77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

Just now, AFJF said:

He gets the bulk of the blame from you.  Not from everyone.  Some of us expected the defense to be able to stop one player who is coached by a guy who can't pick one of his offensive players out of a lineup.

And some of us expect a "smart" QB to not throw a pick in the 4th quarter of a 2 point game on the opponent's 14 yard line on a freaking 2nd down.

You can lament on the crappy coverage on Watkins all you like. They held the Buffalo team to under 200 yards passing. You're making it sound like Taylor passed for 380 yards on us and Watkins scored 3 TDs.

And it seems like that because Fitzpatrick is a lightweight.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Competitive WOO-HOO and sitting on the sofa come playoff season

Fitz = No Playoffs in his 11 year career 

Geno = ??????

Petty = ?????

better chance for 2016 with Fitz than Petty.  Won't come close to .500 with Smith.

Your options are way worse for 2016.  

Just now, Dcat said:

better chance for 2016 with Fitz than Petty.  Won't come close to .500 with Smith.

Your options are way worse for 2016.  

So what hoot holler and cheer miss the playoffs again and get a sh*tty draft pick winning 5-7 games 

Im not into tanking by any means 

Id rather see what Petty has to offer instead of knowing what Fitz does if Petty fails we know we have to get a QB at all cost and in we should be in much better position financially 

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

Yeah, I read that a few weeks ago also, but then they signed Bradford to that ridiculous contract so I doubt they draft him now

Why, why, why must teams draft a QB to play him right away? The rookie cap structure puts QBs right in line with back up $. If they think he's the guy take him no matter what.

I don't like Lynch, but as an example, the Cowboys should do this at 4 with Goff, almost a no brainier to me..

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

Why, why, why must teams draft a QB to play him right away? The rookie cap structure puts QBs right in line with back up $. If they think he's the guy take him no matter what.

I don't like Lynch, but as an example, the Cowboys should do this at 4 with Goff, almost a no brainier to me..

Carl in this years draft if the Jets could trade down and have a top 10 pick what QB would you choose. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

CrazyCarl40 I directed the comment to him. 

I don't particularly care for any of the QBs coming out of this draft. I don't see any of them being worth trading up for either. I think Goff will probably end up as the best pro but I don't view any of them as franchise changing.  

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't particularly care for any of the QBs coming out of this draft. I don't see any of them being worth trading up for either. I think Goff will probably end up as the best pro but I don't view any of them as franchise changing.  

Are you in favor of overpaying Fitzpatrick? 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Good post tree.

And don't underestimate the role Chan Gailey had in Fitz's success last year.

He did an excellent job maximizing Fitz's strengths and minimizing his weaknesses.

Thanks.

Yup...Fitz is comfortable here w gailey, and, as a fan hoping for a competitive 2016,  im comfortable with him, too.

lots of talk about the buffalo game and record against good teams. Feels like some fans can't see the forest through the trees. He had the patriots beat outright if not for a Marshall drop. It's all a wash. There's good and there's bad. If you look at it as a whole, Fitz is a very good fit for next 1-2 years. 

Uf were talking about becoming a legit playoff team, not a bubble-playoff team that's not capable of a DEEP run, you're right, Fitz isn't exactly the missing piece. 

IMO, if we want to make, or be capable of, a DEEP playoff run, sign Fitz and spend most of whatever money we have on the defense. The pass rush is paramount, IMO.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you in favor of overpaying Fitzpatrick? 

I am in favor of retaining a QB at market value who gives the Jets the best chance to win games without mortgaging the future by trading assets to acquire him. I'm open to other options. There aren't many that are even remotely appealing. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I am in favor of retaining a QB at market value who gives the Jets the best chance to win games without mortgaging the future by trading assets to acquire him. I'm open to other options. There aren't many that are even remotely appealing. 

If we are just resigning Fitz to fill shoes for the 2016 season why not go with Smith or Petty and being they suck like you all say we might get a shot at the #1 pick in 2017. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

If we are just resigning Fitz to fill shoes for the 2016 season why not go with Smith or Petty and being they suck like you all say we might get a shot at the #1 pick in 2017. 

Listen, I understand you don't like Fitz at too high of a price, but to say "sign him to just fill shoes" is making him out to be much worse than he is for the 2016 jets. 

Forget his career, joe Wiley, look at 2016. Based on 2015 and the current direction of the team, Fitz is much more than a guy that will just fill shoes.

2 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Listen, I understand you don't like Fitz at too high of a price, but to say "sign him to just fill shoes" is making him out to be much worse than he is for the 2016 jets. 

Forget his career, joe Wiley, look at 2016. Based on 2015 and the current direction of the team, Fitz is much more than a guy that will just fill shoes.

i like Fitzpatrick I just dont think he's the answer 

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And some of us expect a "smart" QB to not throw a pick in the 4th quarter of a 2 point game on the opponent's 14 yard line on a freaking 2nd down.

You can lament on the crappy coverage on Watkins all you like. They held the Buffalo team to under 200 yards passing. You're making it sound like Taylor passed for 380 yards on us and Watkins scored 3 TDs.

And it seems like that because Fitzpatrick is a lightweight.

I applaud your efforts to rewind and watch plays over again, but there are some really bad flaws in your analysis. 

Namely, you obviously are looking at it from a perspective of protecting your opinion. You come up with your conclusions, and then find points to defend them while ignoring anything counter to your opinion.

Dats bad science!

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

i like Fitzpatrick I just dont think he's the answer 

He's the answer for 2016. He's not joe Montana. He's just the answer for 2016 and maybe 2017.

genos not the answer either. And he's DEFINITELY not the answer short term either. 

Unlike geno, Petty, might eventually be "the answer" you, and the rest of us, are hoping and praying for every day of our miserable f*cking lives. But he is unlikely to be ready for 2016.

And guess what? Fitz is very very good for Petty. 

1 minute ago, Shadetree said:

He's the answer for 2016. He's not joe Montana. He's just the answer for 2016 and maybe 2017.

genos not the answer either. And he's DEFINITELY not the answer short term either. 

Unlike geno, Petty, might eventually be "the answer" you, and the rest of us, are hoping and praying for every day of our miserable f*cking lives. But he is unlikely to be ready for 2016.

And guess what? Fitz is very very good for Petty. 

Answer for what? 

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So what hoot holler and cheer miss the playoffs again and get a sh*tty draft pick winning 5-7 games 

Im not into tanking by any means 

Id rather see what Petty has to offer instead of knowing what Fitz does if Petty fails we know we have to get a QB at all cost and in we should be in much better position financially 

If he's ready, they will use him.  Fat chance he's ready considering the program he came from in the NCAA.  That's just my opinion.  

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl in this years draft if the Jets could trade down and have a top 10 pick what QB would you choose. 

Do you mean a trade up? Generally, when you improve your draft position, it's regarded as trading "up", not "down". 

I'm confused by your post.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stranger things have happened  in the NFL and certainly with the NY Jets. 

well we can all agree that the Jets are among the top 5 franchises in the NFL for "strangeness".  Perhaps top 3.  (Cleveland, Oakland being way stranger than us).

NE, Dallas and Miami are the top 3 for being "morally corrupt" at every level, from ownership right down to management, players and fan base.

Just now, Dcat said:

well we can all agree that the Jets are among the top 5 franchises in the NFL for "strangeness".  Perhaps top 3.  (Cleveland, Oakland being way stranger than us).

NE, Dallas and Miami are the top 3 for being "morally corrupt" at every level, from ownership right down to management and fan base.

Agree,Woody Johnson wants to win a Super Bowl I think Macc has been told do whatever it takes.

Answer for what? 

Fitz is the answer for ,"who is the jets starting QB for 2016 and maybe 2017."

Petty might, just might, be "the answer" to , "Who is the starting QB for the by jets for the 10 years that follow Fitzpatricks chance at glory."

Just now, Shadetree said:

Petty might, just might, be "the answer" to , "Who is the starting QB for the by jets for the 10 years that follow Fitzpatricks chance at glory."

Fitzpatrick has his chance of glory in 2015 we  had an easy schedule he failed to lead a team to the playoffs like so many other seasons before. 

Just now, Shadetree said:

We can only hope.  Perfect scenario would be for Petty to compete this preseason, give hope and then get another year to learn and grow.  2017 he seriously competes and either win the job or takes over a few weeks into the season and never looks back

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We can only hope.  Perfect scenario would be for Petty to compete this preseason, give hope and then get another year to learn and grow.  2017 he seriously competes and either win the job or takes over a few weeks into the season and never looks back

Let me remind you of something 47 years and counting........Woody just raised ticket prices..........this team is in no way shape or form in a rebuilding stage we are in a win now mode. 

No  one here knows what Macc has planned in the next few weeks. 

Do you think Woody told him to take his time its ok if we dont make the playoffs next season. 

Come on guys

Let me remind you of something 47 years and counting........Woody just raised ticket prices..........this team is in no way shape or form in a rebuilding stage we are in a win now mode. 

No  one here knows what Macc has planned in the next few weeks. 

Do you think Woody told him to take his time its ok if we dont make the playoffs next season. 

Come on guys

Thats well and  good but 47 or 4.7 you cant just snap your fingers and develop a long term solution at the most difficult position to fill.  Not like we didnt want a franchise QB any more than we didnt want to win a SB before today

Woody has no choice, its not Maccs fault that all those before him failed, doesnt mean hes the one who will be able to snap his fingers and skip all the steps it takes to build a winner.  Fact is Woody knows this.  He;s no dummy and has said he thinks he has the people in place to build a long term winner.  Doesnt come close to sounding like an owner putting pressure on to win now.

Ticket prices increasing nominally for the first time in years while still being reasonable doesnt change a thing.  Not the first time they've been raised or the last time theyll go up.  Ticket prices have nothing to do with winning.  The last place team has the same operating costs as the first place team.  

8 hours ago, elgoman said:

Like Woody implied when asked about the game, the Bills were held to 22 points and all Fitz had to do was make enough plays to win. Instead he threw 3 picks and lost us the game. That's it. Fitz had a top 10 defense, one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and still couldn't take our team to the playoffs. That's it.

My point of that response to Sperm was there was plenty of blame to go around for that game

Fitz deserved blame

Defense deserved blame

Bowles deserved blame

14 minutes ago, ljr said:

My point of that response to Sperm was there was plenty of blame to go around for that game

Fitz deserved blame

Defense deserved blame

Bowles deserved blame

That game was purely on Bowles imo. So many critical 3rd down conversions thru Watkins. Same thing happened in Texans game with DeAndre Hopkins. Though both Watkins and Hopkins are great receivers, Bowles should have found a way to shut them down. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yep, all of a sudden Fitz will develop a cannon arm and become very accurate on throws over 10 yards.

Good luck with that.

I don't seem to recall you admiring Gannon's arm strength as the Raiders QB

10 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

That game was purely on Bowles imo. So many critical 3rd down conversions thru Watkins. Same thing happened in Texans game with DeAndre Hopkins. Though both Watkins and Hopkins are great receivers, Bowles should have found a way to shut them down. 

If the opposing star WR's are having their way with Revis give him some safety help ... Or find another way to adjust the D coverage so somebody is playing the #1 WR near the LOS ... If we then lose to the Slot WR/TE/RB having their way with lessened coverage - so be it ... But we are not just sitting their with our pants around our ankles & letting Hopkins or Watkins keep punching over and over again in the gonads!

Bowles did many things right ... This was the top of the list of mistakes he made as well

Archived