• 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Not signing Fitz and letting Geno start does not fix that at all

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

One has nothing to do with the other.

sure it does, it tells you it is extremely difficult getting one, and it takes drastic measures to get one especially when there is 1 on the horizon. 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, afosomf said:

sure it does, it tells you it is extremely difficult getting one, and it takes drastic measures to get one especially when there is 1 on the horizon. 

Except for all those  examples I just gave you. 

36 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Rodgers sat for how long?  Carr the jury is still out... Brees how far back was that and he did not win SB with SD who gave up on him, Wilson is outlier, Flacco may give jets fans hope i guess few and far between. Big Ben went #11

I wish we took either Carr or Bridgewater that draft.

Carr, Bortles, and Bridgewater all look legit, (all from the smae draft) and the jets had a chance to take two of them, the jury is still not out on any of them

There have been 5 franchise qb's taken in the last two drafts, to say the Jets can't get one and have to continue to roll with below average fitzpatrick is stupid.

Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater, Mariota, and Winston all were taken within two drafts and now will lead their respective franchises for the years to come

Just now, Dcat said:

nope, but he's worth $10 -12 for the next year or two just to keep the nightmare, a/k/a Geno, off the field.  LOL

He would also keep Bryce Petty off the field then we might not know what he has to offer and overpaying Fitz stops us from signing other free agents that we need OL,LB,TE,RB.

41 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No sweat..I've honestly waivered back and forth but now I"m at the point where I can't blame Fitz for asking for $15 mil based on production, but based on the lack of better options for him, cap situation and comfort level in NY, they should be able to get it done for somewhere in the $10 mil range.  It's the talk about $6 mil that's insane.  That's 500K more than what Mark Sanchez is making to be Bradfords water boy.

$22 million 2 year contract with $14-15 million guaranteed.

If the Jets dump him after one season, then Fitz got close to the $15 mill he thinks he deserves.  If the Jes keep him for 2 seasons, then they average to $11 million. win-win

done.  Make it happen Mac.

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

There have been 5 franchise qb's taken i nthe last two drafts, to say the Jets can't get one is stupid.

Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater, Mariota, and Winston all were taken within two drafts and now will lead their respective franchises for the years to come

Bortles MM and shameus  all top 3 picks  

Carr looks pretty good but he still looks like his brother at times, not 100% sold on him

Teddy the jury is out, very inconsistent QB, looks real good 1 week then terrible next week

Just now, Colgateman said:

A bunch of reports/rumors are saying that Paxton Lynch will be there at 20, and I hope Mac pulls the trigger on him. 

Unless Hargraves, spence, or Decker are all still there at 20 I would expect him to be our pick

a coherent post.  Finally.  thanks

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He would also keep Bryce Petty off the field then we might not know what he has to offer and overpaying Fitz stops us from signing other free agents that we need OL,LB,TE,RB.

Petty not ready for 2016.  Maybe 2017.  You are delusional about him.

Just now, afosomf said:

Bortles MM and shameus  all top 3 picks  

Carr looks pretty good but he still looks like his brother at times, not 100% sold on him

Teddy the jury is out, very inconsistent QB, looks real good 1 week then terrible next week

Well of course with Carr, he was only in his second eyar there will be growing pains.

Teddy was still inconsistent, but that is because he had to play in the same offense as AP, when Teddy was allowed to throw and get into a rhythm he looked great, Like that last drive against Seattle leading up to the terrible kick attempt. Teddy marched down the field on a elite defense to set his team up for the win.

5 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

A bunch of reports/rumors are saying that Paxton Lynch will be there at 20, and I hope Mac pulls the trigger on him. 

Unless Hargraves, spence, or Decker are all still there at 20 I would expect him to be our pick

The Eagles are very interested in Lynch I read 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Eagles are very interested in Lynch I read 

They should be...I think Jets need to jump ahead of Eagles if they want Lynch.  Philly O-line is also in shambles though, so they may go OT.

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

Yes! Can someone who claims the $15million can be better spent on a different QB offer up a name, please?

IMO, Fitz is our best option at being competitive in 2016 and , maybe, 2017 depending on pettys  development. 

I would love a better QB than Fitz, but, for this team right now , I don't see any out there. 

how dare you exhibit common sense in this forum?  Such behavior can get you perma-banned.  Now hop on board the Joe Willy train and let Fitz walk so the nightmare known as Geno can ruin our season or we can throw in Petty to the wolves.  LOL.

People don't realize that we are talking about having a competitive 2016 season.  We'll need someone other than Smith or Petty to have a chance at that.  Signing Fitz to a 2 year $22 million deal with $14 mill guaranteed  will do that.  If we cut him after 2016, then Fitz gets close to the $15 million he's asking for.  If we're stuck using him for 2 seasons then he gets an average of $11 mill per.  

Fair deal for all.

Let's go Mac......  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

how dare you exhibit common sense in this forum?  Such behavior can get you perma-banned.  Now hop on board the Joe Willy train and let Fitz walk so the nightmare known as Geno can ruin our season or we can throw in Petty to the wolves.  LOL.

People don't realize that we are talking about having a competitive 2016 season.  We'll need someone other than Smith or Petty to have a chance at that.  Signing Fitz to a 2 year $22 million deal with $14 mill guaranteed  will do that.  If we cut him after 2016, then Fitz gets close to the $15 million he's asking for.  If we're stuck using him for 2 seasons then he gets an average of $11 mill per.  

Fair deal for all.

Let's go Mac......  

Competitive WOO-HOO and sitting on the sofa come playoff season

Fitz = No Playoffs in his 11 year career 

Geno = ??????

Petty = ?????

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz = No Playoffs in his 11 year career.  Average NFL #1 QB production on average. 

Geno = Worst starting QB in NFL two-years out of two, No Playoffs 2 years of two.  

Petty = Green kid making a massive trasition from kiddie O to NFL Pro O.  Potential.

Since you seemed unsure, I filled in your ??????? for you.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Since you seemed unsure, I filled in your ??????? for you.

You forgot 

Fitzpatrick = hip hip hooray during season crunch time failure when it matters most been let go by many teams who saw he was a bum 

Geno = worst OC in the league and worst WRs in the league 

Petty = who knows unless of course you think you are a football expert and 32 NFL teams ignore your knowledge and you remain behind a computer screen in your underwear 

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

I wish we took either Carr or Bridgewater that draft.

Carr, Bortles, and Bridgewater all look legit, (all from the smae draft) and the jets had a chance to take two of them, the jury is still not out on any of them

Bortles is miles ahead of the other two, IMHO. Still can't believe Texans passed on Bortles for Clowney.

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sperm...they had to stop one guy....one.  That's it.  With Revis, Cro, Gilchrist, Marcus Williams, Calvin Pryor, they couldn't find a way to slow down one single receiver.  That's inexcusable.

Fitz had zero run game to work with and with a pop gun arm he was throwing it all over the place in 20+ MPH winds.

Fitz gets some blame, but the CS lost them that game.

No. Fitz gets the bulk of the blame. If you want to play the game where he gets the bulk of the credit for easy wins against easy opponents, he gets the blame for throwing a pick I can't even be certain that choker Geno would have made. It was that bad.

The fact is with the team in FG range he took a wholly unnecessary risk - and it became such a big risk because he doesn't have it in on-field smarts and vision to know where everyone is, be aware of what the situation is, and of all things what he's got upstairs combined with his experience are supposed to be his top 2 strengths. The reality is he's a dumb QB, and if we had a smart QB we'd have won.

Blame the defense all you want. The results say we held Buffalo to 22 points, which is their season average. We held their ground game and their passing game to fewer yards than they typically put up, fewer yards per pass attempt than they usually put up, and held their backs to under 2 yards per carry. In terms of results, as bad as they were at times, the D put in about a par or barely sub-par performance by game's end. They did enough to make it a winnable game against a sh*tty Bills defense. An "awful" performance by a defense is surrendering 400+ yards and 30-50 points. Fitz put forth an "awful" performance, in particular when the team most needed him to be smart. He was not "throwing it all over the place" so much as he was hitting a number of first-reads who didn't have a defender within 8 yards of them most of the game if you were watching. 

I remember the momentum at that time, and it was pretty clear: unless he threw that first interception, we had that game. He could have done anything else under the sun other than turn it over. Hell, get sacked twice for all I care. The ONLY thing he couldn't do there is turn it over. And he did it. Because he doesn't see the field. He sees his primary target, anyone right next to his primary target, and basically nothing else. For all his Harvard degree and Wonderlic score pedigree stuff, he's just not a smart QB. If he was a smart QB, we win that game (and others). And he's simply not good enough to warrant all that $ if everything has to go just right for us to win games.

He is the #1 reason for blowing that game and, as much as I'd welcome him back on an $8M/year deal with no more than $12M in guarantees, I wouldn't cry if we lost him to FA. In all seriousness, we aren't winning anything with him anyhow. This was a dream schedule the likes of which we won't get again for 10-20 years.

If he was a good QB we'd have beaten Buffalo by 10+ points with the added score for the Jets and the added pressure on Buffalo's offense.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

No. Fitz gets the bulk of the blame. If you want to play the game where he gets the bulk of the credit for easy wins against easy opponents, he gets the blame for throwing a pick I can't even be certain that choker Geno would have made. It was that bad.

The fact is with the team in FG range he took a wholly unnecessary risk - and it became such a big risk because he doesn't have it in on-field smarts and vision to know where everyone is, be aware of what the situation is, and of all things what he's got upstairs combined with his experience are supposed to be his top 2 strengths. The reality is he's a dumb QB, and if we had a smart QB we'd have won.

Blame the defense all you want. The results say we held Buffalo to 22 points, which is their season average. We held their ground game and their passing game to fewer yards than they typically put up, fewer yards per pass attempt than they usually put up, and held their backs to under 2 yards per carry. In terms of results, as bad as they were at times, the D put in about a par or barely sub-par performance by game's end. They did enough to make it a winnable game against a sh*tty Bills defense. An "awful" performance by a defense is surrendering 400+ yards and 30-50 points. Fitz put forth an "awful" performance, in particular when the team most needed him to be smart. He was not "throwing it all over the place" so much as he was hitting a number of first-reads who didn't have a defender within 8 yards of them most of the game if you were watching. 

I remember the momentum at that time, and it was pretty clear: unless he threw that first interception, we had that game. He could have done anything else under the sun other than turn it over. Hell, get sacked twice for all I care. The ONLY thing he couldn't do there is turn it over. And he did it. Because he doesn't see the field. He sees his primary target, anyone right next to his primary target, and basically nothing else. For all his Harvard degree and Wonderlic score pedigree stuff, he's just not a smart QB. If he was a smart QB, we win that game (and others). And he's simply not good enough to warrant all that $ if everything has to go just right for us to win games.

He is the #1 reason for blowing that game and, as much as I'd welcome him back on an $8M/year deal with no more than $12M in guarantees, I wouldn't cry if we lost him to FA. In all seriousness, we aren't winning anything with him anyhow. This was a dream schedule the likes of which we won't get again for 10-20 years.

If he was a good QB we'd have beaten Buffalo by 10+ points with the added score for the Jets and the added pressure on Buffalo's offense.

He gets the bulk of the blame from you.  Not from everyone.  Some of us expected the defense to be able to stop one player who is coached by a guy who can't pick one of his offensive players out of a lineup.

9 hours ago, ljr said:

Keeping Revis 10 yards off Watkins the entire game ... Even after the whole world could see he was getting eaten alive is what pi$$ed me off the most!

this was a low point for Bowles IMO ... Hope he learned a lesson and makes some adjustments next season

No doubt that was maddening. But in the end the offense had to overcome 22 points, which would have been even less if the offense moved the ball enough to where we didn't spot Buffalo a drive-starter on our 25.

Archived