It Didn't Flip?

johnnyjet

I read the pats stat somewhere on line probably here. My issue is how did it NOT flip. That's hard to do without trying to do it.  Try it. 

LOL, I'm sure it's next to impossible to do.  How did it not flip?  I think it's just one of those very rare things.  It's not like they let it stand btw.  They re-flipped it.  I don't have an issue w/ what happened.  But I guess you're questioning the coin itself?  But it did flip the 2nd time so I don't see anything rigged there.  Plus don't they show the coin first and then a team calls heads or tails (so the ref can't pull out one coin if it's team A and a different coin if team B). 

I read the pats stat somewhere on line probably here. My issue is how did it NOT flip. That's hard to do without trying to do it.  Try it. 

I found this

THE ODDS: The Patriots won the coin toss, drawing an unusually loud cheer from the crowd.

New England has done a lot right this year while going 12-4, but the team has had some luck, too: The Patriots are 13-4 in coin tosses.

The Patriots decided to defer their decision to the second half and kicked off to the Baltimore Ravens to start the game. The Ravens scored a touchdown on that first drive.

Patriots have now won opening toss in 13 of their 17 games this year. Coin has fallen in their favor, no doubt.

I hate the NFL

I found this

THE ODDS: The Patriots won the coin toss, drawing an unusually loud cheer from the crowd.

New England has done a lot right this year while going 12-4, but the team has had some luck, too: The Patriots are 13-4 in coin tosses.

The Patriots decided to defer their decision to the second half and kicked off to the Baltimore Ravens to start the game. The Ravens scored a touchdown on that first drive.

Patriots have now won opening toss in 13 of their 17 games this year. Coin has fallen in their favor, no doubt.

I hate the NFL

ernie adams has found a way to manipulate the coin toss, unreal

Rodgers should be more upset at his defense for letting the Cards score so easily or at the NFL for letting OT end without both teams having a chance at the ball. The rule should be modified, AT THE VERY LEAST, for the Playoffs. I understand why you don't want long OTs in the regular season (guys get hurt), but in the playoffs the rules should be modified. 

Rodgers should be more upset at his defense for letting the Cards score so easily or at the NFL for letting OT end without both teams having a chance at the ball. The rule should be modified, AT THE VERY LEAST, for the Playoffs. I understand why you don't want long OTs in the regular season (guys get hurt), but in the playoffs the rules should be modified. 

As much as I agree with you, you can't have different rules for RS and PO's IMO. 

Next change in the NFL no more coin flip they will spin a bottle or play pin the tail on the donkey to determine who wins the choice of kicking or receiving. 

Would love pin the tail on the donkey but the league would say it's offensive to the Broncos.

it was heads both times.  rodgers wanted to recall the 2nd toss, but I don't think he should have been able to anyway

where did yo get the pats* stat ?

That's what the weird part about it - that the ref was so quick to re-do it. To me, it seemed like if Green Bay had won the toss, there's no chance that it would have been repeated.

Try tossing a coin that you are supposed to flip without actually flipping it. Impossible to do unless you are trying. Seemed like something fishy was going on and the guy realized he just did it wrong.

Why? Had the D just held them to a FG they would've got the ball back. It's like having a 6 point lead with 3 minutes to go. If you can't stop them from scoring a TD then you deserve to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do in hockey. Both sports are similar in that the physical toll is too much to deal with in the regular season. But it would suck if a super bowl is decided by who wins the coin toss. 

But it's not won by a coin toss. You have to stop them from scoring a TD. If you can't do that you deserve to lose.

But it's not won by a coin toss. You have to stop them from scoring a TD. If you can't do that you deserve to lose.

The NFL is the only professional sport that allows OT to end without the Offense having a chance to touch the ball. It would be like ending game 7 of the WS with a solo HR in the top of the 10th and not letting the offense come to bat. 

I understand the rule for the regular season, but for the playoffs it doesn't feel right at all. 

The NFL is the only professional sport that allows OT to end without the Offense having a chance to touch the ball. It would be like ending game 7 of the WS with a solo HR in the top of the 10th and not letting the offense come to bat. 

I understand the rule for the regular season, but for the playoffs it doesn't feel right at all. 

The NHL has sudden death OT.  Each sport lends itself to different sets of rules.

But they do get to touch the ball. All they have to do is not allow a TD. Let up a FG, get the ball. Force a punt, get the ball. Get a turnover and you get the ball. If you can't stop a team from scoring a TD when it's all on the line in the playoffs then you don't deserve it.

The NHL has sudden death OT.  Each sport lends itself to different sets of rules.

yeah, but there is a faceoff which allows both teams an equal chance to score. Using a coin flip in football allows 1 offense to never touch the ball. In baseball, both teams get a chance in extra innings, OT in basketball gives both offenses a chance, same with hockey. Only football keeps an entire unit on the bench without getting a chance to score. Sure the defense should make a stand, but that obviously doesn't always happen. It's just silly to handle a playoff game like that. 

Agree. Both team should possess the ball in overtime. Only issue with it, is that it is slightly biased then to the team getting the ball second. There is not perfect answer other than full quarters but the players would never agree to it and would put the winning team at a disadvantage in the next game.

Archived