No more talk of 2 AFC Championship games

southparkcpa

Yeah but no trophies. blah blah blah

Remember how you want, dont let these delusional dweebs piss on your memories.  2010 was hands down the best season ever for me as  Jets fan.  No close 2nd. 

Agreed. Me too. BUT.. ask Bills fans and Eagles fans how they feel.

Until we change our expactations, nothing will change.

SB teams dont hire tanny and bring in Tebow or allow their coach to wear a wig at a press conference.

JETS management/ownership has allowed this.

The packers, Giants even Panthers would NEVER allow their coach to put a wig on at a presser.  But Woody does. he thinks its kool.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coach who was in charge of those playoff runs has now set back two different franchises 5 years, while the team that declined to make him their HC won a Super Bowl in the middle of it all, with Joe Flacco as their QB no less. 

People can still talk about those playoff victories if they want to, but at this point it's like old men talking about their state titles from decades ago.  Except those guys got rings out of the deal, whereas we got nothing. 

Just because our franchise sucks historically doesn't mean we have to hold it in high regard that we won some playoff games 5 years ago.  It's a completely new regime running the show now and mostly everyone has moved on and is looking for this franchise to take the next step towards winning division titles and AFC championships. 

Flacco was (and might still be) a solid QB.

SB teams dont hire tanny and bring in Tebow or allow their coach to wear a wig at a press conference.

The packers, Giants even Panthers would NEVER allow their coach to put a wig on at a presser.  But Woody does. he thinks its kool.

oh so it's the fans that have caused us to not make any SBs?  b/c we talk about 2 title games? half the board hates Rex, tannenbaum, sanchez, Schottenheimer, etc... so you may be right but it's the fans that run off good players/coaches/GMs not the ones talking about title game apps.

Really...3 division titles in a row.   4 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance.  

Id say they have had more success.

lots of teams have similar records and many others worse than the Jets. Why pick out this team to make a comparison to?

I'm pretty confident my expectations have zero impact on what happens with the NY Jets.  

Id say their FIRM understanding that they need a REAL head coach and that they passed on REX was as important. Flacco with REX is Sanchez 2.0

And even if true how does that take anything away from how great he was that offseason?  How does he may have sucked under Rex change what he was and make him a joke? 

Other than you hate Rex and need new ways to kill him.  You need to get over Rex. He's gone.  Lol

Id say their FIRM understanding that they need a REAL head coach and that they passed on REX was as important. Flacco with REX is Sanchez 2.0

Flacco and sanchez were very similar for many years.  Flacco took off as Baltimore kept adding pieces around him while they stripped mark of all the talent around him.  That's not a Rex issue. 

it's amazing the awful fans we have that crap on some of the most successful people we have had in this organization.

And even if true how does that take anything away from how great he was that offseason?  How does he may have sucked under Rex change what he was and make him a joke? 

Other than you hate Rex and need new ways to kill him.  You need to get over Rex. He's gone.  Lol

he's just clueless.

Flacco was the main reason they got to and won the SB.  He was great that postseason. 

Yeah, he proved he was the goods that post-season.  He deserved the money they paid him.  Carson Wentz does seem Flacco-esque (based on my small amount of research on Wentz) so he's an intriguing prospect should we have a chance at him.

And let's not forget the Ravens very aggressively went after QBs.  I remember they traded a 1st rounder to New England for Kyle Boller.  When he didn't pan out (from wiki looks like they gave him 5 season) they drafted Flacco, also in the 1st round.

Yeah, he proved he was the goods that post-season.  He deserved the money they paid him.  Carson Wentz does seem Flacco-esque (based on my small amount of research on Wentz) so he's an intriguing prospect should we have a chance at him.

And let's not forget the Ravens very aggressively went after QBs.  I remember they traded a 1st rounder to New England for Kyle Boller.  When he didn't pan out (from wiki looks like they gave him 5 season) they drafted Flacco, also in the 1st round.

You have to keep trying to find a franchise QB if you don't have one.  You can't draft a Sanchez and pray he'll develop just because he went 5.  90% fail, you can't count on getting lucky.   Think Macc will grab another QB this year.  Don't think he's counting on a 4th round project being our savior down the road

This is so much more than REX.  Its 45 years of frustration. Assume we limit it to just Woody...this team still does not follow the pattern of teams that succeed.

I am however, upbeat with our new GM. 

Shotty was the real hero of the two afc title games, people just refuse to acknowledge it.

-  Has to put up with an awful awful head coach who cares only about defense.

- Has to put up with a raw immature rookie with lousy pocket presence and very inaccurate.

- Has to put up with a GM that uses 9/10ths of all resources on defense and cow toeing to Rex.

- Cobbles some good O performances in the title games, the defense falls flat on its ass.

They should have erected a statue of him in front of the new stadium.

Yeah but no trophies. blah blah blah

Rex guaranteed a Super Bowl and fell short after 6 years, with the franchise moving backwards each year.  Bowles came in promising steady growth, and displayed it in 1 year. 

He could be another in a long line of coaching failures for us.  But while we have enough evidence to say Rex sucks and always pretty much has, we cannot say that yet about Bowles.

He's average, but displayed the ability to elevate his play.  But he's definitely not on the level of Brady, Manning or Ben.  He was the worst AFC QB to win a title since Trent Dilfer for those very same Ravens.

I don't think people appreciate hpo great Flacco was that postseason run and how good he has been overall.  you don't make all but 2 postseasons in a career by accident.

Really...3 division titles in a row.   4 conference championship appearances, 1 SB appearance.  

Id say they have had more success.

Yes, really. By your own statement we can no longer use conference championships as barometers of success. You are judged by SB victories and in that category the Jets are more successful.  The Panthers have had a really good run in a really bad division. I hope they win it all this year.

Shotty was the real hero of the two afc title games, people just refuse to acknowledge it.

-  Has to put up with an awful awful head coach who cares only about defense.

- Has to put up with a raw immature rookie with lousy pocket presence and very inaccurate.

- Has to put up with a GM that uses 9/10ths of all resources on defense and cow toeing to Rex.

- Cobbles some good O performances in the title games, the defense falls flat on its ass.

They should have erected a statue of him in front of the new stadium.

Im assuming this is terrific sarcasm?  I ask because all sarcasm has an element of truth to it.

Yes, really. By your own statement we can no longer use conference championships as barometers of success. You are judged by SB victories and in that category the Jets are more successful.  The Panthers have had a really good run in a really bad division. I hope they win it all this year.

Agreed..but to differentiate the teams that have not won a SB, are they all equal?  Course not.

the best way I can differentiate is divison titles, W-L records, conference title games, SB appearances.

if you could win the AFCE with a 7-9 record the Jets would have plenty of division titles too

Case closed. The Panthers are not a better franchise because they're in an incredibly easy division. When the Panthers get blown out by the Pats then maybe these fairweather Panther fans can see what the Jets have had to deal with every season for the last 15 years.

Agreed..but to differentiate the teams that have not won a SB, are they all equal?  Course not.

the best way I can differentiate is divison titles, W-L records, conference title games, SB appearances.

ok, fair enough. Since 1997 the Panthers have had 5 seasons with a winning record. The Jets, 11.

Comparing the two teams is pointless. The Jets compete with the Patriots for the division. The Panthers won the division last year with a 7-8-1 record. That's not more successful, that's luck. Jets finished 10-6 and had to make tee times.

ok, fair enough. Since 1997 the Panthers have had 5 seasons with a winning record. The Jets, 11.

Comparing the two teams is pointless. The Jets compete with the Patriots for the division. The Panthers won the division last year with a 7-8-1 record. That's not more successful, that's luck. Jets finished 10-6 and had to make tee times.

Thats interesting...  I forgot about all the "bad years" the Panthers have had.  Again, I run a NY JETS fan club here and I am known as a BIG JETS fan.  I however admire what the panthers are doing. 

Archived