were with Wright anyway.

You don't like Kemp to alleviate the piss poor production in the middle of the lineup out of our outfielders? A good team can play four good outfielders easily. It would serve all four of them well actually..

I need a bat. I don't care where he plays lol

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The Mets problem is they don't hit and they don't score runs. It not about a missing a positional player. We suck right now and we're wasting Ces. If Duda was here right now doing his up and down act I'd still call for a Kemp type to fill this damn roster out.

They're better now with Kelly and Wilmer at 3rd than they were with Wright anyway.

You don't like to Kemp to alleviate the piss poor production in the middle of the lineup out of our outfielders? A good team can play four good outfielders easily. It would serve all four of them well actually..

I need a bat. I don't care where he plays lol

The Mets aren't going to pay $20 million for Kemp + $25 for Cespedes + $16 for Granderson to sit one of them.  That means Conforto goes to minors.  They need a corner bat.

Yulieski Gourriel would make a ton of sense for them. 

9 minutes ago, adb280z said:

The Mets aren't going to pay $20 million for Kemp + $25 for Cespedes + $16 for Granderson to sit one of them.  That means Conforto goes to minors.  They need a corner bat.

Yulieski Gourriel would make a ton of sense for them. 

The long term part of Kemp's contract is untenable. I agree. And I wouldn't want him after this year. So if we were straddled with him after this year you can't do that. You're right. But if we could just bring him in for the short term, this year, I would do that. Nothing wrong with giving each guy a break and playing all four of them a lot. 

I would like Gourriel move tho. Would he be ready to step right in tho? IDK.That'll cost the Coupons too. Oh, My!

The Wilpons need to help here and maybe carry somebody's money to make this easier for Sandy to fix.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Actually I'm not really pissed, but getting frustrated.

Kemp doesn't even have to be a full time guy. And I don't think it looks good for Lagares either. Roll with Ces, Grandy, Conforto, and Kemp and everybody get's to play.

The Nimmo, Herrera options may be there too. Bring in Nimmo and chuck De Aza. Send him to where ever Campbell is and never bring him back. 

But I still want a bat in the middle of the lineup. Give me Kemp or Votto......Gimme a PLAYER to go with Ces........PLEASE!

A solid top of the order guy, real solid, that gets on base and runs well wood suffice also. An infielder or Centerfielder.

Okay, I vented.

The problem is Granderson makes too much to sit (and he's also swinging the bat well now anyways) and Cespedes is untouchable, so that leaves one position. You can't platoon Conforto or Nimmo simply because young prospects need to play. So if you're bringing in any outfielders right now you're sending both of those guys down to the minors until next year.

I get being frustrated with the hitting, but it's not because the team is in a slump. They have been ravaged by injuries for the second year in a row. And like last year they'll get healthy. The one place where we can effectively say that isn't going to happen is third base.

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The problem is Granderson makes too much to sit (and he's also swinging the bat well now anyways) and Cespedes is untouchable, so that leaves one position. You can't platoon Conforto or Nimmo simply because young prospects need to play. So if you're bringing in any outfielders right now you're sending both of those guys down to the minors until next year.

I get being frustrated with the hitting, but it's not because the team is in a slump. They have been ravaged by injuries for the second year in a row. And like last year they'll get healthy. The one place where we can effectively say that isn't going to happen is third base.

We'll see. I would like to be pro-active in getting a player in here. I don't like the idea of waiting on the injured guys with out a legitimate player in place if they don't cut. I don't like the thinking that because a guy is getting paid a certain amount he needs to play, i.e. Grandy. Back him off a little. They can do that. Terry would do it in heart beat.

It's time to produce and we're in jeopardy of falling short at this rate. I understand the Coupon budget crap. But it's time for them to get their heads out of their asses too. 

Under the best of circumstances I still think we need to be pro-active to get over the hump. And the Wilpons need to play a part.

I do think Sandy will make moves to keep us in the hunt anyway, and look forward to how things develop. I just don't want to look back and say that we missed it this year because of injuries and we didn't do enough about it.

I don't want to hear the injury excuse anymore.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This one's on you. Please go reference what you posted for his prior two starts and do something along those lines again. Whatever you changed you should be ashamed of yourself for not staying consistent. Rule #1 in baseball at all times is you don't mess with winning streaks.

Are we superstitious ?

1546d55.jpg

Archived