Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one is offering big money.  FA is all about demand.  If someone offered him 20mil to start he would give the Jets a chance to match or beat or would run to that team and collect.  I wouldn't blame him, that's the business.  Conversely, when you want 16-18 mil and no one bites, when the only offer is 8-10mil, that's your worth.  The business.  I also don't for a second think 10 mil is insulting to a 33 year old, weak armed, journeyman bridge QB, who has never taken a team to the playoffs after 11 seasons.

if someone offered him $20 million he would sign it before they sobered up, lol

I just checked out jasons page, I think the hackenberg pick makes fitz a goner.  they just can't afford him without rescinding mo's tag or cutting mangold and breno

fitz is a fun story, but if they get rid or mo or god forbid mangold to sign him it could be the dumbest thing they have done to date

to be honest, I can't even imagine what maccs plan would be if fitz signed his offer today, whatever it is

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Larz said:

if someone offered him $20 million he would sign it before they sobered up, lol

I just checked out jasons page, I think the hackenberg pick makes fitz a goner.  they just can't afford him without rescinding mo's tag or cutting mangold and breno

fitz is a fun story, but if they get rid or mo or god forbid mangold to sign him it could be the dumbest thing they have done to date

to be honest, I can't even imagine what maccs plan would be if fitz signed his offer today, whatever it is

Have to admit, haven't checked our cap status, not sure where we stand and what's available for Fitz.  Totally agree, I can live with Mo, Mangold and another QB than Fitz and lose one of those two.  I'm not one of this fans who believes Mo contributes little to this team. And never am of the opinion you get rid of your best players.  Never seems when these trades go down that the team losing the player gets the best of the deal.

Fitz is indeed missing his window here.

$8m-$10m may not be as high as his adjusted expectations after the Osweiller deal but the whole I feel insulted thing is a bit thin.  There are no other offers for him or he would have taken them.  Osweiller has youth and a possibility of a higher upside.  Fitz does not.  The Jets are very far from being one piece away from a deep playoff run and it would be criminal GM'ing to pay him $15M for what in all likelihood might be a 6-8 win season.  He is a smart man and $10M is still going to beef up his retirement nest egg far more than he had a right to expect going onto last year.

If he has enough in the bank already and does not need to the money then so long and thanks for a pretty decent ride in 2015

Geno it is then with the expectation of an associated draft bonus at the end of this year.

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Hack won't make significantly more than any other pick at position 51; so if they need to rescind mo's tag (or more likely trade/sign him) to sign Fitz the would have to either way. I would say drafting Hack increases the need for Fitz IMO - as it buys him a year or two and provides a veteran to show him the way.

If Fitz signs, Geno is a goner.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It's not a few million bucks.  It's said he wants a good 14, 15 mil

Its been said that the Jets have offered around 10.  They're said to be far apart.  Doubt that's a couple of mil.

Look there is no legit source on what Ryan is asking for. You can't say "it  says." There is speculation via the press and us. On my part too, could be he is asking for the moon but he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. Because it's obvious he isn't worth that kind of a contract. But if the hold up is between 10 and 12 and he's not wiling to compromise personally I'd do it. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Hack won't make significantly more than any other pick at position 51; so if they need to rescind mo's tag (or more likely trade/sign him) to sign Fitz the would have to either way. I would say drafting Hack increases the need for Fitz IMO - as it buys him a year or two and provides a veteran to show him the way.

If Fitz signs, Geno is a goner.

Fitz is the perfect backup QB and Mentor..

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I agree - if he can get over not being offered 15-18 million a year...

If he plays his cards right he could be here for awhile unless he really does want to retire..We had Mark Brunell as a backup when he was 40..LOL

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look there is no legit source on what Ryan is asking for. You can't say "it  says." There is speculation via the press and us. On my part too, could be he is asking for the moon but he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. Because it's obvious he isn't worth that kind of a contract. But if the hold up is between 10 and 12 and he's not wiling to compromise personally I'd do it. 

There's Polian and crew on NFL,network.  There's the ESPN crew, there's Cimini, Mehta, all saying he wants 15 or so, all saying he was offered 8-10.  If he was offered 8-10 and there 5 apart?  Not rocket science.  

He needs to decide what he wants to do.  It's the Jets or retire.  No one wants him other than us.  There are no other open starting gigs for him to even interview for.  

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I agree - if he can get over not being offered 15-18 million a year...

Again show me a legit source that can verify he's asking for 15-16. Look there's a lot of misinformation out there. And you have to take it all with a grain of salt. But one thing is for sure. He's asking for more than the Jets are at this time willing to pay him. Unless like it has been speculated they reached an agreement but are waiting to announce it because they don't have enough cap space to sign him. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Fitz will not be Hack's backup. He could be his mentor for a couple of years. But if we sign him he's the starter. 

That wasn't what I was implying of course Fitz would start if he signs I was thinking down the road no way would Hack start year one unless every QB on the roster went down..

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There's Polian and crew on NFL,network.  There's the ESPN crew, there's Cimini, Mehta, all saying he wants 15 or so, all saying he was offered 8-10.  If he was offered 8-10 and there 5 apart?  Not rocket science.  

He needs to decide what he wants to do.  It's the Jets or retire.  No one wants him other than us.  There are no other open starting gigs for him to even interview for.  

None of them said they have bonafide proof, it's all speculation on what salary figure he is asking for. And since you're listing Mehta and Cimini don't make me laugh. Since Rex left they have no inside information at all. And both of them are a joke anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

That wasn't what I was implying of course Fitz would start if he signs I was thinking down the road no way would Hack start year one unless every QB on the roster went down..

I would say that down the line Petty might be his backup. But not sure Petty will make it out of camp this summer. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I would say that down the line Petty might be his backup. But not sure Petty will make it out of camp this summer. 

I was talking about a mentor type experienced QB as a backup..Ok how about we hire him as a QB coach instead.. If Fitz signs Geno will be gone not Petty IMO..

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

I was talking about a mentor type experienced QB as a backup..Ok how about we hire him as a QB coach instead.. If Fitz signs Geno will be gone not Petty IMO..

Fitz WHO??????? 

The JETS DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO SIGN FITZ.WHAT DONT  YOU UNDERSTAND. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Again show me a legit source that can verify he's asking for 15-16. Look there's a lot of misinformation out there. And you have to take it all with a grain of salt. But one thing is for sure. He's asking for more than the Jets are at this time willing to pay him. Unless like it has been speculated they reached an agreement but are waiting to announce it because they don't have enough cap space to sign him. 

Not sure what he is asking for, but apparently the Jets offered around 8-10 and they are far apart. His agent (or he leaked) he was considering retiring before taking the money ... whatever - he apparently isn't happy with the offer - if he can get over it, he can be our starter for at least a year, and then eventually back up Hack (unless Petty is ready to step in).

Not sure what he is asking for, but apparently the Jets offered around 8-10 and they are far apart. His agent (or he leaked) he was considering retiring before taking the money ... whatever - he apparently isn't happy with the offer - if he can get over it, he can be our starter for at least a year, and then eventually back up Hack (unless Petty is ready to step in).

We cannot afford to sign Fitzpatrick 

END OF STORY 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz WHO??????? 

The JETS DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO SIGN FITZ.WHAT DONT  YOU UNDERSTAND. 

At this point in time they don't have the money to sign a Ham sandwich but things can change in a hurry when it's needed.. Oh wait I forgot it's Geno's agent Joewilly I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..LOL Not for nothing if the Jets start Geno because they must I'll root for him to do well.. 

Just now, Savage69 said:

At this point in time they don't have the money to sign a Ham sandwich but things can change in a hurry when it's needed.. Oh wait I forgot it's Geno's agent Joewilly I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..LOL Not for nothing if the Jets start Geno because they must I'll root for him to do well.. 

Cutting Geno will get you a whalloping $1 million dollars. 

No feelings hurt the same goes with my remarks about Fitz hope they dont hurt your feelings,no one likes a crying football fan especially a Jets fan.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

END OF STORY 

Macc said on multiple occasions that he wants to sign Fitz this weekend.  Currently, we don't have enough money to sign our draft picks - didn't stop us from drafting them. Since Macc said he wants to sign him, I assume he knows how he can get the money.

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Macc said on multiple occasions that he wants to sign Fitz this weekend.  Currently, we don't have enough money to sign our draft picks - didn't stop us from drafting them. Since Macc said he wants to sign him, I assume he knows how he can get the money.

I seriously doubt Fitzpatrick is signed by midnight tonight.

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I never said he was going to be signed tonight or at all; all I said is that Macc can clearly find the money if he wants it.

You posted that Macc said it. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You posted that Macc said it. 

I said that Macc said he wanted to; I never said they will; I never said he said we will; I never said before midnight;

You said: 

END OF STORY

I was disagreeing with that.

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cutting Geno will get you a whalloping $1 million dollars. 

No feelings hurt the same goes with my remarks about Fitz hope they dont hurt your feelings,no one likes a crying football fan especially a Jets fan.

With Geno it wouldn't be about money no way do they go into the season with 4 qb's if they do sign Fitz..

40 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

None of them said they have bonafide proof, it's all speculation on what salary figure he is asking for. And since you're listing Mehta and Cimini don't make me laugh. Since Rex left they have no inside information at all. And both of them are a joke anyways. 

Well, Semini did say Mac had a hardon for Hackenberg. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I get that but common sense rules too.  There's inside info on what we offered, all are on 8-10 mil area, if they're far apart think hard, he's not asking for 11mil.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Look you can believe what you want to believe. To me no common sense that he would ask for that kind of a figure. Some fans just want an excuse to jump all over the guy. Because they are still steamed about the Buff game. 

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

$10M is too high, and I hope the Jets haven't offered that much. $7-8M is generous for what Fitz is. Now, after the draft and Fitz being a free agent barely getting a nibble this long, the Jets should be looking to lower their offer, not raise it. If Fitz is insulted, screw him. He's only in the Jets' plans for as long as it takes for someone else on the roster (Hackenberg, most likely) to overtake him. Why pay a premium for that? 

3 hours ago, pointman said:

I HATE Hoyer. HATE. Hoyer got $2 million. Fitz is the same level trash. If Fitz costs $2,000,001 I pass and pick up Hoyer instead. And I HATE Hoyer.

Fitz is better than Hoyer.  But then again so is Geno

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz will not be Hack's backup. He could be his mentor for a couple of years. But if we sign him he's the starter. 

When Hackenberg is ready to start next year Fitz slides into the backup role unless Petty is capable. 

Archived