PACKERS @ CARDINALS

jetrider

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all teams need a little luck in order to get to the big game, you just have to be good enough to capitalize on that luck when it's handed to you. kind of like how the jets weren't good enough to go to the playoffs when they were handed a gift wrapped opportunity on a silver platter

And much of football comes down to fortune and bounces...how incredibly fortuitous was it for Palmer to get that deflected touchdown right after the pass that should have been an easy INT down by the goal line. And then winning the coin toss, after the avalanche of momentum the Packers must have had. Then, how about receivers making huge plays...unknowns on Green Bay making clutch catch after catch, and Larry Fitzgerald turning a five yard pass into 70 yards. Makes me think of our receivers in our "big game" dropping first downs and not able to secure even a shovel pass...football is a team game, QB's are far from perfect, even one who throws many bad passes and INT's in a game can be a hero when they are surrounded by a team.

anyone listen to Arians post game?...the guy knows the game of football....He knew exactly what he did, why he did it - and is comfortable with every decision he made.  No question asked him made him think, just seemed like he had a total handle on the game - very impressive.  I hope TB learned a lot from him...

Imagine if we had him on the Jets.

"Fitz to Fitz TD!!

FitzMagic^2

If he was a Jet, and that was our team winning in that fashion - i'd consider raising funds to build a life-size statue of him outside the stadium. I'd leave flowers by it every Sunday and make it my life's mission to spread the gospel of Fitz.

...but he isn't a Jet, and that wasn't us ( :( ) so i don't have to do all that stupid sh*t...

Congratulations Cardinals. Credit to Palmer for coming thru at the end, he had a terrible game, but this was dramatic as hell so I wouldn't have had it any other way. Rodgers may have lost, but he is a god for connecting on that hail mary.  What a game!!!! Unforgettable stuff bro.

Palmer almost choked that game away.

Hopefully he has the postseason jitters out of his system (don't forget, he missed them with injury last year) and can complete this run... because someone is going to have to beat NE. The rate things are going, the other derps in the AFC are going to gift the Pats a SB berth.

anyone listen to Arians post game?...the guy knows the game of football....He knew exactly what he did, why he did it - and is comfortable with every decision he made.  No question asked him made him think, just seemed like he had a total handle on the game - very impressive.  I hope TB learned a lot from him...

I thought he was full of sh*t for calling a pass on 2nd and 8 on their last drive. You can take time off the clock against Aaron Rodgers, but you choose to target their best corner? Gotta hear the explanation for that.

I thought he was full of sh*t for calling a pass on 2nd and 8 on their last drive. You can take time off the clock against Aaron Rodgers, but you choose to target their best corner? Gotta hear the explanation for that.

I'm not saying every decision he made throughout the game was the right one (no one's is) but he seemed in total control and entirely aware of what happened in the game.  

Palmer almost choked that game away.

Hopefully he has the postseason jitters out of his system (don't forget, he missed them with injury last year) and can complete this run... because someone is going to have to beat NE. The rate things are going, the other derps in the AFC are going to gift the Pats a SB berth.

I was really hoping KC would have shown up and beat the Pats...Really don't think Denver or Pitt can beat them.  

I had also hoped Arizona could take them down in the SB - but if they play like they played tonight - Pats chop them up.  

I'm just so annoyed I have to spend another post season simply hoping the Pats lose...It's tiresome and not fun!

Same here. I think they are a team that the Jets can aspire to be. Strong, aggressive D that can force TOs and a grizzled vet QB that limits mistakes and can use his offensive weapons to exploit the D when he can.

That young running back David Johnson is something special.

Kid can run routes and catch like a WR. That catch to convert on 3rd and 10, insane. Got it by a chain-link.

Their whole team has a ton of will-power.

Same here. I think they are a team that the Jets can aspire to be. Strong, aggressive D that can force TOs and a grizzled vet QB that limits mistakes and can use his offensive weapons to exploit the D when he can.

A low-key team with a hipster coach. So glad that Janis Hail Mary was for naught. 

That young running back David Johnson is something special.

Kid can run routes and catch like a WR. That catch to convert on 3rd and 10, insane. Got it by a chain-link.

Their whole team has a ton of will-power.

Yeah. That Johnson is like Bilal Powell on steroids. Was an immense play.

A low-key team with a hipster coach. So glad that Janis Hail Mary was for naught. 

lol! Yeah. If the Cards get too popular, I'll start hating them, too.

Although never as much as the Pats. Or the Steelers. Or Dolphags. Or Bills...

Or Giants. Or Cowgirls.

I hate a lot of teams.

I was really hoping KC would have shown up and beat the Pats...Really don't think Denver or Pitt can beat them.  

I had also hoped Arizona could take them down in the SB - but if they play like they played tonight - Pats chop them up.  

I'm just so annoyed I have to spend another post season simply hoping the Pats lose...It's tiresome and not fun!

I literraly turn off the Pats games the minute they look like they're going to win the game... in this case early 4th quarter.

I just can't stand looking at those smug pricks Edelman, Gronk, Brady.

That double move by Gronk for the TD.... how does the CB bite THAT badly?? Terrible, just terrible.

I literraly turn off the Pats games the minute they look like they're going to win the game... in this case early 4th quarter.

I just can't stand looking at those smug pricks Edelman, Gronk, Brady.

That double move by Gronk for the TD.... how does the CB bite THAT badly?? Terrible, just terrible.

NE drove down field and scored on the first possession and set the tone for the game I knew then there it was over. 

One of the best, most exciting games I've ever seen.  Seeing Fitz take over was just great to watch.  And as badly as he played for most of the game, unbelievable escape and throw by Palmer.  

And what about Rodgers?  Geez, what a money player.  Sixty yard throw as he's about to be sacked and off his back foot?  No wonder he's dating Olivia Munn.

One of the best, most exciting games I've ever seen.  Seeing Fitz take over was just great to watch.  And as badly as he played for most of the game, unbelievable escape and throw by Palmer.  

And what about Rodgers?  Geez, what a money player.  Sixty yard throw as he's about to be sacked and off his back foot?  No wonder he's dating Olivia Munn.

lol, rematching that Rodgers throw... it was ridiculous... he threw it right to 2 defenders, and whoever that little WR was just ran in at the last second and stole the ball... both defenders failed to swat it down, and it was really on them to do that in a situation where it shouldn't have been hard.

Great play, that's the type of sh*t that makes the league fun... as long as the Jets aren't on the wrong end of it. :)

meh, would have been interesting to see his demeanor I'd they didn't have a miracle deflection on the same play as one of the worst no call offensive interference plays of the year.

lol, rematching that Rodgers throw... it was ridiculous... he threw it right to 2 defenders, and whoever that little WR was just ran in at the last second and stole the ball... both defenders failed to swat it down, and it was really on them to do that in a situation where it shouldn't have been hard.

Great play, that's the type of sh*t that makes the league fun... as long as the Jets aren't on the wrong end of it. :)

Right?  I always say that this weekend is the best week of NFL football.  That Cards-Packers game goes down as one of the GOAT for me.  As awesome and exciting as it gets.  

Rodgers throws perfect Hail Marys, not too deep, not too short. But two AZ defenders should not let one Jeff Janis outplay them for the ball ...

Archived