Osweiler offered 3yrs/$45mill

Shadetree

44 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Hasn't Fitz's agent said he wants a "starting NFL QB" salary?

Unfortunately, that number is north of $15MM.

Yes, he has. But that is only his starting point in the negotiations. It's possible he will settle for a salary somewhat below $15M.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Yes I want to hand him millions. He earned it. He's a QB, not a kicker. He's played himself into a situation where he deserves to get paid. Kudos to him. We're lucky to have him start, and mentor, Bryce Petty.

Joewilly, what's the alternative!?!?!! I don't think I've seen the post where you offer reasonable alternatives.

Jeez Louise, joewilly, the guy just threw 31 TDs, showed toughness, smarts, and leadership and , for some reason, he's gonna morph into Rick Mirer? 

You offer him the 8-10 mil hes worth as a stop gap QB, not the 15 mil he thinks hes worth if the above is true.

If he doest like it you tell him nice knowing you Fitz, appreciate 2015.

If this came true, where would Fitz go?  Whats his alternative?  Where would he ever come close to the perfect landing spot that the Jets were for him.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You offer him the 8-10 mil hes worth as a stop gap QB, not the 15 mil he thinks hes worth if the above is true.

If this came true, where would Fitz go?  Whats his alternative?  Where would he ever come close to the perfect landing spot that the Jets were for him.  

Denver 

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

20 NFL QBs get more than $15 million per.  Sanchez, a back up to an underachieving starter who gets $18 million, has $5.5 million guaranteed. And you want to give Fitz $4 million.  LOL.  Fitz is the Jets starter.  Sure.  Pay him below NFL veteran back-up money.  :rolleyes:

Sanchez is younger, has four playoff wins, and was drafted Top 5. His has the better resume and qualifications.

Fitz created his own niche. He sucked and teetered between a backup and starter for 10 years and was dumped by 5 teams. 

He's a career JAG that never broke .500 until last season -- his greatest achievement -- 10 meaningless wins on a creampuff schedule, no playoffs.

Just because he currently has a starter gig it doesn't mean you're comparing apples to apples with the other "20 NFL QBs" you keep mentioning.

3 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Sanchez is younger, has four playoff wins, and was drafted Top 5. His has the better resume and qualifications.

Fitz created his own niche. He sucked and teetered between a backup and starter for 10 years and was dumped by 5 teams. 

He's a career JAG that never broke .500 until last season -- his greatest achievement -- 10 meaningless wins on a creampuff schedule, no playoffs.

Just because he currently has a starter gig it doesn't mean you're comparing apples to apples with the other "20 NFL QBs" you keep mentioning.

This guy gets it!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

none of that matters.  all he needs is 2 billionaires to get in a bidding war for him. That's what they fought for. If Denver keeps Osweiler, he will get a massive deal.  If Denver can't keep Osweiler, he will get the 2nd most massive deal. 

He is in line for a spectacular payday, and none of what you posted matters even a little bit.  The cap is going up and teams have to spend up to the floor this year.  We are going to see a lot of crazy deals, and Fitz' deal may be the craziest

Very real possibility that we'll end up getting screwed by Fitz's nice season last year (if we overpay and commit 2-3 years and he doesn't work out).  I'd rather just trade up and draft our next QB.  We need to solve this position.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He'll be happier playing for a bottom feeder that never wins a single game as long as he gets his money.

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

none of that matters.  all he needs is 2 billionaires to get in a bidding war for him. That's what they fought for. If Denver keeps Osweiler, he will get a massive deal.  If Denver can't keep Osweiler, he will get the 2nd most massive deal. 

He is in line for a spectacular payday, and none of what you posted matters even a little bit.  The cap is going up and teams have to spend up to the floor this year.  We are going to see a lot of crazy deals, and Fitz' deal may be the craziest

Doesn't Denver save about 20mil in cap space once Manning comes off the books  ?

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

He'll be happier playing for a bottom feeder that never wins a single game as long as he gets his money.

Absolutely nothing about Fitzs personality says this to me.  

No now knows this to be true or that a bottom feeder would offer him even the 8-10 I proposed the Jets offer

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Right ...  a bidding war over a 34-year-old JAG that was dumped by five, or possibly six, teams by bidders that completely ignore his resume. :rl:

25 minutes ago, jetrider said:

starters:starters  is apples:apples.

Fitz will command somewhere between $11/12 mill to $15 mill for 2016.  Watch.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No I replied to where the perfect landing spot for Fitz could be. 

Denver 

Once more, the thread is that Osweiler was made an offer.  He's signing in Denver.

Now explain how backing up Osweiler makes Denver the perfect landing spot?  Why would Denver ever pay their backup QB the 8-10 mil Fitz would be worth to start here?  Why would Fitz leave a starting gig in NY at 8-10 for backup gig and backup pay in Denver? 

And how does this make Denver the perfect landing spot for anyone who wants to start?

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Absolutely nothing about Fitzs personality says this to me.  

No now knows this to be true or that a bottom feeder would offer him even the 8-10 I proposed the Jets offer

I said "as long as he gets his money" -- meaning his amount not your proposed amount. 

Pay attention.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Once more, the thread is that Osweiler was made an offer.  He's signing in Denver.

Now explain how backing up Osweiler makes Denver the perfect landing spot?  Why would Denver ever pay their backup QB the 8-10 mil Fitz would be worth to start here?  Why would Fitz leave a starting gig in NY at 8-10 for backup gig and backup pay in Denver? 

And how does this make Denver the perfect landing spot for anyone who wants to start?

If you would read the previous posts I said Denver would be the perfect landing spot for Fitzpatrick if Osweiler wasn't resigned. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yea ok. 

let's make a friendly bet.  

You think Fitz will get paid by some team in the Sanchez range, right?  $5 - 8 million per with maybe $10 million or less guaranteed for 2 years?

I think Fitz winds up with some team at an average of  close to $12 million per year for 2 years with about $15-16 million guaranteed.

It willbe interesting to see who is closer.  Mind you, it doesn't have to be with the NY Jets.

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I said "as long as he gets his money" -- meaning his amount not your proposed amount. 

Pay attention.

You made your statement.  Dont try to spin out of it.  You said hed go to a bottom feeder team to get his money.

I got it, wasnt that difficult or revolutionary concept.  I said I dont think hes the type.

Sorry, forgot youre one of those who is right, no one else is allowed to have an opinion.  Fitz would go to a loser over the Jets for a couple mil.  Gotcha, now go stroke yourself

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you would read the previous posts I said Denver would be the perfect landing spot for Fitzpatrick if Osweiler wasn't resigned. 

We're talking about this in a thread about him signing in Denver.  WTF would Denver want a old, limited QB when they have a young stud QB who went 5-2 in 7 starts a year ago, beat a couple of playoff teams

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You think Fitz will get paid by some team in the Sanchez range, right?  $5 - 8 million per with maybe $10 million or less guaranteed for 2 years?

I think Fitz winds up with some team at an average of  close to $12 million per year for 2 years with about $15-16 million guaranteed.

It willbe interesting to see who is closer.  Mind you, it doesn't have to be with the NY Jets.

You are probably right his past history is what haunts him though, he had an exceptional season with the Jets but football experts know we had a very weak schedule and he only beat 2 teams with winning records. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

We're talking about this in a thread about him signing in Denver.  WTF would Denver want a old, limited QB when they have a young stud QB who went 5-2 in 7 starts a year ago, beat a couple of playoff teams

If they lose Osweiler they will pursue Fitzpatrick they have a complete team around him and the best Defense in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

starters:starters  is apples:apples.

Fitz will command somewhere between $11/12 mill to $15 mill for 2016.  Watch.

That's what Fitz thinks. If he starts and plays well for the one season before a new deal he'll take a team to the cleaners. 

Hopefully Mac and Woody won't agree.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Bills weren't even dumb enough to give him more than 10M per

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

Exactly!

If the Jets are to keep Fitz, Mac will have to pay him more than many of you think he is worth. Based on the higher market values, my guess would be $12M-$13M. $15M is definitely too much. But $8M-$10M is nothing but a pipe dream.

That said, Mac has a reputation for not overpaying for a player (except for Revis and Skreen, though I think that was necessary). I am betting he would let Fitz walk rather than overpaying him.

How can a guy have a reputation in one season as a GM?  Also, with the two guys you mentioned, as well as guaranteeing Harris for two seasons and giving Cromartie $8 Million.

Fitzpatrick is not worth $8 - $10 Million.  It sets the long term back, IMO.  

44 minutes ago, jetrider said:

And there isnt a GM in the NFL or the CFL who would take Sanchez over Fitz.  No a one.

If they think Petty is worth a sh-t then tell Fitz 8 Mil or beat it.  Let Geno play the year at 1.6 Mil to see if he can resurrect himself and give Bryce 1 more year to get ready for his debut in 17'. 

15 mil for Fitz???  el  oh el

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You made your statement.  Dont try to spin out of it.  You said hed go to a bottom feeder team to get his money.

I got it, wasnt that difficult or revolutionary concept.  I said I dont think hes the type.

Sorry, forgot youre one of those who is right, no one else is allowed to have an opinion.  Fitz would go to a loser over the Jets for a couple mil.  Gotcha, now go stroke yourself

Yes, that's what I said. You said you don't know if a bottom feeder would pay him big money, in which case he wouldn't go there. 

What did I spin? You can't even follow simple dialogue ... as usual.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

If they think Petty is worth a sh-t then tell Fitz 8 Mil or beat it.  Let Geno play the year at 1.6 Mil to see if he can resurrect himself and give Bryce 1 more year to get ready for his debut in 17'. 

15 mil for Fitz???  el  oh el

Exactly my thoughts and sign other key players that are needed here. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Exactly my thoughts and sign other key players that are needed here. 

It's the most logical thing to do and I hope it happens.  Fitz had his chance last year and blew it.  A good 4 game stretch doesn't suddenly mean he's worth franchise QB money.  The Bills already made that mistake with him, why should we?

Archived