Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Is only missing two tackles a thing? That's a repeating skill? I guess when you're playing only half the snaps...So yeah, not skipped, just as dumb as the meetings thing. So the other thing - after the failed meetings dart throw - is that he doesn't have a broken leg during the offseason? I can see why it took so long to try to get anything out of you.

There are two things lineman do. Stop the run, rush the passer. You want two things one does better than the other? It's an impossible task when one is better at one and the other is better at the next. Meanwhile, you still can't tell me what I'm lying about. Good effort. 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

To get speed on the field to rush the QB. Why does Chris Ivory come out of the game on 3rd down when Powell is healthy? Because you play to players strengths as best that you can. 

so then pass rushing isn't his strength ?

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There are two things lineman do. Stop the run, rush the passer. You want two things one does better than the other? It's an impossible task when one is better at one and the other is better at the next. Meanwhile, you still can't tell me what I'm lying about. Good effort. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Are you actually rolling on the floor laughing? Because then you might want to ease up on the embarrassing talk. You asked about Harrison and what two things he did better. Plenty according to PFF. I'm moving on from this because neither one of us is going to budge on the position and its up to MM and TB.  

This is so sad...You can't even keep your own bullsh*t straight.

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

This is so sad...You can't even keep your own bullsh*t straight.

PFF had Harrison rated as the higher defender. So obviously they take into account a lot more than those two things. Did I oversimplify it? Sure. But, you've still got no argument here. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

PFF had Harrison rated as the higher defender. So obviously they take into account a lot more than those two things. Did I oversimplify it? Sure. But, you've still got no argument here. 

Cool, I asked you for two things he does better. You've given me better against the run, he missed two tackles last year, and he might show up earlier to meetings. Since only one of those things is really a thing, what's a legit #2?

For instance....Wilkerson is (way) better against the pass, plays ~90% of the snaps as opposed to ~54% of the snaps, can and does play more positions effectively and over a period of years...See how there's no fluky things like one season's worth of missed tackles playing limited snaps? Or nonsense about meeting times or fluke lower body injuries that don't require a major surgery or recovery time? You didn't have to claw for 30 posts to get it, it was easy.

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Cool, I asked you for two things he does better. You've given me better against the run, he missed two tackles last year, and he might show up earlier to meetings. Since only one of those things is really a thing, what's a legit #2?

For instance....Wilkerson is (way) better against the pass, plays ~90% of the snaps as opposed to ~54% of the snaps, can and does play more positions effectively and over a period of years...See how there's no fluky things like one season's worth of missed tackles playing limited snaps? Or nonsense about meeting times or fluke lower body injuries that don't require a major surgery or recovery time? You didn't have to claw for 30 posts to get it, it was easy.

And yet, when Wilk isn't out there guys like Bowen and Douzable stepped in and the defense didn't miss a beat. This is a guy who averages 7 sacks a year. He's a really good player. He won't make or break the Jets playoff chances next year. The Jets need to improve in many areas. If they have to sacrifice Wilkerson to improve in multiple other areas, you do it. The defense will be fine without him.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And yet, when Wilk isn't out there guys like Bowen and Douzable stepped in and the defense didn't miss a beat. This is a guy who averages 7 sacks a year. He's a really good player. He won't make or break the Jets playoff chances next year. The Jets need to improve in many areas. If they have to sacrifice Wilkerson to improve in multiple other areas, you do it. The defense will be fine without him.

Ah, back to the familiar ground of just making things up and opinions - guess that second thing will never come. I'm not surprised at the weak attempt to move the goal posts around. Just as a head's up - he's averaged 9.5 sacks, as a 3-4 DE/4-3 DE/4-3 DT/3-4 NT over the past 3 years from ages 24-26.

I just want to make sure THO - that second thing isn't ever coming, is it?

7 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, you should have quit days ago. I enjoy the brief moments of renewed courage when others pop up, but you all say the same thing and continue to offer nothing but your generic and lazy opinions. I couldn't possibly, even a little bit, care about opinions and more opinions on the subject. At some point you just to have cut your losses, understand I strongly disagree, understand that - like you with me - I don't believe you have made any kind of decent case to change my mind on the matter, and move on. 

I'm glad you enjoy it, and I'll have you know I enjoy when you edit your posts too. What's interesting is that, you claim that your opinions are facts, yet you've brought no facts to the table; just opinions. I get that you have an irrational obsession that Mo is irreplaceable, but it's a shame you can't have an intelligent conversation about a topic. 

Quitting while ahead, is not the same as quitting ;)

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I'm glad you enjoy it, and I'll have you know I enjoy when you edit your posts too. What's interesting is that, you claim that your opinions are facts, yet you've brought no facts to the table; just opinions. I get that you have an irrational obsession that Mo is irreplaceable, but it's a shame you can't have an intelligent conversation about a topic. 

Quitting while ahead, is not the same as quitting ;)

I edit my posts to correct my sh*tty spelling and grammar. What's interesting is that, yet again,you state your opinion as facts and you bring no facts to the table. I've offered far more facts on this than you have, but hey - your opinion is stuff and things and super important.

I get that you consider what you say intelligent, but it's one of your many wrong opinions. Quitting while ahead is the same as quitting, and that you're back kinda offers a hint about how ahead you feel. Nice to see you find your courage again, sucks substance is still out of reach. Did that above post even make a point or just FTTroll?

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Ah, back to the familiar ground of just making things up and opinions - guess that second thing will never come. I'm not surprised at the weak attempt to move the goal posts around. Just as a head's up - he's averaged 9.5 sacks over the past 3 years from ages 24-26.

I just want to make sure THO - that second thing isn't ever coming, is it?

I'm not making things up. I saw it with my own eyes against the Bills. The play after Wilk broke his leg, his replacement (lined up next to Snacks) had a tackle for a loss. Spin the stats any way you want, his sack numbers until this year just weren't all that impressive. Maybe that is a product of Bowles. Maybe he's on an an incline of production. We'll see. If he's willing to get paid not a boatload of money, maybe it'll be as a Jet. I'd like him back within reasonable contract confines.

Harrison occupies blockers better than Wilk so Mo can actually make the plays he does. Does that appease your weird obsession with two things he does better or are you just going to dismiss it like I said that he was a better tackler?

I'm not making things up. I saw it with my own eyes against the Bills. The play after Wilk broke his leg, his replacement (lined up next to Snacks) had a tackle for a loss. Spin the stats any way you want, his sack numbers until this year just weren't all that impressive. Maybe that is a product of Bowles. Maybe he's on an an incline of production. We'll see. If he's willing to get paid not a boatload of money, maybe it'll be as a Jet. I'd like him back within reasonable contract confines.

Harrison occupies blockers better than Wilk so Mo can actually make the plays he does. Does that appease your weird obsession with two things he does better or are you just going to dismiss it like I said that he was a better tackler?

Like the last time you said this, you're totally making things up. Not surprising that the *very next sentence* is about your eyes...Remember when you were moving on? You were so much better offer that way. Your ego is bruised, you're a little desperate, and you're saying dumber and dumber things. Next thing we'll hear about how Harrison dresses quicker on game day and that should be a thing.

Just now, SenorGato said:

I edit my post to correct my sh*tty spelling and grammar. What's interesting is that, yet again,you state your opinion as facts and you bring no facts to the table. I've offered far more facts on this than you have, but hey - your opinion is stuff and things and super important.

I get that you consider what you say intelligent, but it's one of your many wrong opinions. Quitting while ahead is the same as quitting, and that you're back kinda offers a hint about how ahead you feel. Nice to see you find your courage again, sucks substance is still out of reach.

Well, when I notice Mo has disappeared from a game, I don't exactly have an article to post. The real problem is that you'll look at the season in review from an espn.com stat page and see he had 12 sacks, and think WOW. Reality is he's not irreplaceable on this team and he is only elite at run stopping, something this team will have no problem with when he's gone. The one wildcard is Sheldon's behavior. 

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Well, when I notice Mo has disappeared from a game, I don't exactly have an article to post. The real problem is that you'll look at the season in review from an espn.com stat page and see he had 12 sacks, and think WOW. Reality is he's not irreplaceable on this team and he is only elite at run stopping, something this team will have no problem with when he's gone. The one wildcard is Sheldon's behavior. 

I notice he doesn't. So....there goes another dump of an argument. In reality, he's the least replaceable guy on the roster and is an elite player who does everything at a high level. Sheldon's behavior will be a wildcard up until the moment he's gone (remember you said he's better behaved now and he promised twice already!), which might be as soon as April and long, long before Wilkerson as a Jets player.

Like the last time you said this, you're totally making things up. Not surprising that the *very next sentence* is about your eyes...Remember when you were moving on? You were so much better offer that way.

See the picture. Wilk gets hurt, Bowen gets a tackle for a loss. But you know. I make things up. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I notice he doesn't. So....there goes another dump of an argument. In reality, he's the least replaceable guy on the roster and is an elite player who does everything at a high level. Sheldon's behavior will be a wildcard up until the moment he's gone (remember you said he's better and he promised twice already!), which might be as soon as April and long, long before Wilkerson as a Jets player.

I said I believed he'll stay out of trouble, yes, and I stand by it. I'm not going to say it's not impossible. 

And you notice wrong. 45 pressures in 16 games is not a lot. He disappears in the pass game, man. It's a fact. 

See the picture. Wilk gets hurt, Bowen gets a tackle for a loss. But you know. I make things up. 

image.png

Oh wow, two plays in a row huh? That's pretty definitive, hard to argue two plays.

So, to be clear, that second thing isn't coming anytime soon? 'Cause there was so many according to you from PFF...I bet Harrison broke more banners in pee-wee football.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I said I believed he'll stay out of trouble, yes, and I stand by it. I'm not going to say it's not impossible. 

And you notice wrong. 45 pressures in 16 games is not a lot. He disappears in the pass game, man. It's a fact. 

Wow, you stand by an opinion you just made up and has no basis in reality? I wouldn't think that possible, you're so level headed about all this.

I notice right, and he doesn't disappear in the pass game. It's a fact.

Wow, you stand by an opinion you just made up? I wouldn't think that.

I notice right, and he doesn't disappear in the pass game. It's a fact.

This is why I stop responding. I stated a fact that you proceeded to ignore. 45 pressures in 16 games is not 'elite'. 

Oh wow, two plays in a row huh? That's pretty definitive, hard to argue two plays.

So, to be clear, that second thing isn't coming anytime soon? 'Cause there was so many according to you from PFF...I bet Harrison broke more banners in pee-wee football.

I'm not sure what you're even arguing now. You obviously have a comprehension issue because I've stated multiple facets of the game I feel Harrison is better at. You're grasping at straws. 

8 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

This is why I stop responding. I stated a fact that you proceeded to ignore. 45 pressures in 16 games is not 'elite'. 

Well, that and you don't really have anything to say that is meant to progress a conversation - just make things up and hope it hits. I mean, if you look through this thread you'd see that even the number you put out is wrong:

Wilkerson (89.2), meanwhile, has 80 combined pressures.

Quoted and linked in this thread already....https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/08/pro-top-10-defensive-lines-of-2015/

I'm not sure what you're even arguing now. You obviously have a comprehension issue because I've stated multiple facets of the game I feel Harrison is better at. You're grasping at straws. 

I know you're a little delirious and lost tonight so I'll pretend we didn't already cover this:

- One season's missed tackle total, in limited snaps, isn't a thing.

- Possibly earlier to meetings isn't a thing.

- A lower body, non-joint or ligament, non-surgery injury that happened in Week 17 isn't a thing.

So no, you have nothing legitimate to offer besides the one thing no one has denied - Harrison being a better run defender?

Well, that and you don't really have anything to say that is meant to progress a conversation - just make things up and hope it hits. I mean, if you look through this thread you'd see that even the number you put out is wrong:

Quoted and linked in this thread already....https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/08/pro-top-10-defensive-lines-of-2015/

I know you're a little delirious and lost tonight so I'll pretend we didn't already cover this:

- One season's missed tackle total, in limited snaps, isn't a thing.

- Possibly earlier to meetings isn't a thing.

- A lower body, non-joint or ligament injury that happened in Week 17 isn't a thing.

So no, you have nothing legitimate to offer besides the one thing no one has denied - Harrison being a better run defender?

Missing tackles is a huge thing. It killed the Jets many times this season. Wilk was a big perpetrator. Anyway. I guess you missed the part where I said that Harrison is better at the point of attack to occupy blockers so his teammates, like Mo can get stats like TFL and sacks. Because, you know, the majority of Mo's sacks come with Snacks in the game, on first and second down. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I'll eat that one.. Although the last post I posted with his amount of pressures did say 45. Maybe he meant hurries and wrote pressures. 

Still does not mean he's irreplaceable.

Missing tackles is a huge thing. It killed the Jets many times this season. Wilk was a big perpetrator. Anyway. I guess you missed the part where I said that Harrison is better at the point of attack to occupy blockers so his teammates, like Mo can get stats like TFL and sacks. Because, you know, the majority of Mo's sacks come with Snacks in the game, on first and second down. 

So is missing nearly 50% of the defensive snaps, and one helps the other. WHAT a coincidence - of course Wilkerson was  a big perpetrator, you've got your opinion to support you claim. Wilkerson wasn't a big perpetrator.

See - the run thing is proven. The occupying blockers better thing is something you made up and hope is true, at least it sounds nice, because it beats having to face that Wilkerson beats his double teams to make more and higher impact plays.

You know what happens when Snacks isn't in the game  - as a reminder that is nearly half the time? The Jets fielded the second best 3rd down defense in the NFL anyway, and one of the better defenses in the NFL.

You really should have quit the first dozen times you said you were quitting, but I guess liars can't help but lie. Why not just take the advice and nurse the ego a little bit?

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

I'll eat that one.. Although the last post I posted with his amount of pressures did say 45. Maybe he meant hurries and wrote pressures. 

Still does not mean he's irreplaceable.

Oh thank Jah, one out of many dozens is progress.

No, the many other things he does - defend the run, defend the pass the most consistently of any front 7 player on the roster, play a sh*t ton of snaps, and not get in trouble are why he's the most irreplaceable player on the roster.

Oh thank Jah, one out of many dozens is progress.

No, the many other things he does - defend the run, defend the pass the most consistently of any front 7 player on the roster, play a sh*t ton of snaps, and not get in trouble are why he's the most irreplaceable player on the roster.

That's the only thing I've been wrong about, if I was even wrong.  He does do everything better than every other DE we have, never disputed that. But as I've said, his absence doesn't hamper us nearly as much as you make it seem with Leonard and Sheldon filling in, and I value the trade value and cap space more than 3 DEs on the field at once - just like Mac.

27 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

That's the only thing I've been wrong about, if I was even wrong.  He does do everything better than every other DE we have, never disputed that. But as I've said, his absence doesn't hamper us nearly as much as you make it seem with Leonard and Sheldon filling in, and I value the trade value and cap space more than 3 DEs on the field at once - just like Mac.

It isn't, unfortunately, and you were. For instance, his absence does indeed hamper the team signifcantly and more than you like to imagine - that's been born out by the defense's plummet in 2014, the only season he missed any significant time. While you value the trade and the cap space, you have no idea what to do with it and the odds are that you're neither getting as much as you might imagine nor are you getting a player equal to Wilkerson. While you think mentioning the GM's name means he agrees with you because somehow you speak for him, that is yet another opinion of yours that isn't based in reality and is probably wrong (though you did well to cover yourself and say 3 DEs at the end, nice semantics dance).

10 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Sheldon Richardson is a headcase that is perpetually in danger of an extended vacation.

How do the people that want to ditch Mo keep glossing over this fact? Wilkerson is NOT expendable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headcase? He swore he wouldn't get in trouble for smoking weed again, and he didn't. He's a man of his word. Give him a break on at least strike one. The young, healthy millionaire athlete got depressed during his offseason the first time he got in trouble. Can you fault him? So much wrong with the world, maaan.

32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Having read all that I now, I want Mo to be Traded just to see Gato Explode.

Like all of your life as a Jets fan, prepare for disappointment. 

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who said it was? Straw man. 

I thought you were making the case he is a better player than mo based on pff grades including pressures. 

I love both players, and I want both players

if I have to choose between the 2 for cap reasons, I keep mo because he can stop the run and rush the passer, and snacks is a run stuffer who comes off the field on 3rd down

I would tag mo and go from there

We have no idea why a deal hasn't been done, maybe mo is asking for more than watt, who knows

3 hours ago, The Troll said:

Sheldon Richardson is a headcase that is perpetually in danger of an extended vacation.

How do the people that want to ditch Mo keep glossing over this fact? Wilkerson is NOT expendable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is this a Sheldon vs Mo issue?  If anything it's a Mo vs Snacks and Fitz issue because of we give Mo $17 million per season say goodbye to one or both.

I thought you were making the case he is a better player than mo based on pff grades including pressures. 

Obviously you missed PFF's meeting punctuality grades. 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Why is this a Sheldon vs Mo issue?  If anything it's a Mo vs Snacks and Fitz issue because of we give Mo $17 million per season say goodbye to one or both.

1 - Trade flexibility....Richardson's a near ideal guy to trade thanks to his contract situation and being the low guy on the DE depth chart moving forward.

2 - Fitzgerald likely isn't going anywhere unless they somehow pick up someone better. 

Archived